Won't tolerate anti-India activities in JNU,says Rajnath | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Won’t tolerate anti-India activities in JNU,says Rajnath – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Won’t tolerate anti-India activities in JNU,says Rajnath

Published

on

Rajnath-wefornews

Home Minister Rajnath Singh  warned of “strongest possible” action against those involved in raising anti-India slogans at an event in JNU campus here, saying such activities will not be tolerated.”The government will not tolerate any anti-national activities in the country. I have instructed Delhi Police to take strongest possible action against those involved in the incident,” said Singh on JNU campus row.

“If anyone raises anti-India slogans, tries to raise questions on country’s unity and integrity, they will not be spared. Stringent action will be taken against them,” he told reporters here.

The Home Minister said he asked the Delhi Police to take “strongest possible action” against those who were allegedly involved in anti-India acts in Jawaharlal Nehru University campus recently.

A group of students on Tuesday held an event on the JNU campus and allegedly shouted slogans against the government and the country over the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru in 2013.ABVP members had already filed a police complaint on Wednesday and submitted a purported video of the event showing the organsiers shouting slogans calling Guru a “martyr” and clashing with the protesters, to both police and the VC.

Blog

Migrant workers going back on trains vow not to return

On Tuesday, the country witnessed more than 8,000 cases for the third consecutive day. With this, India has inched closer to the two-lakh mark as total number of Covid-19 cases in India rose to 1,98,706 with 5,598 fatalities.

Published

on

daily wages workers

New Delhi, June 2 : Rajkumari, a resident of Uttar Pradesh’s Gonda has arrived at the New Delhi railway station along with all the belongings of her rented house to go back to her native place. She says she will never return as there is no work here.

However, Rajkumari’s woes don’t end here, as she has a waiting ticket for the train leaving for Varanasi.Speaking to IANS, she said, “We don’t have any work here. And as there is no income we are unable to pay the rent.”

”We are not going to come back to Delhi and it is the reason why we are going back to our village with all our belongings,” she said.

She said that her husband works as a daily labourer and now as they don’t have any work so there is no need to stay back here. She said that she will go back to her village and will do farming in the fields as the season of sowing rice is coming. Rajkumari is travelling back to her village along with her husband and two children and have booked the ticket on Tuesday morning from the New Delhi passenger reservation counter. Similar is the condition of Mukesh a resident of Uttar Pradesh’s Deoria. He said that he wil not return to Delhi for at least one and half years. Speaking to IANS, he said, “I have to go to Deoria with my belongings, and I have been running to ticket counters to book a ticket. But I am unable to get a ticket.”

He said that he was tired of running from one counter to another counter. “I am getting tired as the heat is unbearable and we are sitting on the main road,” he said. When asked where he worked before the nationwide lockdown was announced to combat the spread of novel coronavirus (Covid-19), he said, “I used to work in a sewing factory and as the work is shut I have no option rather than to return to my home. “I am living here with three of my family members, so it is tough for me to feed them without any work,” Mukesh added. The Indian Railways has partially started the services of 200 more trains from Monday besides the

15 pairs of air conditioned trains. Even the norms of the social distancing outside the New Delhi railway station went for a toss as the people entering the station premises were standing just inches away from each other. The railways has suspended the passenger, mail and express train services on March 25.

However, it started running the Shramik Special trains to transport the stranded migrant workers, pilgrims, students and tourists across the country. Since May 1, the railways has transported over 56 lakh migrant workers across the country in over 4,000 Shramik Special trains. The railways also started to run 15 pairs of Special trains from New Delhi to different parts of the country. According to railway ministry officials, by 10 a.m. on Tuesday over 1.77 lakh passengers booked tickets for the 200 special time tabled trains.

Jagdish, a reisdent of Gaya in Bihar, who used to work in a sunmica factory said that he was also returning back to his home as he is unable to meet the demands of his family with the wage cut. Speaking to IANS, he said, “We are getting very less salary and the landlords in whose home we reisded here didn’t waive the rent. So that is the reason why I am going back to my native place.” When asked if he shall return back, he said, “First I want to reach home then only we can decide if we will come back or not.”

The country has witnessed mass exodus of migrant workers during the nationwide lockdown. Many people have braved the scorching heat and walked hundreds of kilometers towards their native places either by foot or on bicycles.

On Tuesday, the country witnessed more than 8,000 cases for the third consecutive day. With this, India has inched closer to the two-lakh mark as total number of Covid-19 cases in India rose to 1,98,706 with 5,598 fatalities.

By Anand Singh

(Anand Singh can be contacted at [email protected])

Continue Reading

India

Jessica Lal murder case: Manu Sharma released from Tihar Jail

The Delhi Sentence Review Board (SRB) which comes under the Delhi government had recommended Sharma’s premature release last month

Published

on

By

Manu Sharma Jessica Lal

Delhi Lt Governor Anil Baijal has approved the premature release of Jessica Lal Murder case convict Manu Sharma, who is serving life sentence, according to an official order.

The Delhi Sentence Review Board (SRB) which comes under the Delhi government had recommended Sharma’s premature release last month. The sources said the recommendation was made at a meeting of the SRB chaired by Delhi Home Minister Satyendar Jain on May 11. Sharma, son of former Union minister Vinod Sharma, was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by the Delhi High Court in December 2006 for killing Jessica Lal in 1999.

A trial court had acquitted him, but the high court reversed the order and the Supreme Court later upheld his life sentence in April 2010. Lal was shot dead by Sharma after she had refused to serve him liquor at the Tamarind Court restaurant owned by socialite Bina Ramani at Qutub Colonnade in south Delhi’s Mehrauli area on the night of April 30, 1999.

Continue Reading

India

Congress alleges ”secret” trip by Kerala CS just before retiring

According to estimates, Chennithala said the quantity of this sand is in excess of one lakh tonnes.

Published

on

By

Ramesh Chennithala

Thiruvananthapuram, June 2 : Leader of Opposition in the Kerala Assembly Ramesh Chennithala on Tuesday expressed serious doubts on a ”secret” helicopter trip taken by Tom Jose and State Police chief Loknath Behera, hours before the former retired.

Jose retired on last Saturday from the post of chief secretary and handed over the charge to Vishwas Mehta on Monday morning.

Chennithala told the media here that the trip was a secret one to have a look into the tonnes of sand lying on the banks of river Pamba at the foothills of the famed Sabarimala temple.

According to estimates, Chennithala said the quantity of this sand is in excess of one lakh tonnes.

“Soon after this flying visit, the Pathanamthitta district authorities came out with an order giving the rights of removing this precious sand to the Kannur based state owned Kerala Clays and Ceramics Products,” said Chennithala.

“What is intriguing is neither the forest nor revenue department is aware of what happened. This place is where the Forest Act is in vogue and the Revenue department is responsible for the sand. I read in the media that State Forest Minister K. Raju had no clue on this. This particular company has no expertise or has not done anything conclusive till now. This company is chaired by a top level CPI-M party official from Kannur,” said Chennithala.

Kannur is the home town of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and State Industries Minister E.P. Jayarajan, under whose department, this company is placed.

“We wish to know if a sand audit was conducted and also was the environmentalist consulted. My question is — what are they going to do with the sand and if there are other ”players” involved in it? Today everything is happening under the guise of Covid, without taking into account even the concerned departments. We are questioning why this is now being done as this sand was lying there for two years. We want to hear from the government and then I will reveal more,” added Chennithala.

–IANS

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular