WhatsApp for Symbian to Stop Working on December 31 | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs WhatsApp for Symbian to Stop Working on December 31 – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Tech

WhatsApp for Symbian to Stop Working on December 31

Published

on

WhatsApp has started notifying Symbian users that the app will stop working on the platform on December 31. The Facebook-owned messaging app earlier this year had announced that it will drop support for several mobile operating systems from 2017, including Nokia’s dated Symbian.

A notification about the end of WhatsApp support for the platform has started popping up to Symbian users worldwide. The message reads, “Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use WhatsApp after 31/12/2016 because WhatsApp will no longer support your phone.” All About Symbian first reported the end-of-life date for the WhatsApp app.

To recall, WhatsApp back in February had announced the end of support for Symbian alongside BlackBerry. The messaging service had suggested users to upgrade to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp. The company had emphasised how much the market changed in the years since WhatsApp was launched in 2009. Previously, Android and iOS platforms were running on less than 25 percent of the devices, while BlackBerry and Nokia’s operating systems dominated the market with roughly a 70 percent share. WhatsApp’s decision to pull the plug on Symbian and BlackBerry however recaps how the platforms have lost popularity.

Apart from BlackBerry and Symbian, WhatsApp announced end of support for Windows Phone 7.1, and Android 2.2 or below.

One of the biggest reason why WhatsApp was ending the support was these operating systems weren’t offering the “kind of capabilities,” the messaging service needed to expand its app’s features in the future.

BlackBerry had soon after said that it was extremely disappointed with WhatsApp’s decision to abandon its platform.

Tech

YouTube Premiere adds new tools for more interactive experience

Published

on

By

YouTube

New Delhi, Dec 3 : YouTube has announced new features namely Live Redirect, Trailers, and Countdown Themes specifically designed to make its Premieres service more exciting.

“Since March 1, 2020, we have seen over 85 per cent growth in daily Premieres from over 8 million channels. And over 80 per cent of these channels had never before used Premieres. We want to continue enabling these real-time, communal experiences now more than ever. That’s why we are launching three new features to help creators,” the company said in a statement on Wednesday.

The first, Live Redirect, allows creators to livestream a pre-show before they release a new video and then automatically redirect viewers to their Premiere right before it starts. YouTube has been testing this feature for a couple of months.

Next, Trailers will allow users to upload a pre-recorded hype video that will be played on the watch page in advance of the Premiere. With the option to range from 15 seconds to 3 minutes in duration, it will help create an even more compelling experience and encourage viewers to set a reminder to tune into the Premiere.

Lastly, YouTube also announced the ability to set Countdown themes as a way to build excitement among the viewers. YouTube will offer a wide range of themes, vibes, and moods to choose from, such as calm, playful, dramatic and sporty, etc.

Live Redirect and Trailers have started rolling out to eligible creators starting today, and Countdown Themes will be available in the coming months.

“We can’t wait to see the new ways these features bring us together, giving your audience a front-row seat to your next Premiere. Give them a try and let us know what you think,” the company added.

Continue Reading

Tech

Some iPhone 12 series units losing LTE, 5G service: Report

Published

on

iPhone 8
CUPERTINO (U.S.), Sept. 12, 2017 (Xinhua) -- Security personnel are seen inside Apple Park as a special event is CUPERTINO (U.S.), Sept. 12, 2017 (Xinhua) -- Phil Schiller, Apple's Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, introduces new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus during a special event in Cupertino, California, the United States on Sept. 12, 2017. Apple Inc. released a series of new products and services in Cupertino on Tuesday. (Xinhua/IANS)

Since the end of October, a few hundred users have taken yo Apple’s forums to report that their iPhone 12 (with reports seemingly covering all fourmodels) drops the cellular connection on 5G and 4G networks. This seems to be happening more often with Verizon and AT&T users but T-Mobile clients experience the issue too.

Multiple reports arise of iPhone 12-series losing LTE and 5G service

A separate Reddit thread has been created just for this and owners of iPhone 12 say that this happens mostly while they are traveling by car. The workaround, for now, is to turn on the airplane mode on and off again. One of the commenters said that he was able to reach one of the PR execs and he confirmed that Apple is aware of the issue and is currently investigating. Perhaps a fix is on its way.

Continue Reading

Business

UK bans installation of Huawei 5G telecom gear from Sep 2021

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) designated Chinese telecom companies, Huawei and ZTE, as national security risks to America’s communications networks.

Published

on

By

Huawei Technologies

London: The UK government announced on Monday that the Chinese telecom giant Huawei will not be able to install its 5G equipments in the country from September 2021.

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport said that as per its earlier decision, the UK carriers will no longer be able to install Huawei equipment beginning September 2021.

The UK government has laid out a roadmap for removing all telecoms equipment made by “high risk vendors,” including Huawei, from the country’s 5G network by 2027, reports CNET.

In July this year, the UK government had announced a ban on the purchase of new Huawei kits for 5G from next year and said that the Chinese telecom giant’s equipment will be completely removed from 5G networks by the end of 2027.

The telecoms operators have seven years to remove its existing technology from their 5G infrastructure at an expected cost of 2 billion pounds.

The decision came following new advice produced by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) on the impact of US sanctions against the telecommunications vendor.

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) designated Chinese telecom companies, Huawei and ZTE, as national security risks to America’s communications networks.

In a U-turn, the UK government that earlier allowed Huawei to sell its 5G technology in the country, signalled a tougher stand against the Chinese telecom giant.

Huawei called the decision “bad news for anyone in the UK with a mobile phone”.

Struggling to keep its consumer business afloat in the wake of the US sanctions, Huawei this month announced to sell off its Honor smartphone business assets to China-based Shenzhen Zhixin New Information Technology Co Ltd.

The company said that the sale — which could be around $15 billion according to multiple reports — will help Honor’s channel sellers and suppliers make it through this difficult time.

Honor smartphones have been hit by US sanctions that prevent Huawei from doing business with the US companies.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.