Sprinter Dutee Chand wants to join politics | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Sprinter Dutee Chand wants to join politics – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Politics

Sprinter Dutee Chand wants to join politics

Earlier this year, Dutee openly announced that she was in a same-sex relationship.

Published

on

Bhubaneswar, Sep 23 : Ace sprinter Dutee Chand has expressed her interest to enter the political fray after finishing her athletic career.

“I have always wanted to join politics since childhood. My family has also been involved in grassroots politics, with my mother being the SARPANCH of our village,” Dutee tweeted on Monday.

Dutee, however, said there is no plan to join politics as of now and she will wait till the completion of her career as an athlete.

“Now, I am focusing on my sprinting career. There is no plan to join politics now,” said India’s fastest woman.

Earlier this year, Dutee openly announced that she was in a same-sex relationship.

The 23-year-old athlete, who holds the national record in the women’s 100 metres event, is preparing for the World Championships scheduled to begin on September 27 in Doha.

Entertainment

Sushant case: Shiv Sena slams BJP for ‘maligning’ Thackerays

“They dragged the investigations. Calling film personalities regularly fuelled gossip and it must be ascertained if this was an attempt to terrorise Bollywood,” said Raut.

Published

on

Sanjay Raut

Mumbai, Aug 9 : Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut on Sunday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for “politicising” the Sushant Singh Rajput case by linking a state minister for alleged political gains.

In a strongly worded column in party newspaper ‘Saamana’, Raut claimed that this was a conspiracy of the BJP with the help of a section of the media to malign the Maharashtra government under Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.

“One TV channel uses derogatory, defamatory, and threatening language against the CM. This has distressed many, including Nationalist Congress Party President Sharad Pawar. A section of the media has the support of the opposition party which seeks to destablise the government. Pawar asked me what action the government has initiated over the disrespect meted to Thackeray who holds a Constitutional post,” Raut said.

He suspected that the entire matter was scripted in advance, with the opposition linking Tourism Minister Aditya Thackeray to the case only because he shared cordial relations with several Bollywood personalities, and dubbed it a “conspiracy against the Maharashtra government”.

Targetting the Bihar Police, Raut said it has unnecessarily jumped into this case, especially since nobody stood behind Sushant Singh Rajput during his struggling days, and whatever the actor achieved was due to Mumbai.

“Sushant and his father Krishna Kishore Singh did not enjoy cordial relations, as he was upset by the latter’s (father’s) decision to remarry. He was instigated to lodge the FIR with Bihar Police, which came to Mumbai to investigate an incident which occurred here. Bihar Police is not some ‘Interpol’. This is not acceptable,” Raut declared.

Slamming Bihar Director General of Police Gupteshwar Pandey, the Sena leader said that he has been breaking service rules by taking part in TV debates, commenting on Mumbai Police, and other objectionable actions.

“Who is this Pandey? In 2009, he had quit the police service to contest as a BJP candidate from Buxar, but after the then party candidate threatened rebellion, Pandey withdrew — his situation became ‘na ghar ka, na ghat ka’, with his political mission failing,” said Raut.

Later, he pointed out, Pandey pleaded to rejoin service, with his wife reportedly appealing that when he quit the police force, he was not mentally stable.

“If such a ‘mentally unstable’ person is still taken back on duty, that’s Bihar government’s problem. But today, he is among the closest to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, and now media reports suggest he will contest the Assembly elections on a JD-U ticket,” Raut alleged.

Raut said given the high-profile matter, the Mumbai Police should have briefed the media on the probe’s progress every alternate day and made it clear it would investigate if any minister’s or politician’s name cropped up.

“They dragged the investigations. Calling film personalities regularly fuelled gossip and it must be ascertained if this was an attempt to terrorise Bollywood,” said Raut.

Continue Reading

Cities

Mukhtar Ansari’s aide, accomplice shot dead by STF in Lucknow

Police was continuously trying to track him down for the past many months, the IG said.

Published

on

By

BSP MLA Mukhtar Ansari

Lucknow, Aug 9 : A dreaded shooter, said to be a close aide of mafia don turned politician Mukhtar Ansari, was gunned down along with an accomplice by a team of Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on the outskirts of Lucknow on Sunday morning.

Officials said that shooter Rakesh Pandey aka Hanuman Pandey carried a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head.

STF IG Amitabh Yash said Pandey was gunned down in retaliatory firing when the STF team tried to arrest him after he went to an area falling in Sarojini Nagar police station limits to meet one of his accomplices.

Police said Pandey was involved in a number of murders and shootouts carried out by the Ansari’s gang in the past 23 years. He was also accused of hatching a conspiracy to kill BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai, who was shot dead in 2005.

Pandey was, however, acquitted after a trial in a subordinate court.

The police officer said Pandey had at least 10 criminal cases registered against him between 1993 and 2010. He said the criminal was untraceable for the last 10 years or so.

Police was continuously trying to track him down for the past many months, the IG said.

Continue Reading

India

Rajnath promised a bang, but ended with whimper: Chidambaram

Chidambaram pointed out that the only importer of defence equipment in India is the Defence Ministry. “Any import embargo is really an embargo on oneself.”

Published

on

P Chidambaram

New Delhi, Aug 9 : After Defence Minister Rajnath Singh announced an import embargo on 101 defence items, senior Congress leader P. Chidambaram took a dig at him on Sunday and called his announcement a “whimper”.

“The Defence Minister promised a ‘bang’ on a Sunday morning and ended with a ‘whimper’!” Chidambaram said in a statement.

Earlier in the day, Rajnath said: “The Ministry of Defence is now ready for a big push to the Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative. The MoD will introduce an import embargo on 101 items beyond the given timeline to boost indigenisation of defence production.”

Chidambaram pointed out that the only importer of defence equipment in India is the Defence Ministry. “Any import embargo is really an embargo on oneself.”

“What the Defence Minister said in his historic Sunday announcement deserved only an office order from the minister to his secretaries!” he added.

The Congress leader also said that the ‘import embargo’ is “high-sounding jargon”.

“But what it means is we will try to make the same equipment (that we import today) in 2 to 4 years and stop imports thereafter!” the former Finance Minister said.

Rajnath on Sunday announced the ban on import of 101 items to make Indian defence industry self-reliant and boost indigenisation.

The list of 101 embargoed items comprises not just simple parts but also some high technology weapon systems like artillery guns, assault rifles, corvettes, sonar systems, transport aircraft, light combat helicopters, and radars.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.