Lucknow, Sep 25: At least 25 National Cadet Corps (NCC) cadets were hospitalised allegedly due to food poisoning in Uttar Pradesh’s Allahabad.
The cadets were admitted to Beli hospital and SRM hospital on September 23 late night.
“Today we got complaints of diarrhoea and dehydration from a few students. Thereafter, 25 students were admitted to Beli hospital and SRM hospital respectively,” said District Magistrate Suhas LY told media.
Allahabad: 25 NCC cadets were admitted to Beli hospital last night allegedly due to food poisoning. Dist Magistrate Suhas LY(pic 3) says 'Some children are also in SRM hospital. All are stable but are being monitored.' They were participating in an NCC camp in KP College.' (24.9) pic.twitter.com/mM4IZDVfBo
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) September 24, 2018
“We have informed the officials to look after the children properly. We will conduct an investigation as to why this has happened,” he added.
Around 500 students, above ninth standard students were participating in an NCC camp in the KP College.
Last month, a student of residential school in Uttar Pradesh’s Bahuar village in Mirzapur district lost her life because of food poisoning, while 12 other girls, who were taken ill, were hospitalised.