Six more test corona positive in Gujarat, total 53 | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Six more test corona positive in Gujarat, total 53 – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Six more test corona positive in Gujarat, total 53

Published

on

coronavirus cases

New Delhi, The health authorities announced on Saturday that six more coronavirus positive cases have been detected in Gujarat, taking the number of positive cases to 53.

Jayanti Ravi, Principal Secretary, Health and family welfare Department, Gujarat said, “On Saturday, six more positive cases were found. Among the affected are persons from Gandhinagar, Mehsana and Ahmedabad who got infected through local transmission.”

This takes the total corona positive cases in the state to 53. Three deaths have also been reported from the state. The highest number of cases detected is in Ahmedabad: 18, followed by Vadodara: 9, Rajkot: 8, Gandhinagar: 8, Surat: 7 and one each in Bhavnagar, Mahesana and Kutch.

“We have covered a significant population of the state, that is 4,46,60,856 people have been covered under the survey so far in the state, carried out by ten thousand health workers in the state. The survey found travel history of total 60,708 where 50,169 had interstate travelling and 10,539 had travelled abroad,” added Ravi.

“We are carrying out the sample testing as per the ICMR protocols. So far we have sent 993 samples for testing, out of which 938 were found negative, while confirmatory tests are being carried out for two,” said Ravi.

“The cases of home quarantine have come down from 20,103 to 19,340 whereas the number of forced quarantine in government facilities is 657,” she said.

“All the four dedicated hospitals in Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot and Vadodara are ready with isolation wards. The state has total 2,399 ventilators in which 660 are in government and 1,739 are in private healthcare facilities. Everyday we are receiving 30,000 N95 masks and 300,000 three-layered masks which are being distributed.

The total number of N95 masks are more than 45,000 and three-layered mask are more than 6 lakhs and the total number of PPE kits is 29,500, said Ravi.


India

Uttarakhand minister Covid positive, Congress asks cabinet to go into quarantine

Published

on

By

Suryakant Dhasmana
Uttarakhand Congress state Vice President Suryakant Dhasmana

Dehradun, May 31 : Hours after Uttarakhand Minister Satpal Maharaj tested positive for coronavirus, the state’s opposition Congress on Sunday sought that the state cabinet should go into quarantine as he had attended a cabinet meeting earlier this week.

“Very disturbing news, the whole Uttrakhand Cabinet including the Chief Minister may be quarentined (sic) as a Cabinet Minister who attended the Cabinet Meeting found Corona positive,” Congress state Vice President Suryakant Dhasmana said in a tweet.

Satpal Maharaj and at least two dozen of his family members and staff also tested positive, state officials said. This came a day after the minister’s wife Amrita Rawat, who had fever for the past few days, tested positive for coronavirus on Saturday.

What is worrying is that Satpal Maharaj, the state Tourism Minister, had attended a cabinet meeting on Friday where Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat and other ministers of the BJP government were present.

In a video on his Twitter handle, Dhasmana said: “I think the whole cabinet should go into quarantine and get themselves checked at the earliest as it is a matter of public welfare, of public health, of people’s health… so many of the state’s people, party leaders and officials, ministers come in contact.”

“I pray to God that no one else turns out to be infected… to stop this happening, this (quarantining) is necessary. We pray that the Chief Minister and his colleagues stay healthy, and Maharaj ji and his family come out victorious.”

Continue Reading

Cities

Mumbai cases cross 51K, Maha Covid death toll 2,286

The state’s containment zones decreased from 3,169 to 3,157 on Sunday and 18,490 health teams have carried out a survey of a population of around 70.1 lakhs in the state.

Published

on

By

Coronavirus outbreak

Mumbai, May 31 : The Mumbai region Covid-19 cases shot above the 51,000-mark on Sunday even as the state death toll reached 2,286, with 89 fatalities – down by 27 from the highest 116 deaths recorded on May 29 – health officials said.

Sunday’s toll includes a whopping 70 deaths in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region alone – the worst-hit in the country, besides 2,487 new positive cases recorded in the state.

This comes to roughly one death every 16 minutes, and an average 104 new cases notched every hour, in the state.

Maharashtra has been recording 75-plus fatalities and new patients over 2,000 daily for the past six consecutive days, with the last highest figure of 3,041 infections on May 24.

With 89 fatalities, the state death toll has touched 2,286 while the total number of Coronavirus patients increased from Saturday’s 65,168 to 67,655 on Sunday.

The health department said of the total number of cases declared till date, 36,031 were active, an increase of 1,150 over Saturday’s 34,881.

The state has notched a recovery rate of 43.35 per cent and a mortality (death) rate of 3.37 per cent, with the patient doubling time improving to 17.5 days over last week’s 11.3 days, against the national average of 15.7 days.

Of the total 89 fatalities on Sunday, 52 were recorded in Mumbai alone, taking the city deaths up from Saturday’s 1,227 to 1,279 now, while the number of Covid-19 positive patients here shot up by 1,244 cases to touch 39,686 now.

Besides Mumbai’s 52 deaths, there were 18 fatalities in Thane (Navi Mumbai, Thane, Kalyan-Dombivali), 9 in Pune, 6 in Nashik (Malegaon), 2 Solapur, and one each in Osmanabad and Yavatmal.

The victims comprised 46 men and 43 women, and nearly 63 per cent of them suffered from other serious ailments such as diabetes, hypertension, heart problems and asthma.

On the positive side, a total of 1,248 fully cured patients returned home on Sunday, taking the number of those discharged from 28,081 to 29,329.

Maharashtra announced a gradual easing of the lockdown from June 1 under #MissionBeginAgain, with specified activities permitted in phases, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said in an address to the state on Sunday.

Spelling out cheers for Bollywood, film shootings of all types have been permitted with a set of guidelines, while doorstep delivery of newspapers will also start shortly.

The MMR continued to cause grave concerns with 1,548 Covid-19 deaths and positive cases shooting past the 50K mark to touch 51,397.

Though trailing a distant second after Mumbai, Pune Division fatalities touched 415, besides 9,339 patients.

The next major area of concern is Nashik Division with 163 deaths and 2,046 positive cases, followed by Aurangabad Division with 66 fatalities and 1,838 cases, and finally Akola Division with 48 deaths and 1,010 cases.

There’s Latur Division with 10 deaths and 356 cases, Kolhapur Division with 10 deaths and 866 patients, and finally Nagpur Division with 11 deaths and 744 cases.

Meanwhile, the number of people sent to home-quarantine increased from Saturday’s 551,660 to 558,100 on Sunday, and those in institutional quarantine decreased by 940 to 34,480.

In yet another relieving news, there are as many as 72,704 beds available for quarantine in the state.

The state’s containment zones decreased from 3,169 to 3,157 on Sunday and 18,490 health teams have carried out a survey of a population of around 70.1 lakhs in the state.

(Quaid Najmi can be contacted at [email protected])

Continue Reading

Cities

There will be more packages for Atmanirbhar Bharat: BJP MP

Published

on

By

Rajeev Chandrashekhar,

Thiruvananthapuram, May 31 : BJP MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar on Sunday said that there will be more packages from the Centre for Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhyan.

Chandrashekhar, who is also the vice-chairman of the BJP-led NDA in Kerala, said this while speaking at a Webinar organized jointly by the Centre for Policy and Development Studies and the Kerala unit of Swadeshi Jagaran Manch.

Chandrashekhar said that this is a challenge as well as opportunity for the people to develop their productivity and output.

“Our Prime Minister had inherited an economy which was in total mess in 2014 and had taken almost four years to bring it to a somewhat better position. But now the Covid pandemic has created total destruction to the global economy and India is no exception,” said the BJP leader.

The senior BJP leader said that the MSMEs and other sectors should make use of the packages announced by the government.

“The manner in which business will develop in the future has to be contemplated. It will be totally different from what the society is used to. International investment and business will come to the country only after a proper environment of conducting business is developed and the PM is working hard to provide such a conducive environment for doing business,” said Chandrashekhar.

He also cautioned that different sectors are affected in different ways by the Covid pandemic and added that the hospitality and airline sector will never be like what it used to be before the Covid days, at least for a year.

He also opined that the Kerala model of development is not sustainable and added that only a resilient society can survive such times and added that Kerala’s dependence on deposits should have to change for a resilient economy.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular