Hyderabad, Sep 2 : The Telangana cabinet chaired by Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao in Hyderabad on Sunday took no decision on the dissolution of the State Assembly to make way for early polls rather Chief Minister sops were announced for different sections of people including salary hike for contract doctors and Aasha workers .
After an hour-long meeting at the Pragati Bhavan, official residence of the Chief Minister, Finance Minister Etela Rajender along with a few other ministers briefed the reporters.
Telangana Finance Minister said, “Have decided to sanction Rs 70 crore and 70 acres for construction of ‘self-respect’ buildings for people from different castes. Honorarium for Gopal Mitras(Artificial Insem.”: Etela Rajender,Telangana Finance Minister after cabinet meet
Senior ministers Etela Rajender and Harish Rao announced the decisions taken during the meet, but made no announcement about whether the state will opt for early Assembly polls or not.
1. Telangana cabinet ratifies earlier decision to enhance archakas retirement age to 65 years.
2. Hike in salaries for contract doctors from Rs 36,000 to Rs 40,000 per month.
3. Honorarium hike for Aasha workers from Rs 6,000 to Rs 7,500.
4. Cabinet approves the allotment of five more acres for Reddy Hostel in Hyderabad
5. Honorarium for Gopal Mitras hiked from Rs 3,500 to Rs 8,500.
6. Govt sanctions Rs 70 crore and 70 acres for construction of ‘self-respect’ buildings for different castes
7. 71 acres of land allotted to 50 percent of backward classes communities.
8. Another five acres of land allotted to Reddy’s Hostel building
9. Salaries hiked for 9,000 employees in Health department.
Asked whether the issue of Assembly dissolution was also discussed, Deputy Chief Minister Kadiam Srihari said they briefed the media on the decisions taken as per the agenda of the meeting. “There will be another cabinet meeting soon to take more decisions.”
Earlier, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders had said that the cabinet will take some key decisions and the same will be announced by the party chief later in the day at a public meeting titled ‘Pragathi Nivedana Sabha’, being held on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Rao has already dropped strong hints that he wants to go for early polls. He is likely to take a decision later this week.