New Delhi, June 9: An Indian hailing from Telangana who was shot at in California earlier this week is now out of danger, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj informed.
“I have received the report from our Consulate in San Francisco,” Sushma Swaraj tweeted late on Thursday night.
“The victim Mubeen Ahmed works at a gas station. A gunman demanded money from Mubeen and then fired at him,” she said.
He is admitted in the Eden Medical Centre CA. Fortunately Mubeen is now out of danger. We are following up the case with the police./3
— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) June 8, 2017
Mubeen Ahmed, 26, who hails from Sangareddy district in Telangana, was on June 4 shot twice in the stomach at the place in California where he works, though his family was informed about this only on Thursday.
He family said that some men went to his workplace posing as customers and got into an argument with Mubeen before firing at him.
An injured Mubeen was admitted to the California hospital, where he underwent surgery. His relatives from Chicago were attending on him at the hospital.