Sushma assures action in ‘gangrape’ of US woman

sushma-wefornews
File Photo

New Delhi, Dec 3, 2016: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday assured that those who are guilty in an alleged gang rape of a US woman in March this year at a luxury hotel here won’t be spared.

She also asked Delhi Police to register a case.

However, a case was yet to be registered even as the woman had, in an email written to Delhi Police, said that she was raped by five men at a Connaught Place five-star hotel during her visit to India.

Taking cognizance of media reports about the alleged rape, Sushma Swaraj in a series of tweets said:

She said:

She said she told Jung that:

Sushma Swaraj added:

Delhi Police had earlier received an e-mail complaint from the woman about the alleged gangrape.

The woman has said she had hired a tourist guide who, she alleged, was one of the rapists.

Police sources told media that they were investigating the allegations and have questioned some employees of the hotel. “A case will be registered soon on the basis of the victim’s statement,” a police officer said.

Wefornews Bureau

Total
1
Shares
Related Posts