Yusuf Chopan grants bail in Pulwama attack conspiracy case | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Yusuf Chopan grants bail in Pulwama attack conspiracy case – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Yusuf Chopan grants bail in Pulwama attack conspiracy case

Published

on

CRPF troopers killed in suicide attack in Pulwama

New Delhi, Feb 25 : A Delhi court has granted bail to an accused in the Pulwama attack conspiracy case after the National Investigating Agency (NIA) failed to file the chargesheet within the prescribed period.

Special NIA Judge Parveen Singh, in an order pronounced on February 18, observed that accused Yusuf Chopan is entitled to statutory bail.

The bail was granted after Chopan’s counsel apprised the court that his client is in custody since the last 180 days and the time for filing chargesheet has elapsed.

The accused has been asked to furnish a personal bond of Rs 50,000 with one surety of like amount. Inter alia, he has also been directed to join the investigation as and when called.

He has been directed not to commit any similar offence, tamper with evidence, make any inducement, threat or promise to any person acquainted with the facts of the case.

Forty CRPF personnel, travelling in a convoy on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Pulwama district, were killed on February 14 last year when a suicide bomber rammed a car loaded with explosives into a CRPF bus in Awantipora’s Goripura.

Following the attack, banned terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility and even released a video of the purported attacker.

Cities

3 patients in Delhi Cancer Institute test Covid-19 positive

The hospital is not for COVID-19 treatment and is finding the source of the infection.

Published

on

By

coronavirus hospital

New Delhi, April 9 : After 21 staffers of the Delhi State Cancer Institute, three patients admitted to the hospital also tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday.

After several staff members tested positive, the hospital decided to test the patients as well.

According to the administration, at least three patients have been tested positive so far, while reports of others are awaited.

The hospital is not for COVID-19 treatment and is finding the source of the infection.

So far, total 21 staff, including three doctors, one sanitation worker and 17 nursing staff have been tested positive, with the hospital saying most of the staff tested positive were asymptomatic.

Delhi has so far reported 720 coronavirus cases.

Continue Reading

India

India slams China for raking up Kashmir at United Nations

On China’s part, the spokesman said Ambassador Zhang as the Security Council president, had raised the issue at Pakistan’s behest in March.

Published

on

By

china india flag

New Delhi, April 10 : The government on Thursday slammed China at the United Nations for raking up India’s internal matters and its failure to recognize Pakistan’s cross-border terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir.

A spokesman for the Chinese mission to the UN had earlier said that the “question of Kashmir remains high on the Security Council’s agenda”.

Beijing’s position on Indian Kashmir remains unchanged, he said adding that it is a “dispute left from history, and should be properly and peacefully resolved based on the charter of the United Nations, Security Council resolutions and bilateral agreements. China opposes any unilateral actions that complicate the situation”.

On China’s part, the spokesman said Ambassador Zhang as the Security Council president, had raised the issue at Pakistan’s behest in March.

In response to queries, the ministry of external affairs, Anurag Srivastava said that India rejects the reference to Jammu and Kashmir in a statement made by the spokesperson of the Permanent Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the United Nations.

“China is well aware of India’s consistent position on this issue. The Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir has been, is and shall continue to be an integral part of India. Issues related to J&K are internal matter to India,” he said.

The spokesperson said that the government’s expectation is that other countries, including “China, would refrain from commenting on matters that are internal affairs of India and respect India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. We also expect China to recognise and condemn the scourge of cross-border terrorism that affect the lives of the people of India, including in J&K”.

Continue Reading

India

Provide ration to needy Pakistan displaced families: Ashok Gehlot

Gehlot further directed that all such needy Pak displaced families, who do not come in the ambit of any social security scheme, should be provided ration.

Published

on

By

Ashok Gehlot

Jaipur, April 10 : Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said the state government will provide ration to the families displaced from Pakistan who are now residing in any district of the state.

Gehlot took this decision in view of a letter from the Seemant Lok Sangathan President Hindu Singh Sodha and directed the officials to ensure that the Pak displaced families get ration on time.

Sodha had apprised Chief Minister through his letter that approximately 6,000 Pak displaced families are residing in various districts in the state and many of these needy families had faced scarcity of ration due to lockdown.

According to the reports sent by the collectors, 500 Pak displaced families reside in Jamdoli, Govindpura and Mangyawas of Jaipur. These families are in contact with the district administration and are being distributed ration.

Similarly, in Jodhpur, 618 Pak displaced and needy families are being provided ration. Additional District Collector (II) Mahipal Kumar had been directed to be in touch with Sodha and make sure that needy families were extended all support.

As per the report, there are around 200 Pak displaced families in Sheo and Chauhatan Panchayat Samiti in Barmer district, 92 families in Pali and 93 families residing in Pugal and Bajju tehsil of Bikaner district. All these families were being provided ration items as per the demand.

Besides these districts, Pak displaced families were also residing in Jaisalmer, Jalore and Sirohi districts and are being met with their all food-related requirements and the eligible families are being provided with the financial assistance.

Gehlot further directed that all such needy Pak displaced families, who do not come in the ambit of any social security scheme, should be provided ration.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular