Smriti Irani attacks AAP, says party running blasphemous, preposterous campaign | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Smriti Irani attacks AAP, says party running blasphemous, preposterous campaign – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Smriti Irani attacks AAP, says party running blasphemous, preposterous campaign

Published

on

smriti-wefornews

Human Resource and Development Minister Smriti Irani on Thursday slams Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for its allegations against Arun Jaitley, stating that the party was running a ‘blasphemous and preposterous campaign bordering on political hysteria’.

Attacking AAP, Irani said the report that AAP spokespersons had been citing on Thursday was not the result of an investigation by the party, but a report by the DDCA itself.

“The BJP resolutely stands behind Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and condemns malicious attempt of AAP to deflect public attention from a corrupt officer,” she said.

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) had earlier hit out at the Central government for not allowing a probe into the alleged Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) scam, and demanded Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s resignation.

Addressing a press conference at the Constitution Club, AAP leader Kumar Vishwas alleged that the main objective of CBI raid at Delhi Secretariat and taking control of ACB was to prevent alleged graft in DDCA during Arun Jaitley’s tenure coming to light.

Meanwhile, Union Minister of Communications and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad said the Aam Aadmi Party Government has been exposed by the Transparency International, and is hence trying to slam Jaitley on the issue of an alleged scam in the Delhi District and Cricket Association (DDCA).

The Centre has backed Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, saying he won’t be resigning from his post, and added that there won’t be any Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe against him, after the Congress Party alleged financial irregularities in the DDCA during his tenure as president of that sports body.

Wefornews Bureau

India

Coronavirus: Overall tally crosses 1600 mark in India

Published

on

By

Coronavirus

New Delhi, April 1 (IANS) The total tally of novel coronavirus cases in India crossed 1600 mark on Wednesday, said the health ministry.

The country has reported 1637 confirmed COVID-19 cases so far, since the first case was reported on January 30 in Kerala’s Thrissur.

Of 1637, at least 1466 people are currently affected by the highly contagious COVID-19 disease, 132 people have recovered and discharged from the hospital while 38 people have lost their lives. One person migrated from the country.

Meanwhile, with one more death and total 321 cases have been reported in Maharashtra. Uttar Pradesh has reported 103 cases of Novel coronavirus. Eight new coronavirus positive cases were reported in Gujarat on Wednesday, all of them in state’s financial capital Ahmedabad. Till now, 82 active positive cases are present in Gujarat, with six deaths due to corona outbreak. Fortunately, no new coronavirus positive case has been reported on Wednesday till 9 a.m from Rajasthan, state health officials said. Total tally stands at 93 though.

On Tuesday, some places were identified as hotspots across the country. These are Dilshad Garden and Nizamuddin in Delhi, Noida and Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, Bhilwara in Rajasthan, Ahmedabad, Kasargod and Pathanamthitta in Kerala, Mumbai and Pune. The identification of cases at these places will help ramp up the testing process.

Continue Reading

India

COVID-19: 8 more positive cases in Ahmedabad

Published

on

By

Coronavirus Symtoms

Gandhinagar, April 1 (IANS) Eight new coronavirus positive cases were reported in Gujarat on Wednesday, all of them in state’s financial capital Ahmedabad. Till now, 82 active positive cases are present in Gujarat, with six deaths due to corona outbreak.

Jayanti Ravi, Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare Department, said: “Eight new cases have been found in Ahmedabad. Before the central government declared Ahmedabad as a hotspot we had declared Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Gandhinagar as such for the outbreak.”

“These eight include male (52) with travel history to Indore, male (18) also with travel history to Indore, female (45) with interstate travel history, and a female (65) who got infected locally. They have been admitted in Ahmedabad Civil hospital.

“A male (68) with interstate travel history, male (54) with international travel history and a female (58) infected locally have been admitted in Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (SVP) Hospital. Another male (67) who got infected locally has been admitted in the Sola Civil Hospital,” added Ravi.

“Out of total 82 positive cases, the conditions of 66 is stable, six have been discharged, while condition of three is critical and are on ventilator,” added Ravi.

The number of persons under quarantine is 19,206, including 18,487 at home and 743 in government institutes, and 253 in private facilities. As many as 418 FIR have been filed against persons violating the quarantine conditions.

“We have tested 1,586 samples, of which 1,501 were negative, 82 positive and results of three are pending,” added Ravi.

This takes the total Corona positive cases in the state to 82, excluding 6 deaths. The highest number of 31 cases is in Ahmedabad, followed by 11 in Gandhinagar, 10 each in Surat and Rajkot, nine in Vadodara, six in Bhavnagar, two in Gir-Somnath and one each in Porbandar, Mahesana and Kutch.

Out of the 82 positive cases, 33 have foreign travel history, eight inter-state tavel and 41 with locally transmitted disease.

Among the six victims in Gujarat is a 67-year-old male from Surat with co-morbid conditions. An 85-year-old female from Ahmedabad died on Wednesday due to co-morbid conditions. A 70- year-old male from Bhavnagar with travel history to Delhi succumbed on Thursday. Three more deaths were reported on Saturday, Sunday and Monday — a male (47) and female (46) from Ahmedabad and a female (45) from Jesar block in Bhavnagar respectively.

All deceased were suffering from co-morbid conditions like diabetes, hypertension, cardiac ailments and other several complications.

Continue Reading

India

Kerala moots salary challenge, ministers to give Rs 1 lakh each

Published

on

By

Pinarayi Vijayan

Thiruvananthapuram, April 1 (IANS) The Pinarayi Vijayan cabinet that met here on Wednesday has given the in-principle clearance to have a salary challenge from all state government employees to collect funds to handle the various activities of Covid-19 of the Kerala government.

All state government employees have to contribute one month’s salary to the CM Distress Relief Fund and it could be done in instalments also.

Kerala has at present 215 positive coronavirus positive cases, with over 1.60 lakh people under observation at homes and hospitals.

As a first step the entire cabinet decided that each one of them will contribute Rs one lakh each and it has already been done by Vijayan.

On Tuesday, Vijayan held talks with a section of the employee’s representatives and it has been more or less agreed upon, even as talks have to take place with a few other organisations.

Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition Ramesh Chennithala reacting to the salary challenge told the media that they have no issues with this.

“We have the same stand that we took when such a challenge was announced in 2018, when floods ravaged the state. We strongly demanded then that, it should not be put into the CMDRF, instead it should be in a separate account. It was not done and now what we hear is that at Kochi a CPI-M worker got Rs one million and the report of another fraud of Rs five million also has surfaced. Such things should not happen,” said Chennithala.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular