Connect with us

India

Terrorist spotted at Sabzar’s funeral surrenders before Handwara police

Published

on

Danish-wefornews-min

New Delhi, June 7, 2017: A suspected terrorist Danish Ahmed, who was seen attending the funeral of Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Sabzar Bhat’s funeral in Tral, surrendered before Handwara police on Wednesday.

Issuing a statement, police said that a few days back local media persons during Sabzar’s funeral captured video clips of an unidentified militant wearing battle pouch with a grenade, were in circulation on social media.

Police said the militant was identified as Danish Ahmed S/O Faooq Ahmed R/O Kulangam, Handwara. Danish was a student of B.Sc (third year) at Doon P.G. College of Agriculture Science and Technology, Dehradun.

Danish according to police was found involved in stone-pelting incidents at Handwara in 2016. He was picked up by the police but was let off after counselling in view of his career, a police statement said.

According to police once it was learnt that Danish has joined militancy, Handwara police and 21 RR got into touch with his parents and impressed upon them to counsel their son for surrender.

“His parents were convinced that if he surrenders, he would be dealt with fairly under the law. Efforts made by security forces yielded results and Danish surrendered before Handwara police and 21 RR army,” the police statement said.

On being questioned, police added Danish revealed that he was in touch with militants of South Kashmir region on social media sites, and it was on their instigation that he had decided to become a militant.

He was tasked by Hizbul Mujahideen commanders to “activate” some local youth in North Kashmir and make the region as militancy infested as the southern part of Kashmir, the police statement said. However, after spending a few days with the militants in South Kashmir, Danish according to police realized “the futility of joining militant ranks”.

Wefornews Bureau

India

Former UP CM ND Tiwari shifted to ICU, next 72 hours ‘extremely crucial’

Tiwari was admitted to the Max Super Speciality Hospital after he suffered a massive brain-stroke in September last year.

Published

on

ND Tiwari

NEW DELHI: Former Uttar Pradesh CM and senior Congress leader ND Tiwari was on Monday moved to the intensive care unit (ICU) of a private hospital here after his condition became “critical” due to fever and blood pressure dropping to a “dangerously low level”, his aide said.

The doctors attending to him at Max Super Speciality Hospital have said that the next 48 to 72 hours would be “extremely crucial” for the 92-year-old politician, he added.

Around 12 noon, Tiwari contracted fever due to an infection and his heart rate became irregular with blood-pressure dropping to “dangerously low levels”, the aide said.

“He was immediately rushed to the ICU in a critical condition,” he added.

The team of doctors led by Dr J D Mukherjee (Neurologist) and Dr Sumit Sethi (Cardiologist) are looking after Tiwari.

“The doctors told his son Rohit Shekhar Tiwari that the next 48 to 72 hours will be extremely crucial for Tiwari,” the aide said.

Tiwari was admitted to the Max Super Speciality Hospital after he suffered a massive brain-stroke in September last year.

In November, he was shifted out of the ICU as his condition showed improvement.

Continue Reading

India

ED searches 39 locations, seizes Rs 5716 crore assets

Published

on

Mumbai, Feb 19: Expanding its money laundering probe into the 11,400-crore Punjab National Bank fraud case, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Monday carried out searches at 39 places across the country and said assets worth Rs 5716 Crore have been seized in the raids till now. 

We will find out how the money laundering took place. As it is in the foreign jurisdiction it will take time to investigate, news agency ANI quoted citing ED Source was saying.

“There has been no response on the summons sent to Nirav Modi or the other accused so far. It is also being investigated as to why Gokulnath Shetty wasn’t promoted in all these years. First LoU was issued in March 2011 & was rolled over”, it added.

Earlier in a day, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sealed Punjab National Bank’s Brady Road branch after conducting search operations in connection with Rs 11,400 crore fraud case involving diamantaire Nirav Modi.

The probe agency posted an official notice outside the branch in Fort — the bank’s flagship lending window in Mumbai and its second largest national outlet.

All have been restricted from opening or entering inside this branch without prior permission of the CBI or the CBI Special Court or the CBI Competent Authority.

In the meantime, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Monday conducted searches at over 40 more locations in several cities across India in connection with the multi-crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) scam.

The agency raided 10 places in Mumbai, six each in Ahmedabad and Bengaluru, four in Chennai, three in Surat, two each in Bihar, Lucknow, Jalandhar and Hyderabad and one in Delhi.

The raids are also being carried out at diamond merchant Nirav Modi’s house in Mumbai’s Worli.

Meanwhile, the Central Vigilance Commission issued an advisory to all public sector banks to transfer all officers who have completed 3 years as on 31st Dec 2017. It also stated that transfer of all clerical staff who have completed 5 years as on 31st Dec 2017 should be done immediately.

On Sunday, the probe agency had questioned 11 bank officials as well as Vipul Ambani, the Chief Financing Officer of Modi’s Firestar International company.

So far, the CBI arrested three PNB officials – Gokulnath Shetty, Manoj Kharat and Hemant Bhat. They are under police custody till March 3.

Apart from this, the CBI earlier named 10 other directors and officials as accused in the scam which has created a countrywide furore.

They are: Krishnan Sangameshwaran, Nazura Yashjaney, Gopal Das Bhatia, Aniyath Shivraman, Dhanesh Vrajlal Sheth, Jyoti Bharat Vora, Anil Umesh Haldipur, Chandrakant Kanu Karkare, Pankhuri Abhijeet Varange and Mihir Bhaskar Joshi.

More than Rs 11,400 crore was siphoned by using the LoU method. Bank officials and celebrity jeweller Nirav Modi and his accomplices are allegedly involved in the fraud.

WeForNews 

Continue Reading

India

Explain how scam took place despite regulations; CVC asks PNB, Finance Ministry to submit report in 10 days

Published

on

New Delhi, Feb 19: The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) on Monday asked the Punjab National Bank and Finance Ministry to submit a report on how the scam took place despite monetary regulations being in place within 10 days. 

Officials of PNB, RBI and Dept of Financial Services gave a presentation of 2 hours to Central Vigilance Commission about the case.

Apart from this, the CVC has asked for names of officials who were involved & sought identification of officials who could have taken action and prevented it.

After meeting with PNB and Finance Ministry officials Central Vigilance Commission also had a meeting with CBI officials. The probe agency officials told CVC that it was a system failure at multiple levels.

WeForNews 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular