Video shows cop berating Tablighi Jamaat management over COVID-19 fears | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Video shows cop berating Tablighi Jamaat management over COVID-19 fears – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Video shows cop berating Tablighi Jamaat management over COVID-19 fears

“The video is of March 23 or 24. In the video I explained to the management of Markaz.

Published

on

Nizamuddin Markaz

New Delhi, April 1 : A video has gone viral on social media on Tuesday showing SHO of Nizamuddin, Mukesh Walia berating the management of Markaz Tabligi Jamaat over the large crowds at the event that led to the current crisis of coronavirus cases.

“Those who are there, get them out of here immediately. If you people do not agree it will not be right. You must listen to us,” Walia told the Tabligi Jamaat members.

All the warnings of the SHO were ignored by the event managers. Due to which crowd of thousands was present at Jamaat on March 24. Even after this, the people here stayed put. In the video, the SHO is clearly heard saying that no more than five people will gather in Markaz.

It is not as if the video was secretly created as Inspector Walia is repeatedly and openly saying that “I am making a video of my conversation. Everything is also being recorded on CCTV. You people are not obeying even after I’m saying it again and again.”

In the video, the inspector further says, “I have warned you many times. Even after this one and a half to two thousand people have always been in markaz. Why after all? All religious places are closed. There is nothing in it for my interest. You people will survive only if you maintain distance. “

When all this had no effect on the Markaz members, the SHOs get annoyed saying ” I warned you again and again. Warning granted.”

At one point in the video, the SHO Markaz appears to give notice to the management.

IANS spoke to SHO Walia about this entire video. He said, “The video is of March 23 or 24. In the video I explained to the management of Markaz. I was explaining to these people about the situation, that they should immediately disperse the crowd. I also gave notice to them in writing. The government will arrange buses immediately to remove the crowd.”

Disaster

Covid woes in Delhi’s AIIMS, 479 test positive

Published

on

By

AIIMS

New Delhi, June 4 : The All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) here has turned to be a ”hotspot” of coronavirus infection with as many as 479 persons — staff as well as their dependents — testing positive for the highly contagious disease.

A source told IANS that as on May 30, a total of 479 people tested positive. “This includes two faculty members, 17 resident doctors, 38 nursing staff, 74 security staff and hospital attendants each and 54 sanitation staff.” The number also includes 14 labs, x-ray and other technical staff while the number of others (dependents) stood at 193.

However the source also told IANS that the AIIMS has scaled up its testing. “AIIMS has now started testing most patients before admission to wards and before taking to OTs. A new rapid test, called CBNAAT, which gives results in 2 hours is now available at AIIMS. This may help to reduce exposure of healthcare workers in hospitals. Last month and before, very few patients and with symptoms were tested. Many patients tested positive in wards when they were tested in view of symptoms,” said the source.

He also added that the new machine for testing is available for Emergency department too, so that emergency patients can be tested.

“As such it is highly possible that the number is because AIIMS has resources and cares for its employees, and is able to scale up its testing. More the testing, more the diagnosed healthcare workers. Masks and PPE are of good quality but the problem is that they don”t seal properly. So from around the margins of masks, aerosols can enter. There should be a proper sealing test and different sizes of masks should be made available on a person to person basis,” said the source.

On May 25, a senior sanitation supervisor posted at Rajkumari Amrit Kaur OPD in the AIIMS had died from Covid-19. A mess worker of the AIIMS also lost his life due to the disease on May 22.

–IANS

Continue Reading

Disaster

Nine in 10 migrants in Delhi consumed less food during lockdown: Survey

Nearly four in 10 (37 per cent) households were unable to get ration and 96 per cent of vulnerable households did not have a Jan Dhan account.

Published

on

By

daily wages workers

New Delhi, June 4 : As many as 73 per cent informal and migrant workers lost their jobs in Delhi during the lockdown, according to a survey conducted by the Azim Premji University.

The survey of 240 respondents found that the average earnings of non-agricultural self employed and casual wage workers fell by 63 per cent.

