There will be more packages for Atmanirbhar Bharat: BJP MP | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs There will be more packages for Atmanirbhar Bharat: BJP MP – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

There will be more packages for Atmanirbhar Bharat: BJP MP

Published

on

Rajeev Chandrashekhar,

Thiruvananthapuram, May 31 : BJP MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar on Sunday said that there will be more packages from the Centre for Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhyan.

Chandrashekhar, who is also the vice-chairman of the BJP-led NDA in Kerala, said this while speaking at a Webinar organized jointly by the Centre for Policy and Development Studies and the Kerala unit of Swadeshi Jagaran Manch.

Chandrashekhar said that this is a challenge as well as opportunity for the people to develop their productivity and output.

“Our Prime Minister had inherited an economy which was in total mess in 2014 and had taken almost four years to bring it to a somewhat better position. But now the Covid pandemic has created total destruction to the global economy and India is no exception,” said the BJP leader.

The senior BJP leader said that the MSMEs and other sectors should make use of the packages announced by the government.

“The manner in which business will develop in the future has to be contemplated. It will be totally different from what the society is used to. International investment and business will come to the country only after a proper environment of conducting business is developed and the PM is working hard to provide such a conducive environment for doing business,” said Chandrashekhar.

He also cautioned that different sectors are affected in different ways by the Covid pandemic and added that the hospitality and airline sector will never be like what it used to be before the Covid days, at least for a year.

He also opined that the Kerala model of development is not sustainable and added that only a resilient society can survive such times and added that Kerala’s dependence on deposits should have to change for a resilient economy.

Cities

Delhi’s coronavirus cases cross one lakh mark

Earlier on Monday, an order was issued for all health care facilities to carry out compulsory rapid antigen detection testing of all individuals of high risk groups who visit their facility.

Published

on

By

Arvind Kejriwal Delhi

New Delhi, July 6 : With 1,379 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, the national capital on Monday surpassed the one lakh mark of patients to reach 1,00,823. There were 48 more deaths in this period.

The silver lining, however, is the recovery rate, which has exceeded 70 per cent. According to Delhi government”s daily bulletin, as many as 749 patients recovered in the last 24 hours.

Till now, 72,088 people have recovered, 25,620 are active cases and 3,115 patients have succumbed to the deadly disease. This means that the city has a case fatality rate of 3 per cent.

Testing numbers in the city have gone up since the commencement of rapid antigen tests last month. Over 5,327 RT-PCR and 8,552 rapid antigen Covid-19 tests were conducted on Monday.

In total, 6,57,383 tests have been conducted so far in the national capital. Delhi has a total of 455 containment zones.

Currently, 5,250 beds are occupied in the hospitals out of a total capacity of 15,301 beds, 1,714 in the dedicated Covid Care Centres out of 7,869 and 136 beds in the dedicated Covid Health Centres as against the availability of 544 total beds. Over 17,141 people are under home isolation.

Earlier on Monday, an order was issued for all health care facilities to carry out compulsory rapid antigen detection testing of all individuals of high risk groups who visit their facility.

Lt Governor Anil Baijal also chaired a meeting of Delhi Disaster Management Authority to review the Covid-19 situation in the city.

Continue Reading

Cities

Bengal CM launches indigenous ‘Self-Scan’ app

Banerjee said that the new app would help people to scan important documents and nothing will be saved on its server.

Published

on

By

Mamata Banerjee

Kolkata, July 6 : West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday launched an indigenously developed mobile application ”Self-Scan” to help people scan important documents and keep them stored on their mobile phones.

The application was developed by the state”s Information Technology Department amidst a call to boycott all Chinese goods in India. It comes in the wake of Centre”s ban on 59 Chinese mobile applications, including TikTok.

“It reflects patriotism. I would always want to use an app prepared in my country,” the CM said, reiterating that “what Bengal thinks today, the whole world thinks tomorrow”.

Banerjee said that the new app would help people to scan important documents and nothing will be saved on its server.

Besides this, she also announced that Beleghata ID Hospital would be upgraded to a centre of excellence for its outstanding work during the Covid-19 crisis. Kolkata Medical College and Hospital”s haematology section will also have a plasma bank soon.

She said that the state government has taken a project worth Rs 58 crore, namely Jal Swapno, to supply safe drinking water in the rural belts of Bengal over the next five years. “This scheme will benefit about 2 crore people across the state,” she said.

Talking about the Cyclone Amphan relief package, Banerjee said the relief funds were disbursed quite fast, though there were some reports of irregularities.

“We have taken note and are looking into the matter. Let us not do politics over this. We must serve the people who are in real crisis,” she added.

Continue Reading

Cities

Supreme Court declines to interfere with Uttarakhand HC order on school fees

It also noted that children who do not participate in the online course, should not be asked to pay the tuition fee.

Published

on

Supreme Court of India

New Delhi, July 6 : The Supreme Court on Monday declined to interfere with an order of Uttarakhand High Court, which noted students of unaided private schools cannot be compelled to pay fees during the period of nationwide lockdown to contain the outbreak of Covid-19.

The schools have moved the top court challenging this order.

A bench headed by Chief Justice S.A. Bobde said they are not keen to entertain the matter at this stage and asked counsel representing a large number of schools to challenge the orders issued by the state government.

The appeal challenging the High Court order was filed by the Principals Progressive Schools Association and St. Jude’s, Dehradun.

The High Court had observed that the students, who make use of online course rolled out by the private educational institutions, should be required to pay the tuition fee, if they choose to do so.

It also noted that children who do not participate in the online course, should not be asked to pay the tuition fee.

Advocate Zoheb Hussain, representing the schools, argued that schools imparting education through online means should not be restrained from charging fees, and asked the court to take into account the expenses involved in online education. He informed the court that attendance was 100 per cent in online classes, but only 10 per cent students were paying the fees.

The state government order said that private schools, which have rolled out online classes or other communication modes, during the lockdown, will be allowed to charge only the tuition fee. The order also said that a student cannot be removed if he or she does not pay the fee.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular