Six killed in UP road accident | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Six killed in UP road accident – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Six killed in UP road accident

Published

on

Accident

Lucknow, Oct 30, 2017: At least six persons were killed in a road accident in Uttar Pradesh early on Monday in Bareilly.

The accident took place when a speeding truck crashed against a car at the Crusher Puliya in Hafijganj on the Pilibhit-Bareilly highway.

All five occupants of the car and its driver were killed. The bodies were pulled out with the help of cutters. Police and senior district officials were at the site.

A police officer said none of the bodies have been identified so far. They have been kept at the mortuary of the district hospital. All deceased are men.

Wefornews Bureau

Cities

Video clips punch holes in STF theory of encounter

Another video clip that casts a shadow on the police account of the encounter is one in which Vikas Dubey is brought to the hospital with blood smeared over his chest.

Published

on

By

Vikas Dubey

Kanpur, July 10 : Videos of events that led to the encounter of gangster Vikas Dubey are contradicting the claims made by the Special Task Force (STF) that he was shot dead on Friday morning when he tried to escape.

Vikas Dubey was wanted for the massacre of eight policemen in Bikru village on July 3 and was being brought o Kanpur from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh from where he was taken into custody on Thursday.

The UP Police said that the car in which Vikas Dubey was travelling overturned and he and other policemen were injured. The criminal snatched a gun from an injured cop and tried to escape, the police said. He was surrounded and asked to surrender but he opened fire, forcing retaliatory shooting in which he was killed.

A video of the three cars crossing a toll booth at around 4 a.m. shows that Vikas Dubey was in a different car — not the one that is seen tipped on its side after the accident on the highway 30 km from Kanpur.

There is no comment yet from the police on the mysterious car switch.

Another video taken at around 6.30 a.m., just half an hour before the encounter, shows media cars chasing the convoy being stopped.

When mediapersons questioned the SSP, Kanpur, on being stopped, the officer chose not to respond.

An eyewitness said that he had heard gunshots in the area but the police asked them to leave.

“We heard sounds of gunshots. When we came here, we were sent away. There was no accident at that time,” Ashish Paswan, a passer-by, told reporters.

Another video clip that casts a shadow on the police account of the encounter is one in which Vikas Dubey is brought to the hospital with blood smeared over his chest.

The police said that he ran on wet mud since it was raining at that time, and fell after being shot at. However, there was no mud on his clothes and his trousers were absolutely clean.

Continue Reading

Cities

Two trains from Bihar to Jharkhand will not ply due to coronavirus

Published

on

By

Migrant Workers in Train

Ranchi, July 10 : Two trains will not ply to Jharkhand from July 13 due to the rising number of coronavirus cases in the state.

At the request of the Jharkhand government, the railway board has agreed not to send two trains originating from Bihar to Jharkhand. The two trains are the Patna-Ranchi-Patna Jan Shatabdi Express and the Tata Danapur Express. The Patna-Ranchi Jan Shatabdi will ply from Patna to Gaya only.

Coronavirus cases have jumped to over 3,300 in Jharkhand.

Jharkahnd Chief Minister Hemant Soren and his principal secretary Rajiv Arun Ekka have gone into home quarantine after Jharkhand Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) Minister Mithilesh Thakur was found coronavirus positive.

Jharkahnd Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator Mathura Mahto, and 20 scribes in Dhanbad districts have also been infected by the coronavirus.

The Hazaribagh district administration has put the district under lockdown for a week from July 10.

171 fresh cases surfaced on Thursday and more than 40 cases were found on Friday in the state.

Out of the total 3,300 cases which have been detected, 2,169 have been brought by migrant workers returning from various coronavirus hotspots in the country including Maharashtra, Gujarat, Delhi and Tamil Nadu.

The recovery rate among the Covid-19 patients has come down to 67.64 percent which was earlier ten per cent more.

Continue Reading

Cities

Opposition slams Yogi govt over Vikas Dubey encounter

Published

on

Akhilesh Yadav

Lucknow/New Delhi, July 10 : The opposition parties on Friday slammed the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government over the encounter of dreaded gangster Vikas Dubey, while being brought back to the state from Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain.

Former Chief Minister and Samajwadi Party Chief Akhilesh Yadav took to twitter and wrote, “Actually. his car has not overturned, but the government has been saved from turning over the secret.”

His remarks came soon after Dubey died on Friday morning after being critically injured in an alleged shootout with the STF officials on Friday morning near Kanpur. The gangster was shot when he reportedly tried to flee, following a road accident in which the vehicle he was travelling in overturned near Kanpur. Dubey was taken to the emergency ward of the Hallett Hospital. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kanpur Dinesh Kumar said that the doctors have confirmed the death of Vikas Dubey.

Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Jayant Chaudhary also slammed the BJP government over the “encounter rule” in the state and urged all the judges to resign. “After Vikas Dubey”s encounter, all the judges of the country should resign. There is no need of court in BJP”s encounter rule,” Chaudhary said in a series of tweets. “All this drama has been created to save the real culprits of killing eight policemen,” the RLD leader said in another tweet.

Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader and Rajya Sabha MP Manoj Kumar Jha also criticised the Uttar Pradesh government over the encounter saying the “black truth” of the entire “syndicate” has also been “encountered” along with Dubey. “If the news of the Vikas Dubey death in the encounter is true, then accept that the black truth of the entire syndicate has also been encountered. The system has saved itself from being naked. How the story is so simple from yesterday”s visuals of Mahakal temple to the story till today morning. Proceed with this as the final truth (sic),” Jha tweeted.

According to reports, as the convoy bringing Dubey from Madhya Pradesh”s Ujjain reached the Bhauti area under the Barra police circle in Kanpur on Friday morning, the vehicle in which Vikas was seated, overturned after skidding on the road due to heavy rain.

Dubey, along with two other police personnel in the vehicle, was injured in the accident. As soon as the gangster was taken out of the vehicle, he allegedly snatched a pistol from the STF team and tried to fire at the police. He was fatally injured in retaliatory firing. Dubey received a bullet injury in the chest which proved fatal. Five members of the Dubey gang have been killed in police encounters over the past seven days.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular