New Delhi, July 7 : Immerse yourself in the goodness of chocolate with some delicious recipes. These can be easily recreated within minutes at home in your microwave to enjoy on Chocolate Day.
Chocolate Mendiants by Whirlpool India
- 50gms Dark Chocolate
- 5gms Roasted and Chopped Almonds
- 5gms Cashewnut
- 5gms Walnut
- Few Grain Sea Salt
- Take a microwave oven proof glass bowl
- Add 50gms dark chocolate
- Microwave for 2 minutes at 300W
- Drop small spoons of chocolate on the sheets
- Use the back of the spoons to form little circles
- Place two to three topping elements — Walnut, Cashwenut, Almond and Sea salt
- Allow the chocolate to set
Choco Lava by Whirlpool India
- 300 grams All Purpose Flour
- 50 grams Granulated sugar
- 12 grams Cocoa Powder
- ï¿½ teaspoon baking Powder
- 40 grams Butter
- 1 Egg
- 30 grams Chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chopped chocolate
- Add the milk, melted butter, egg and mix well
- Pour the batter into the mug and place the mugs onto a baking tray
- Press Microwave once on your magicook pro to select P100. And press the clock to set the timer for 2 minutes
- Remove from the oven when it displays End
*Allow it to stand for 2 minutes before serving
- Dust some sugar on top and serve
BITTER CHOCOLATE, CARAMELISED WALNUT PARFAIT by Surendra Negi, Master Patissier at Taj Palace, New Delhi
- 52% Dark Chocolate 250 gm
- Fresh Cream 125ml
- Whipping Cream (Cold) 200ml
- Chocolate Ice Cream 300 gm
- Walnuts 50 gm
- Caster Sugar 40 gm
- Chop the chocolate, and place in a large bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil, and pour over the chocolate, mixing the two with a rubber spatula till well incorporated.
Allow this ganache to cool. Reserve a third of it for plating, and mix in the rest with the ice cream.
- Whip the cream until it has soft peaks. Fold into the chocolate mixture, and place in the freezer to allow it to rest.
- For the caramelised walnuts, toast the walnuts in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 6 minutes. Allow them to
cool completely, and place in a bowl near the stove. Next to this, place a tray lined with baking paper and two forks.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt the sugar till it is a light amber colour for about 4-5 minutes, stirring gently throughout. As soon as the caramel is ready, add in the walnuts, mixing thoroughly to ensure each is coated well. Working fast, turn this onto the tray, and, using the forks, separate the walnuts. This will be extremely hot, so be careful not to touch them at this stage. Allow to cool.
- To serve, spoon your bitter chocolate parfait into your desired bowls, pipe in the reserved ganache using a piping bag and a star nozzle, and scatter some caramelised walnuts on top.
- Serve chilled.
(N. Lothungbeni Humtsoe can be contacted at [email protected])