Farmers are protesting at the Singhu border continue to protest for the 15th consecutive day today. Addressing the press at the Singhu border, they said the government has refused to roll back the laws despite their insistence in the past six rounds of meeting. This has compelled them to escalate their protest, the leaders of the agitation said.
“We will block Delhi-Jaipur and Delhi-Agra highways on 12th December,” they said, adding that payments would not be made at toll plazas and all products of Adani and Reliance will be boycotted. “We will boycott Jio SIMs as well,” they added.
Following the development, Twitter today is dominated by tweets under the hashtag ‘#BoycottJio”. Netizens have showered their love and support to the farmers. The microblogging site is swamped with hilarious memes following the trend #BoycottJio.
Terms of the nationwide protest:
- Boycotting Jio products at a national level
- Protests at district headquarters of BJP across the country on December 14
- Adani and Ambani projects, malls, and toll plazas will also be targeted with protests and made free for travellers
- Toll plazas will be made free for everyone on December 12
- Delhi’s neighbouring states like Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh will also protest on December 14 under the slogan of ‘Delhi Chalo’ to surround the national capital
- Farmers in other parts of the country South India and the North-East will continue to protest after December 14.