Two rockets hit Iraqi capital's Green Zone: security sources | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Two rockets hit Iraqi capital’s Green Zone: security sources – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Middle East

Two rockets hit Iraqi capital’s Green Zone: security sources

Iranian missiles hit two Iraqi bases hosting US troops amid rising tensions following US killing of Iran’s Soleimani.

Published

on

breaking

BREAKING NEWS: Two rockets hit Iraqi capital’s Green Zone: security sources. Several other Baghdad residents and local media reported explosions in the Iraqi capital.

Several rocket strikes have targeted the Green Zone over the past year, but none has hit the US embassy. Washington had blamed the Iran-linked Popular Mobilisation Units for similar attacks in the past.

The attack came nearly 24 hours after Tehran launched ballistic missiles at Iraqi bases housing American and other coalition forces, which did not cause casualties.

The strikes were in retaliation for a US drone strike that killed top Iranian general Qasem Soleimani and Iraqi commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis last week.

  • There are no casualties from the rocket attack, the Iraqi military has added.
  • Three katyusha rockets have struck Baghdad’s green zone, according to security sources in the region.
  • Two loud blasts followed by sirens were heard on Wednesday night in the Iraqi capital, witnesses said.
  • The fire was concentrated in the international area of the city where the US embassy among other buildings is located.
  • Reuters cites the Iraqi military as confirming that two Katyusha rockets have fallen inside the green zone.
  • The projectiles are a Second World War-era Soviet invention, mounted in a rack on a truck or carried one-by-one in man-portable launchers.

Satellite images of Iraq missile strike released as Trump backs away from further military action and says he wants to work alongside Tehran.

More to follow…

Middle East

Saudi Arabia intercepts missiles above capital

On Friday, the Saudi-led coalition announced the interception of drones towards border cities Abha and Khamis Mushait.

Published

on

By

breaking

Riyadh, March 29 : Saudi Arabia has intercepted missiles above the capital of Riyadh, Al Arabia TV reported on Saturday.

The report said at least two missiles have been intercepted above the city while another one was destroyed over the southern border city of Jazan, reported Xinhua news agency.

On Friday, the Saudi-led coalition announced the interception of drones towards border cities Abha and Khamis Mushait.

Various areas in the kingdom, mainly in the southern border with Yemen, have been the targets of missiles and drones of Houthi militias. Most of them were destroyed before reaching their goals.

Continue Reading

Disaster

Coronavirus cases in Kuwait rise to 195

In addition, six patients are being treated in ICU, and a total of 717 cases have completed the quarantine period, he added.

Published

on

coronavirus test

Kuwait City, March 25 : Kuwait reported four new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 195, the Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.

At a daily briefing, the ministry’s spokesman Abdullah Al-Sanad said that two cases are a Kuwaiti woman who has recently returned from Britain and a Kuwaiti man who has recently arrived back from Saudi Arabia, Xinhua news agency reported.

The other two cases are two expats from the Philippines and Somalia, he said.

In addition, six patients are being treated in ICU, and a total of 717 cases have completed the quarantine period, he added.

Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced on Wednesday that four more COVID-19 patients have recovered from the infection, bringing the total number of those overcoming the disease to 43.

The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.

Continue Reading

Middle East

Coronavirus cases in Kuwait rise to 142

Published

on

By

Corona covid 19 lab test

Kuwait City, March 18 : Kuwait has reported 12 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 142, the Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.

At a press conference, the Ministry’s spokesman Abdullah Al-Sanad said that out of the 142 in total, 15 cases have recovered and 127 are still receiving treatment.

On March 11, Kuwait decided to suspend all commercial flights to curb the spread of COVID-19. The decision took effect on March 13.

The government also decided to close shops, malls, and barbershops.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular