People celebrate various occasions all around the world. Here are the list of top ten festivals that are celebrated amazingly.
1. Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.The biggest celebration in the world is held before Lent. The samba dancers prepare all year long: the technique, performance, costumes, decorations – everything has to be perfect and bigger than their competitors’.
2. Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany.Held since 1810 the festival has become an important part of Bavarian culture. Originally it was started as the commemoration of Prince Ludwig’s wedding but later it turned into the biggest beer celebration in the world.
3. Chinese New Year, China.A very important holiday in Chinese culture. The date changes approximately between middle January to middle February. People celebrate loudly, they dance and play, use plenty of costumes and fireworks.
4. Saint Patrick’s Day, Ireland.
This is celebrated to commemorate Christianity’s arrival to Ireland. Irish communities in USA, especially Boston, Chicago and other European countries also celebrate it. Green dyed rivers define the fest.
8. La Tomatina, Buñol, Spain.The celebration attracts many locals as well as tourists in this celebration people throw tomatoes on each other just for fun! The city becomes entirely covered with tomato paste.
9. Burning Man Festival, Blackrock Desert, Nevada, USA.This was started as a bonfire ritual on the summer solstice in 1986,then it was turned into an amazing, extravagant art fest. In the end a 72ft wooden man is set on fire.
10. Holi, India.It is a Hindu festival, celebrated in spring, now it attracts other communities as well. To commemorate a new season and good harvests people throw colorful powder and celebrate wildly.