As per the survey, women suffered more employment losses, as 77 per cent women lost their jobs against 66 per cent men.

Indicating distress, the survey said that nine in 10 migrant households reported consuming less food than before, while three out of four households or 75 per cent did not have money to buy a week”s worth of essentials.

More than half of the vulnerable households did not receive ration, while nearly seven in 10 migrants did not receive the same.

Seven out 10 (73 per cent) vulnerable households did not get any cash transfer, as per the survey.

The survey conducted by the Azim Premji University has shown heavy job losses among informal and migrant workers, up to 70-80 per cent, in the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Delhi and the city of Pune.

The disruption in the economy and labour markets in these places is enormous. Livelihoods have been devastated at unprecedented levels during the lockdown. The recovery from this could be slow and very painful, the survey said.

It found that Covid-19 and its associated safety measures, such as the lockdown since March 24, have taken a heavy toll on the economy, and particularly on the vulnerable informal and migrant workers and their families.

The sample for the survey was selected using the networks of civil society organisation collaborators. “The findings pertain only to the sample and are not representative of the entire state. Findings should not be compared across states,” it said.

For the state of Gujarat, a survey of 315 respondents showed that seven out of 10 (71 per cent) workers lost their employment. Urban workers were more severely affected with nine out 10 losing their jobs since the lockdown. As many as 96 per cent of regular salaried workers in the urban areas lost their jobs.

The survey said that nearly nine in 10 farmers were not able to sell their produce at full price. Nearly seven in 10 households did not have enough money for a week”s worth of essentials and the situation was worse in the urban areas at 89 per cent.

As many as 95 per cent of urban households reported reducing their food intake during the lockdown. Six per cent of urban households did not receive any cash transfer compared to 51 per cent of rural households.

In Rajasthan, a survey of 484 respondents showed that nearly nine in 10 (88 per cent) workers reported losing their employment. Casual wage workers in the urban areas were the worst hit, as 95 per cent of them lost their jobs. Sixty-eight per cent of salaried workers were not paid salaries or received only partial payments.

More than three in four households reported consuming less food during the lockdown while 63 per cent of vulnerable households did not have money to buy even a week”s worth of essentials.

Four in 10 households had to take a loan as a result of the lockdown, as per the survey. Three in 10 migrants working in the urban areas did not have a ration card. Nearly four in 10 vulnerable households in the urban areas received no cash transfers.

In Pune, a survey of 307 respondents showed that nearly eight out of 10 (78 per cent) lost their employment during the lockdown. Men were worse affected, as 86 per cent reported employment loss compared to 72 per cent women. More than two-third (67 per cent) of salaried workers did not receive salary or were paid partially.

Eight in 10 households were consuming less food than before, while nine in 10 households were unable to pay the next month”s rent.

Nearly four in 10 (37 per cent) households were unable to get ration and 96 per cent of vulnerable households did not have a Jan Dhan account.

Nine in 10 (94 per cent) vulnerable households did not receive any cash transfer, as per the survey.

Continue Reading

Business

Amazon in talks to buy stake in Bharti Airtel

In just around a month, RIL has sold over 17 per cent stake in Jio Platforms for a combined Rs 78,562 crore.

Published

on

By

airtel

New Delhi, June 4 : E-commerce giant Amazon is in talks to purchase a stake worth at least $2 billion in telecom major Bharti Airtel.

According to reports, the Jeff Bezos-led Amazon would acquire around 5 per cent stake based on the current market value of India”s third largest telecom company in terms of subscribers.

Describing the reports as speculations, an Amazon spokesperson said: “We don”t comment on speculation about what we may or may not do in future.”

An Airtel spokesperson said: “We routinely work with all digital and OTT players and have deep engagement with them to bring their products, content and services for our wide customer base. Beyond that there is no other activity to report.”

Reports suggested that the talks are in initial stages currently. The talks come at atime when Jio Platforms has attracted several investors in the past one month led by Facebook which took up around 10 per cent stake.

In just around a month, RIL has sold over 17 per cent stake in Jio Platforms for a combined Rs 78,562 crore.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular