Three men were electrocuted during a party at a restaurant in west Delhi

electrical shock hazard

New Delhi: Three men were electrocuted during a party at a restaurant in west Delhi’s Sagarpur. While two of them are in a critical condition with over 60% burns, the one who tried to save them has suffered minor injuries.

The youths, Ankit, Rinku, Nitish and Ravinder, work in a private company and live in Mahavir Enclave in Dabri. They went to the restaurant around 9pm to celebrate Nitish’s birthday. An hour later, they went to the terrace to have liquor. Around 10.30pm, when all of them were allegedly drunk, Ankit and Rinku came in contact with a wire dangling loose on the terrace.

“The two youths suffered critical burn injuries on the hand, neck and shoulder. Nitish, who was talking on the phone, saw them and rushed to help. He got a severe electric shock after coming in contact with his friends. Ravinder then raised an alarm calling for help. We also found alcohol spilled on the terrace,” said a senior police officer.

The family members of the victims were informed about the incident. Police on Sunday said the youths are out of danger.

A case under Indian Penal Code sections 336 and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) has been registered against the owner of the restaurant, Vijay. Police have called him in for questioning.

 

wefornews bureau

 

 

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts