South Korea's first Lady Kim Jung-sook to attend Diwali festivities in Ayodhya on Nov 6 | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs South Korea’s first Lady Kim Jung-sook to attend Diwali festivities in Ayodhya on Nov 6 – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

South Korea’s first Lady Kim Jung-sook to attend Diwali festivities in Ayodhya on Nov 6

Published

on

Lucknow, Nov 2 : First Lady of South Korea, Kim Jung-sook, will be visiting the temple town of Ayodhya on November 6, a state government spokesman said on Friday.

She, along with other dignitaries from South Korea, would be participating in a grand ‘Deepotsava’ organized by the ruling BJP government.

Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon, his Uttar Pradesh counterpart Ram Naik, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and many other Central ministers would also be present on the banks of the Saryu when a million earthen lamps will be lit to mark the ‘Choti Diwali’.

There would be processions and tableaus about Ramayana. A cultural fest will be organized in which local artists from Trinidad, Russia and Korea would take part, the spokesman said.

The dignitaries would inaugurate ‘Ram Bazaar’ at the Shilp Gram and view the sand art made by Sudarshan Patnaik from Odisha.

The First Lady will lay the foundation stone for the Queens Memorial along with the UP Chief Minister. The characters playing Lord Ram, Sita and Lakshman would then arrive in a chopper where after landing, the Chief Minister will welcome them with full rituals.

Hectic arrangements are under way in Ayodhya ahead of the high-profile visit and many buildings in the temple town have been lit up in red, purple and green.

Entertainment

Farmers Protest: Diljit Dosanjh slams Kangana Ranaut for her tweet against elderly Sikh woman

Kangana had earlier posted a picture on Twitter claiming that it was Bano who was being bribed with Rs 100 a day to participate in the ongoing farmers’ protest.

Published

on

Diljit Dosanjh

Actor-Singer Diljit Dosanjh slammed actor Kangana Ranaut for misidentifying an elderly Sikh woman during the farmers’ protest. While Kangana soon deleted her tweet, it did not go down well with several actors and the lady Mahinder Kaur herself. The actor, now also faces a legal notice for her Twitter fiasco.

Sharing a video interview of the elderly woman, whose name is Mahinder Kaur, Diljit tagged Kangana’s Twitter account, showing her the proof. “Respected MAHINDER KAUR JI Ah Sunn La Ni With Proof @KanganaTeam Banda Ena V Ni Anna Hona Chaida.. Kush v Boli Turi jandi aa ..(Listen to this proof, @KanganaTeam. One should not be this blind. She keeps says anything),” he wrote in his tweet.

Calling him Karan Johar’s lackey, Kangana tweeted in Hindi, “The same dadi who was protesting for her citizenship at Shaheen Bagh, Bilkis Bano, was also protesting with the farmers. I have no idea who Mahinder Kaur (sic) is, so stop creating unnecessary drama. Stop this right now.”

Diljit responded asking Kangana whether by her tweet she was implying that one becomes a sycophant to whomever they work with. “In that case, wouldn’t you have a long list of masters to answer to?” he tweeted.

“These people are not from Bollywood. They belong to Punjab. You can say whatever you like but we won’t be perturbed. You are well-versed in lying and manipulating people’s emotions,” he added.

Kangana had earlier posted a picture on Twitter claiming that it was Bano who was being bribed with Rs 100 a day to participate in the ongoing farmers’ protest. However, the woman in the photograph was 73-year-old Mohinder Kaur, a resident of Bathinda’s Bahadurgarh Jandian village. The tweet has since been deleted.

In response to this tweet, Diljit posted a clip of a BBC interview with Mohinder and tweeted in Punjabi: “Here’s your proof @KanganaTeam. Nobody should be so blind as to go around saying anything they like.”

Continue Reading

India

Supreme Court grants anticipatory bail to former Punjab DGP Saini in murder case

Bench asks him to surrender his passport, co-operate with probe and not to influence witnesses in the case

Published

on

By

Sumedh Singh Saini

New Delhi, December 3: The Supreme Court on Thursday granted anticipatory bail to former Punjab DGP Sumedh Singh Saini in the 1991 Balwant Singh Multani murder case.

A Bench headed by Justice Ashok Bhushan, however, asked Saini to surrender his passport, co-operate with the investigation and not to influence witnesses in the case.

If arrested, the former Punjab DGP would be released on bail on furnishing a personal bond of Rs 1 lakh with two sureties in the like amount, the top court said.

The Bench had reserved its verdict on November 17 after hearing arguments from senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi for Saini and senior advocate Siddharth Luthra, representing Punjab Government.

Even during the hearing the Bench had questioned the need for custody of the accused after 30 years of the crime observed that it was prima facie inclined to grant anticipatory bail.

Multani — a junior engineer with Chandigarh Industrial and Tourism Corporation — was allegedly picked up by the police in December 1991 after a terror attack on Saini that left three policemen killed. Saini was injured in the attack.

Saini’s troubles started in May when he was booked at a police station in Mohali along with six others for the alleged kidnapping of Multani in 1991. Murder charge was added in August after two of the accused policemen spill the beans.

The Punjab government had opposed Saini’s plea. Granting anticipatory bail to the accused at this stage would hamper the probe, Luthra had argued.

The Supreme Court had on September 15 granted interim protection from arrest to Saini and posted his plea for anticipatory bail for hearing after four weeks.

Earlier, the Punjab and Haryana High Court had on September 7 dismissed his anticipatory bail plea.

“This case is of 1991. After 30 years what is the hurry to arrest him… We will grant you time to file a reply,” the Bench had said, adding he will not be arrested till further orders.

However, the top court had asked Saini to co-operate with the Punjab Police in the investigation of the case.

Rohatgi had earlier contended that Punjab government was after Saini because he had filed two charge sheets in which current Chief Minister Capt Amarinder was an accused. “This is why they are after me,” he had submitted.

In a separate petition, Saini has also challenged a Punjab and Haryana High Court order dismissing his plea for quashing of the FIR in the case.

He is also facing trial in a Special CBI Court in Delhi along with three others for alleged abduction and disappearance of automobile businessman Vinod Kumar, his brother-in-law Ashok Kumar and their driver Mukhtiyar Singh in 1994.

Continue Reading

Business

RBI asks HDFC Bank to temporarily stop issuing new credit cards

Furthermore, the filing said that these measures shall be considered for lifting upon satisfactory compliance with the major critical observations as identified by the RBI.

Published

on

By

HDFC Bank

The Reserve Bank has asked HDFC Bank to temporarily stop all launches of the ‘Digital Business generating activities and sourcing of new credit card customers.

The RBI’s order dated December 2 comes after outages in the bank’s online facilities or payment utilities occurred over the past 2 years, including the recent incident in the internet banking and payment system on November 21, 2020 due to a power failure in the primary data centre.

In a regulatory filing, HDFC Bank on Thursday said: “The RBI vide said ‘Order’ has advised the Bank to temporarily stop i) all launches of the Digital Business generating activities planned under its program – Digital 2.0 (to be launched) and other proposed business generating IT applications and (ii) sourcing of new credit card customers. In addition, the Order states that the Bank’s Board examines the lapses and fixes accountability.”

Furthermore, the filing said that these measures shall be considered for lifting upon satisfactory compliance with the major critical observations as identified by the RBI.

“The Bank over the last two years has taken several measures to fortify its IT systems and will continue to work swiftly to close out the balance and would continue to engage with the Regulator in this regard.

“The Bank has always endeavoured to provide seamless digital banking services to its customers. The Bank has been taking conscious, concrete steps to remedy the recent outages on its digital banking channels and assures its customers that it expects the current supervisory actions will have no impact on its existing credit cards, digital banking channels and existing operations.”

In addition, the bank said these measures will not materially impact its overall business.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.