Connect with us

World

Why was Mallya allowed to leave India, Kejriwal asks Modi on Twitter

Published

on

arvind-kejriwal-wefornews

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi why beleaguered business tycoon Vijay Mallya was allowed to leave India.

“Since CBI directly reports to Prime Minister, Modi owes an answer why Mallya was allowed to leave India. Central Bureau of Investigation couldn’t have allowed without approval from top,” Kejriwal tweeted.

Mallya left the country on March 2, days before a group of creditor-banks led by the State Bank of India moved the Supreme Court to restrain him from leaving India.

A consortium of 17 banks led by the State Bank of India wants the liquor baron to be arrested for not repaying about Rs.9,000 crore he had borrowed.

The United Breweries group chairman has said that he “respects and will comply with the law of the land”.

World

North Korea demolishes what it says is nuclear test site

The North did not invite international inspectors to the ceremony, which limits its value as a concession.

Published

on

North Korean Kim Jong un

PUNGGYE-RI, North Korea (AP) – North Korea has carried out what it says is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists.

The demolition happened Thursday at the site deep in the mountains of the North’s sparsely populated northeast.

The planned closing was previously announced by leader Kim Jong Un ahead of his planned summit with U.S. President Donald Trump next month.

The North’s decision to close the site has generally been seen as a welcome gesture by Kim to set a positive tone ahead of the summit. Even so, it is not an irreversible move and would need to be followed by many more significant measures to meet Trump’s demands for denuclearization.

The North did not invite international inspectors to the ceremony, which limits its value as a concession.

Continue Reading

World

Russian missile was used to shoot down flight MH17 : Investigators

Thirty eight Australian residents were among those on board the Boeing 777.

Published

on

malaysia flight MH 17

Investigators have released evidence confirming that the missile used to shoot down flight MH17 belonged to the Russian military’s 53rd Brigade.

Speaking at a press conference in Utrecht, Wilbert Paulissen of the Joint Investigations Team said the new evidence confirms that the missile was brought into separatist territory in Ukraine and then the equipment used to fire it was quickly taken back to Russia after it was used to shoot down the plane.

MH17 was shot down over the conflict zone in Ukraine’s Donetsk region on July 17, 2014, killing all 298 people on board.

Thirty-eight Australian residents were among those on board the Boeing 777.

More to come.

Continue Reading

World

Air strike by US-led coalition hits military posts in Syria, kills 12 pro-regime forces

Published

on

Air Strike

Damascus, May 24: The coalition led by the US carried out an airstrike against Syrian army positions in the province of Deir ez-Zor, news agency AFP reported citing state media.

“Some of our military positions between Albu Kamal and Hmeimeh were hit this morning in an aggression by American coalition warplanes,” said a military source quoted on state news agency SANA.

A military source from forces allied to Syria’s government had said the strikes had targeted two regime military positions near a frontline with IS.

Daesh then launched an attack on the positions. The strikes and attack left a number of Syrian fighters dead and caused material damage,” the source told AFP, using the Arabic acronym for IS.

“There are no Iranian or Lebanese fighters among the dead,” the source added.

WeForNews 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular