Taapsee Pannu complains about high electricity bill during lockdown | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Taapsee Pannu complains about high electricity bill during lockdown – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Taapsee Pannu complains about high electricity bill during lockdown

Along with it, she attached the pictures of the electricity bills, showing how she was chargedA Rs 36,000 for the month of June.

Published

on

Taapsee Pannu

Mumbai, June 28 : Actress Taapsee Pannu is quite shocked to receive a huge amount of bill for electricity usage during the lockdown.

Taking to Twitter, Taapsee on Sunday called out the electricity provider for “insane rise” in the bill .

“3 months of lockdown and I wonder what appliance(s) I have newly used or bought in the apartment only last month to have such an insane rise in my electricity bill @Adani_Elec_Mum. What kind of POWER are you charging us for,” Taapsee questioned.

Along with it, she attached the pictures of the electricity bills, showing how she was chargedA Rs 36,000 for the month of June.

Whereas, the bill for the month of April was Rs 4,390 and May was Rs 3,850 only.

Not only this, she also spoke about receiving huge electricity bill for another house where “no one stays”.

“And this one is for an apartment where no one stays and it”s only visited once in a week for cleaning purpose @Adani_Elec_Mum.

“I am now worried if someone is actually using the apartment without our knowledge and you have helped us uncover the reality,” Taapsee quipped.

Entertainment

Film on girl who cycled from Gurugam to Bihar during COVID-19 lockdown lands in controversy

Published

on

jyoti kumari cycling

A controversy erupted on Friday over the rights of a film on Jyoti Kumari, a 15-year-old girl who cycled from Gurugam to Darbhanga in Bihar during the coronavirus lockdown, after filmmaker Vinod Kapri claimed he has already made an advance payment for the rights over a month ago. Film production venture Wemakefilmz on Friday said it has legally acquired the exclusive motion picture rights for the story.

On Tuesday, PTI reported that four friends, united by passion for films and documentaries, had bagged the rights for the life story of Jyoti. Jyoti will be the protagonist and the project is to set go on floors from August, Shine Krishna, who will be directing the film, had said.

Miraj and Fairoz, working in the Middle East, along with Krishna and Sajith V Nambiar have acquired the rights for the film. They are partners at Wemakefilmz, a nearly two-decade old venture set up by Krishna.

Regarding Kapri’s claim, Krishna said the former’s agreement does not have legal value. Earlier in the day, Kapri tweeted that as per an agreement on May 27, the rights of the film is with Bhagirathi Films Pvt Ltd (BFPL) and no one else can make the movie.

In response to a tweet by acclaimed actor Sanjay Mishra about the film, Kapri tweeted that someone had given Mishra wrong information or misguided him.

Kapri also tagged a video which showed signing of the agreement and a statement to that effect by Mohan Paswan, the girl’s father. In his tweet, Mishra said his participation in the film as the father was how the film fraternity contributes to the society.

Tagging Shine Krishna and Sujit Nambiar, Mishra said the team will bring to the fore the eight days in the life of Jyoti who pedalled more than 1,000 kilometres with father sitting on the back seat of a cycle.

In a statement, Kapri’s BFPL said it signed an agreement with the girl’s father Mohan Paswan on May 27 and 20 per cent of the amount was paid into a bank account, while the remaining 80 per cent was to be paid upon commencement of work.

“Today, we came to know about the new agreement, which is illegal and a breach of contract with Bhagirathi Films. We request Mohan to cancel this new contract and put an end to the dispute. If the new contract goes into force neither Kapri nor Mohan will be able to make a film,” the statement claimed.

The statement was issued by Mahendra, an associate director with BFPL.

Krishna said Wemakefilmz has legally acquired the exclusive motion picture rights on Jyoti Kumari and family.

“Before signing the life story rights option agreement, we have crossed checked the agreement which has been signed through somebody by Kapri… he was not physically present there and there was no sign of Jyoti or her mother. So that one agreement will not have any legal value,” he said in a statement issued on behalf of Wemakefilmz.

Wemakefilmz exclusively holds the life story rights of Jyoti Kumai and family. The agreement has been signed, notarised and registered by the production house’s partners — Krishna, Sajith V Nambiar, Mohammed Miraj Chathoth and Fairoz Chirammal. In the statement, BFPL said nearly a month after signing a contract for a film, web series and documentary with it, Mohan Paswan has entered into a new contract with Krishna.

The struggle for Jyoti’s family began in January when her father, an e-rickshaw driver in Gurugram, was injured. She then came to Gurugram in Haryana. With no means to earn a livelihood, things turned difficult and Paswan’s landlord gave him an ultimatum to either pay the rent that was due for a few months, or leave amid the lockdown.

At that time, it was Jyoti’s idea to cycle all the way — almost 1,200 kilometres — to their village in Darbhanga.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Now Sushant’s father demands CBI inquiry into his death

Sushant Singh, a resident of Patna, allegedly committed suicide on June 14 at his flat in Bandra, Mumbai. Since then, various social and political organizations have been demanding a CBI inquiry into his death.

Published

on

By

Sushant Singh Rajput

Patna, July 4 : There is a growing demand for a CBI inquiry into the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who allegedly committed suicide at his Mumbai residence on June 14.

A Twitter account of Sushant”s father K.K. Singh has surfaced, through which he is demanding justice for his son. He has asked for a probe by the CBI.

Sushant”s father K.K. Singh on his Twitter handle wrote, “Today my son Sushant”s soul is crying and is demanding an investigation by the CBI.”

In another tweet he wrote, “My son Sushant Singh Rajput was very brave. I know he can never commit suicide. An attempt is being made to prove his death as suicide though it is a murder. I request for a CBI inquiry into the entire matter.”

Reactions are pouring in on his Twitter handle after Singh”s tweets.

Sushant Singh, a resident of Patna, allegedly committed suicide on June 14 at his flat in Bandra, Mumbai. Since then, various social and political organizations have been demanding a CBI inquiry into his death.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Break The Silence For Sushant trends as fans allege foul play in actor’s death

Several fans of the actor have also called for the boycotting of films featuring star kids over the past couple of weeks.

Published

on

By

Sushant Singh Rajput No More

Mumbai, July 3 : The hashtag #BreakTheSilenceForSushant has been trending on Twitter throughout Friday, as fans of the deceased actor believe his death did not happen by suicide.

Even though Sushant Singh Rajput”s postmortem report states his death was a “clear case of suicide”, fans do not seem convinced. They are also requesting for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the actor”s death.

“#BreakTheSilenceForSushant We need to know the reason behind his death.. We need cbi enquiry,” tweeted a user.

“To this edge who is behind this crime is influential and important, since they did not listen to all this pressure, their lack of response assures us that it is a planned crime, and we will not silent until justice is done for him. #BreakTheSilenceForSushant #CBIMustForSushant,” tweeted another user.

“Raise your Voice Guys As much as you can for Justice for #SushantSinghRajpoot. He is murdered very Brutally by his own trustworthy Friends,” alleged another user.

BreakTheSilenceForSushant. We are United here for him Because he suffered a lot, Raise Your Voice RIGHT NOW, Before Someone becomes another Victim. WE REALLY WANT JUSTICE NOT POLITICS ANYMORE… #BreakTheSilenceForSushant,” urged another user.

Several fans of the actor have also called for the boycotting of films featuring star kids over the past couple of weeks.

“Let”s all take a pledge that we will not watch nepotism and star kid movies any more. With this we will give justice to Sushant Singh Rajput. #BreakTheSilenceForSushant. No one will stop the voice of justice for Sushant untill convincing justice not given,” tweeted a fan.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular