New Delhi, Sep 7: Many people worried about their weight, that they are eating less but not losing weight. A few others say they are exercising but not losing weight on scales.
Take a closer look at it and find the reasons.
Walia Murshida Huda, Senior Wellness Consultant at Healthians and Angeli Misra, co-founder of Lifeline Laboratory, shared possible reasons why you are not losing weight.
* Lacks a healthy mix: Weight loss diet must be limiting with calorie rich foods.
* Stop eating more after workout: Some feel hungrier after workout otherwise consume more calories than losing.
* Hypothyroidism: People who have sluggish thyroid or hypothyroidism do not lose weight easily.
* PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease): Body increases in weight due to hormonal imbalance.
* Stress: People who are stressed find it difficult to lose weight due to the increased secretion of stress hormone cortisol.
* Sitting more and moving less at work: Exercising regularly is good, but being physically inactive for long hours may also affect the weight loss regime.
* High blood sugar levels: High blood sugar levels can affect your weight loss regime.
* Alcohol – Drinking alcohol in excess causes problems in weight loss. One reason is that alcohol itself adds to the calorie intake.
* Some medications: Some anti- depressants and anti-allergic can cause problems in losing weight.