In the line of Assam assembly elections, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday addressed a rally at Diphu district in Assam where he targets Modi government.
Attacking on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rahul said, “Modi ji arrives, makes promises and leaves. You need to ask yourself, out of all promises made by Modi ji to you, how many has he actually fulfilled.”
“Congress has brought peace in Assam in 15 years. It is one of our biggest achievements. Whenever I come to Assam, Gogoi ji talks about people of state, development in state. He wants to help you whole-heartedly. We want everyone to have equal rights in the country. Congress means unity in diversity,” Rahul said while addressing the rally.
“Wherever BJP government goes, they instigate violence among people. Everybody knows what happened in Gujarat and recently in Haryana where BJP was in power. Congress party ruled Haryana for 10 years but no riot ever took place in the state,” he said.
Adding further he said, “Special status given to Assam by Congress has been removed. BJP only creates a situation that instigates fighting among people. Modi ji took away special status of Assam under which the state used to get thousands of crores of rupees under Congress government.”
Drawing a parallel between business tycoon Vijay Mallya and former IPL chief Lalit Modi (both are currently being investigated for alleged money laundering by Indian investigative authorities), Rahul said, “Vijay Mallya met one of the ministers of Modi ji in Parliament and managed to run away from the country very easily with dozen baggage items. No attempt was made to stop him from fleeling and no attempt has been made to bring him back since then. Similarly, no effort has been made by Centre to initiate extradition process against Lalit Modi, who has been on the run with thousands of crores of black money.”
- The truth is that wherever BJP goes it tries to instigate violence among people.
- You need to ask yourself, out of all promises made by Modiji to you, how many has he actually fulfilled?
- Whenever I come to Assam, Gogoi ji only talks about people of state, development in state. He wants to help you whole-heartedly.
- Modi ji took away special status of Assam under which the state used to get thousands of crores of rupees under Congress govt.
- Congress has brought peace in Assam in 15 years, it is one of our biggest achievements.