US judge declines to block Commerce Department WeChat order | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs US judge declines to block Commerce Department WeChat order – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Tech

US judge declines to block Commerce Department WeChat order

Published

on

TikTok WeChat

NEW YORK : A United States judge in California declined to block the Commerce Department order issued on Friday that will prohibit U.S. app stores from offering Tencent Holding’s WeChat for download starting late Sunday.

Judge Laurel Beeler said the request for a preliminary injunction in a lawsuit brought by U.S. WeChat users appeared moot after the Commerce order but said in an written order “the court is available today for a hearing on any emergency motions.” A lawyer for the WeChat users did not immediately comment.

Beeler issued a follow-up order that said lawyers for the WeChat users “will file something by 10:45 a.m. (PDT) about why the motion is not moot.” She tentatively sets a Zoom hearing for 11:00 a.m. (PDT)(1700 GMT).

The Justice Department said Friday in a court filing that Beeler should reject the request, saying President Donald Trump “has invoked his emergency powers to address (the WeChat) threat, and plaintiffs have articulated no legal basis for the Court to take the extraordinary step of enjoining his exercise of that authority.”

Tech

Airtel’s privacy policy updated after furore

Airtel clarified in a statement, “We have come across some reports regarding our privacy policy as stated on our web site”.

Published

on

By

airtel

New Delhi, Oct 19 : Airtels privacy policy statement has been updated after a controversy over sexual orientation being part of the personal information that can be accessed.

The privacy policy of Airtel mentioned that it can collect users’ personal information and data like genetic information, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic origin, religious and philosophical belief, trade union membership, health data, financial information and political opinion and share these with third parties.

While signing the privacy policy, many users may not have realised the enormity of the details that can be accessed.

The policy said, “Personal information collected and held by us may include but not limited to your name, father’s name, mother’s name, spouse’s name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, occupation and information contained in the documents used as proof of identity and proof of address.

“Airtel and its authorised third parties may collect, store, process the following types of sensitive personal information such as genetic data, biometric data, racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious and philosophical belief, trade union membership, data concerning health, data concerning natural personal sex life or sexual orientation, password, financial information (details of bank account, credit card, debit card, or other payment instrument details), physiological information for providing our products, services and for use of our website.

“We may also hold information related to your utilisation of our services which may include your call details, your browsing history on our website, location details and additional information provided by you while using our services.”

Airtel clarified in a statement, “We have come across some reports regarding our privacy policy as stated on our web site”.

“We would like to state that the privacy of our customers is of paramount importance to us,” it added.

Airtel said, “The generic content of the definitions of what constitutes personal data as laid down by the IT Act are expansive, which had been inadvertently put on our website. This was a clerical error,” the company said.

“We thank those who brought this error to our attention. We emphatically confirm that we do not collect any personal information relating to genetic data, religious or political beliefs, health or sexual orientation etc.,” Airtel said.

“The policy which we have always used to collect data has been duly updated for the benefit of our customers,” the company said.

Continue Reading

Tech

Dark Mode, multiple account support now on Google smart displays

“Google Meet on Nest Hub Max will now auto-frame to keep the camera centered on you if you move around”.

Published

on

Google-wefornews

New Delhi, Oct 19 : Google on Monday introduced dark mode and multiple account support for its Assistant-powered smart displays like Nest Hub.

If users have separate personal and work accounts, they can now set up multiple accounts on Google Assistant devices to see and interact with upcoming events and meetings in one place — without having to switch between their personal or work account.

“As you begin your day, just tap the new ‘Your morning’ page to get things off to a good start. You’ll see things like a reminder for your first meeting, a run-down of the morning news and a glance at the weather ahead,” said Jack Krawczyk, Director, Product Management at Google.

The new visual layout also has a “Home control” page, where you can control the connected devices throughout the house.

Zoom is coming to Assistant-enabled Smart Displays later this year.

Use the “Communicate” page to start a new meeting, call one of your household contacts or even message your kids in another room using a Broadcast card.

“Google Meet on Nest Hub Max will now auto-frame to keep the camera centered on you if you move around”.

“Dark Theme changes the colour scheme of the interface and reduces light emission, so it’s easier on the eyes at night while still providing you with visual and touch access,” the company said.

Google also announced the new Sunrise Alarm on its Smart Displays.

With Sunrise Alarm – coming to Smart Displays — the brightness of the screen will gradually increase starting 30 minutes before the alarm goes off.

“You can also set different alarms for different days of the week and choose different ringtones for them,” Google said.

Continue Reading

Tech

Redmi K30s with 64MP camera to launch soon: Report

The smartphone could run on a 5,000mAh battery. The display will be a 6.67-inch LCD with full HD+ resolution. It will also have an in-screen fingerprint sensor.

Published

on

By

Redmi K30s

Beijing, Oct 18 : Xiaomi is reportedly working on a new Redmi K30s smartphone, a rebranded Mi 10T which launched in India recently.

The handset has appeared on the Chinese regulatory agency TENAA. The listing reveals most of the specifications alongside some shots confirming the phone’s design, reports GSMArena.

The device with model number M2007J3SC is listed with a 64MP camera.

The specs sheet says the upcoming smartphone will have three RAM options – 6/8/12 GB, and three storage variations – 128/256/512.

The smartphone could run on a 5,000mAh battery. The display will be a 6.67-inch LCD with full HD+ resolution. It will also have an in-screen fingerprint sensor.

The phone will likely run MIUI 12 straight out of the box and it will be running above Android 10 OS.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.