Was heartbroken when show was axed: 'Pehredaar Piya Ki' producer | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Was heartbroken when show was axed: ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ producer – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Was heartbroken when show was axed: ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ producer

Published

on

pehredaar piya ki

Mumbai, Sep 5: Sumeet Mittal, producer of “Pehredaar Piya Ki” — the show which was pulled off air due to its “obnoxious” plot — says he was heartbroken when the controversy emerged. Having moved on, he is now looking forward to his new production “Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai”.

Sony Entertainment Television had last month pulled “Pehredaar Piya Ki” off air after a string of complaints to the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) against the show which revolved around an 18-year-old girl marrying a nine-year-old boy. The decision was reportedly taken under pressure from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.

With his energy now focussed on the 1990s-set “Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai”, a teenage love story which will go on air from Tuesday, Sumeet was asked about what made him take another risk and what was his learning from the controversy.

He told: “We are creative people, so Shashi and I have seen a lot of ups and downs in our creative journey. Yes, I was heartbroken when even after giving a proper explanation to the authorities (BCCC), we had to stop the show. But you see, simultaneously we were developing this show ‘Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai’.

“So we managed to move on faster. This show allowed us to relive our personal love story all over again.”

According to Sumeet, the basic story of their upcoming show is inspired by the love story of his and his wife Shashi, who is also his production partner.

He said: “We met in school and started a journey from there. We were 1990s’ kids. While shooting the first boy-met-girl scene in the school, the boy walking hurriedly to the teacher and the girl coming from the opposite direction and they fall down for the obvious reason, I sat down and thought, ‘Was that the way she looked at me?’.”

Sumeet said revisiting 1990s was special.

“A majority of Indian television audience is in small town areas where people still prefer family entertainment. The 1990s era is a golden time where we started introducing modern popular culture in a middle-class family. Youngsters started finding a way to convince their parents to live their lives in their way, and parents enforcing tradition and value in them.

“These days, mostly parents let their kids do what they want to. Earlier, we always tried to find our own sweet little ways. And then the 1990s era brings an instant mood of nostalgia… So, it is relatable for the major audience.”

The show introduces two new talents Ashi Singh and Randeep Rai as lead actors who underwent a two-month workshop to get a better understanding of their characters.

“In 1990s, kids had a different body language, they were simple, innocent and something very sweet about it. School life love stories are more platonic. So we tried to capture that and instilled some of those characteristics in our lead characters. We showed them some films like ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’ and made them listen to superhit songs from films like ‘Chandni’,” Sumeet said.

IANS

Disaster

Four watchmen near Rekha’s bungalow test Covid positive

However, it is not yet known whether the actress, who has been living in home isolation over the past few weeks, has had a Covid test done.

Published

on

By

Rekha

After actress Rekha’s security guard tested Covid-19 positive last weekend, four other watchmen in the area have contracted the virus. The four watchmen work in bungalows close to Rekha’s bungalow in the Bandstand area of Bandra. They have been been shifted to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Covid-19 facility, reports indiatoday.in.

The report further states that nine others who came in contact with those affected have been tested and their reports are awaited.

Last week, a security guard at Rekha’s bungalow Sea Springs tested positive for Covid. BMC has since then sealed the actress’ bungalow.

Sea Springs has been declared a containment zone and BMC has sanitised the locality.

However, it is not yet known whether the actress, who has been living in home isolation over the past few weeks, has had a Covid test done.

Rekha is one of the latest Bollywood celebrity whose staff has been affected by Covid-19, along with Sara Ali Khan whose driver tested positive. Earlier, Aamir Khan, Karan Johar, and Boney and Janhvi Kapoor, have reported that members of their staff have been infected by the coronavirus.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ekta Kapoor to Sushant: We’ll make a wish when we see a shooting star and know it’s you

Sushant’s last Bollywood film “Dil Bechara” is slated to release on an OTT platform on July 24.

Published

on

By

ekta kapoor sushant singh rajput

Mumbai: Ekta Kapoor shared an emotional note for late actor Sushant Singh Rajput on Tuesday. Sushant passed away here on June 14, exactly a month ago.

On Tuesday, Ekta shared a few throwback photographs clicked with the late actor on Instagram.

“Rest In Peace sushi!! We will smile and make a wish when we see a shooting star and know it’s u!! Love u forever!!” wrote the producer.

Ekta had launched Sushant as an actor in the Balaji daily soap “Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil”. He later became popular as Manav Deshmukh in another Balaji soap, “Pavitra Rishta”, before foraying into Bollywood.

Sushant’s last Bollywood film “Dil Bechara” is slated to release on an OTT platform on July 24.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Whoever said time helps heal all wounds, was lying: Sanjana on Sushant Singh Rajput

‘Dil Bechara’ will be the last release of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who passed away in Mumbai June 14. The film is slated to release on an OTT platform July 24.

Published

on

By

dil-bechara-trailer-sushant-sanjana

Mumbai: Tuesday marks a month that Sushant Singh Rajput passed away. On this day, Sanjana Sanghi, lead actress of Sushant’s last film ‘Dil Bechara’, penned an emotional note in the late actor’s memory.

‘Whoever said time helps heal all wounds, was lying. Some feel like they are being ripped open, again and again, and bleeding. Of moments that now will forever remain memories, of laughs together that were but will never again be, questions that will remain unanswered, of disbelief that only keeps growing.’

‘But these wounds also contain a film, a gift that everyone is yet to see, wounds that contain dreams, plans and desires for our country’s children, their education and their future that will be fulfilled, wounds that contain a passion for an endless creative zest for every artist there is, wounds that contain the hope for a world that promises to uphold honesty, integrity, kindness and embraces individuality – rid of all toxicity.’
‘I vow that I will do everything to make sure each of these dreams are fulfilled, like you always wanted me to. Except, you had promised we would do it all together. #SushantSinghRajput #ThinkingOfYou,’ shared Sanjana on her verified Instagram account story.

Casting director Mukesh Chhabra who makes his debut as director with ‘Dil Bechara’, also remembered Sushant Tuesday.

‘Ek mahina ho Gaya hai aj…ab toh kabhi phone bhi nahi ayega tera (it has been a month since you left… I know you will never ever call me again),’ shared Chhabra on his verified Instagram account.

The filmmaker also shared some photographs of the late actor from the sets of the film.

Directed by Mukesh Chhabra, ‘Dil Bechara’ is the official remake of the 2014 Hollywood romantic drama ‘The Fault in our Stars’, based on John Green’s popular novel of the same name.

‘Dil Bechara’ will be the last release of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who passed away in Mumbai June 14. The film is slated to release on an OTT platform July 24.

Suggest A Correction

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular