Work as FTII chief my biggest contribution to Indian film industry, says Gajendra Chauhan | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Work as FTII chief my biggest contribution to Indian film industry, says Gajendra Chauhan – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Work as FTII chief my biggest contribution to Indian film industry, says Gajendra Chauhan

Published

on

Ghaziabad, Dec 5: Bollywood actor Gajendra Chauhan on Tuesday described his controversy-filled stint as the chairman of Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune as his “biggest contribution to the Indian film industry”.

Addressing a presser he said “When I joined this institute on January 1, 2016, it was almost non-functional. The student batch of 2007-8 for three years diploma course were awaiting for their certificates despite remaining in the institutes for eight years. No admission were conducted in 2014-15 session. The 49 students could complete their diploma in 2016 after I joined and cleared the stagnation”, news agency IANS quoted.

Chauhan, whose appointment was opposed by the students, asserted he had invited experts to the prominent institute, improved syllabus, created a choice based credit system and upgraded three years diploma programme into Masters degree in all 6 streams – acting, direction, editing, graphics, cinematography and post-production editing.

“In the earlier period, the students were unable to understand cinema in total. They could study cinema in parts, I think this was my most important contribution to students in this field..” he added.

Speaking about the flak over his appointment, Chauhan said it was political since the chief’s posting is a political appointment.

Paying homage to Shashi Kapoor, who had died on Monday, Chauhan said that once he was advised by the veteran actor to maintain good behavior so that work could continue, adding he was still following the instructions which helped him “survive in this tough world”.

On the “Padmavati” controversy, he said its director Sanjay Leela Bhansali should keep his options open and improve in the areas which invited flak.

“If I had been the producer, I would have contacted the royal family first with the script,” he added.

Wefornews Bureau 

Entertainment

Is ‘Dirty Dancing sequel coming up?

The studio has refused to comment on whether the project, set in the 1990s, will bring back Grey’s Frances “Baby” Houseman character.

Published

on

Jennifer Grey Dirty Dancing

Los Angeles, July 15 : Actress Jennifer Grey is working on a secret dance movie, which many are speculating to be a potential sequel to the 1987 hit, “Dirty Dancing”.

“Dirty Dancing” featured Patrick Swayze as Grey’s dance instructor and romantic interest, along with Jerry Orbach and Kelly Bishop as Grey’s parents. The original film was set in 1963 at a Catskills resort.

Jonathan Levine and Gillian Bohrer are driving the current untitled project, with a screenplay by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis.

Grey is collaborating with Lionsgate on the untitled dance movie in which she will star and executive produce, reports variety.com.

The studio has refused to comment on whether the project, set in the 1990s, will bring back Grey’s Frances “Baby” Houseman character.

The original “Dirty Dancing” grossed $217 million worldwide and sold more than 1 million home video units. The song “(I’ve had) the time of my life” won an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

A prequel “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights” released in 2004.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sona Mohapatra on her body: It’s one that I am proud of

This is not the first time the singer is being vocal on this topic. In January, Sona had posted photographs of herself where she can be seen posing in a monokini.

Published

on

By

Sona Mohapatra

Mumbai, July 15 : Singer Sona Mohapatra has delivered a message against pre-conceived notions about celebrities being expected to have a skinny body, saying she is proud of her body the way it is.

“My relationship with my body is a love-love relationship. It’s a hard earned evolution and one that I am proud of. I have aspired for fitness which is a given for a live performer who exerts like an athlete on a concert stage for 3 hours in a stretch but can never be shamed or worried about not fitting into the sample sizes, free designer wear that caters to a certain skinny body type!” Sona wrote on her verified Instagram account on Wednesday.

This is not the first time the singer is being vocal on this topic. In January, Sona had posted photographs of herself where she can be seen posing in a monokini.

“I deem my body to be the best. It’s strong, can swim for miles without tiring to start with. Also my beautiful body jumps on stage for 3 hours nonstop while keeping complex songs and conversations going and keeps pace with my 24/7 ticking mind. I cannot be more grateful for it. I cannot celebrate it enough!” the singer had shared on Instagram.

Continue Reading

Disaster

Four watchmen near Rekha’s bungalow test Covid positive

However, it is not yet known whether the actress, who has been living in home isolation over the past few weeks, has had a Covid test done.

Published

on

By

Rekha

After actress Rekha’s security guard tested Covid-19 positive last weekend, four other watchmen in the area have contracted the virus. The four watchmen work in bungalows close to Rekha’s bungalow in the Bandstand area of Bandra. They have been been shifted to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Covid-19 facility, reports indiatoday.in.

The report further states that nine others who came in contact with those affected have been tested and their reports are awaited.

Last week, a security guard at Rekha’s bungalow Sea Springs tested positive for Covid. BMC has since then sealed the actress’ bungalow.

Sea Springs has been declared a containment zone and BMC has sanitised the locality.

However, it is not yet known whether the actress, who has been living in home isolation over the past few weeks, has had a Covid test done.

Rekha is one of the latest Bollywood celebrity whose staff has been affected by Covid-19, along with Sara Ali Khan whose driver tested positive. Earlier, Aamir Khan, Karan Johar, and Boney and Janhvi Kapoor, have reported that members of their staff have been infected by the coronavirus.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular