Sonali Bendre's emotional post on how she told son about Cancer | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Sonali Bendre’s emotional post on how she told son about Cancer – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Sonali Bendre’s emotional post on how she told son about Cancer

Published

on

sonali bendre son

New Delhi, July 19: Sonali Bendre is battling cancer in New York and her new found source of support is her 12-year-old son Ranveer.

The actor, who revealed a few days ago that she has been diagnosed with ‘high grade’ cancer that has metastised, shared a new post on Instagram in which we can see her with son and a shorter hairdo. Smiling into the camera, Sonali and her son Ranveer reveal how the family has “switched on the sunshine” at this difficult time. Sonali has also written in the post that her 12-year-old son has become her “source of strength”.

View this post on Instagram

From the moment he was born 12 years, 11 months and 8 days ago, my amazing @rockbehl took ownership of my heart. From then on, his happiness and wellbeing have been the centre of anything @goldiebehl and I ever did. And so, when the Big C reared its ugly head, our biggest dilemma was what and how we were going to tell him. As much as we wanted to protect him, we knew it was important to tell him the full facts. We’ve always been open and honest with him and this time it wasn’t going to be different. He took the news so maturely… and instantly became a source of strength and positivity for me. In some situations now, he even reverses roles and takes on being the parent, reminding me of things I need to do! I believe that it’s imperative to keep kids involved in a situation like this. They are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for. It’s important to spend time with them and include them, rather than make them wait on the side-lines, not being told yet instinctively knowing everything. In our effort to protect them from the pain and realities of life, we might end up doing the opposite. I’m spending time with Ranveer right now, while he’s on summer vacation. His madness and shenanigans help me #SwitchOnTheSunshine. And today, we derive strength from each other #OneDayAtATime

A post shared by Sonali Bendre (@iamsonalibendre) on

Sonali said that her son handled the news of “the Big C” with maturity. Sonali Bendre also said that instead of trying to protect Ranveer, she and husband Goldie Behl decided to be honest with him. “As much as we wanted to protect him, we knew it was important to tell him the full facts. We’ve always been open and honest with him and this time it wasn’t going to be different. He took the news so maturely… and instantly became a source of strength and positivity for me. In some situations now, he even reverses roles and takes on being the parent, reminding me of things I need to do!”

Earlier this month, the actress took to her social media to release a statement, revealing that she has recently been diagnosed with high-grade cancer.

A few days later, Sonali talked about the changes she has accepted because of the treatment and added: “The only thing I’m trying to be consistent about is maintaining a positive outlook.”

View this post on Instagram

In the words of my favourite author Isabel Allende, “We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome.” The outpouring of love I’ve received in the last few days has been so overwhelming… and I’m especially grateful to those of you who shared stories of your experiences in dealing with cancer, whether it was your own or of loved ones. Your stories have given me an extra dosage of strength and courage, and more importantly, the knowledge that I’m not alone. Each day comes with its own challenges and victories and so for now, I’m taking this #OneDayAtATime. The only thing I’m trying to be consistent about is maintaining a positive outlook… literally #SwitchOnTheSunshine – it’s my way of dealing with this. Sharing my journey is also part of this process… I can only hope it reminds you that all is not lost and that someone, somewhere understands what you’re going through. ?? Thank you @tomoarakawa for making this a chic transition from long to short!

A post shared by Sonali Bendre (@iamsonalibendre) on

Sonali is best known for her performances in Diljale, Sarfarosh, Zakhm, Duplicate, Hum Saath-Saath Hain among others.

She took a break from acting after marrying Goldie Behl in 2002.

WeForNews

Entertainment

NCB summons to Deepika, Shraddha, Sara in drugs-related case linked to SSR death

Bollywood actors Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor and Rakul Preeet Singh for questioning in a drug-related case

Published

on

By

Sara Rhea Rakul

Mumbai: In a major development, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Wednesday said that it has summoned Bollywood actors Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor and Rakul Preeet Singh for questioning in a drug-related case.

A senior NCB official related to the probe told IANS, “Summons have been issued to Deepika, Sara, Shraddha and Rakul for questioning. “Besides four Bollywood actors, the NCB has also summoned fashion designer Simone Khambatta.” However, the official did not share the date when these actors have been called for questioning.

The drug law enforcement agency has also summoned Deepika’s manager Karishma Prakash for questioning. The development comes in the wake of the investigation into a drug-related case linked to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

Sushant was found dead on June 14 at his Bandra flat.

The official said that the actors have been summoned after several alleged chats of them discussing drugs came to the fore during the investigation.

The NCB has registered a case on the request of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) after it found alleged drug chats between Sushant’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik, house manager Samuel Miranda.

Rhea, Showik, Miranda, Sushant’s personal staff Dipesh Sawant along with 16 other accused have been arrested by the NCB in the case so far.

Sara is the daughter of noted actor Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh, while Shradhha is the daughter of veteran actor Shakti Kapoor. Deepika is the daughter of the badminton icon Prakash Padukone and is married to Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh.

The official, however, denied that it has issued any summons to Dia Mirza. Earlier in the day, the NCB continued questioning Sushant’s talent manager Jaya Saha for the third consecutive day.

Besides Saha, the NCB is also questioning Madhu Mantena Varma, a noted producer, who gave blockbusters such as ‘Udta Punjab’ and ‘Ghajini’.

According to NCB sources, Varma is being confronted with Saha over alleged chats of them discussing drugs. NCB has also questioned Sushant’s former manager Shruti Modi on a number of occassions.

Besides the NCB, the CBI and the ED are also probing the death case of Sushant.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande shares her secret to happiness

Ankita, the former girlfriend of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, took to Instagram and shared a picture where she looks stunning in a white sari and is smiling at the camera.

Published

on

By

Ankita Lokhande

Mumbai: Actress Ankita Lokhande has shared her mantra to be happy. Ankita, the former girlfriend of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, took to Instagram and shared a picture where she looks stunning in a white sari and is smiling at the camera.

“How to be happy! Decide every morning that you are in a good mood,” she captioned the image.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Payal Ghosh files FIR against Anurag Kashyap for rape, wrongful restrain, other charges

Published

on

Anurag Kashyap

Mumbai, Sep 23 : Actress Payal Ghosh has filed an FIR against filmmaker Anurag Kashyap at Versova Police Station. Charges against Kashyap in the FIR include rape, wrongful restrain, wrongful confinement and outraging modesty of a woman.

Payal’s lawyer Nitin Satpute shared details of the FIR in a statement released on his unverified Twitter account in the early hours of Wednesday. The FIR was filed late on Tuesday night.

Satpute’s statement reads: “Finally FIR has been lodged against Accused for the offence Rape, Wrongful Restrain, Wrongful Confinement and outraging modesty of woman U/S 376(1), 354, 341, 342 of IPC, @iampayalghosh.”

Payal officially levelled MeToo allegations against Kashyap on Saturday, on her verified Twitter account. A day later, in an interview with IANS, she claimed that Kashyap stripped off in front of her and tried to molest her in 2014.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.