Shami doesn't need to surrender anymore, we have stay: Lawyer | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Shami doesn’t need to surrender anymore, we have stay: Lawyer – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Sports

Shami doesn’t need to surrender anymore, we have stay: Lawyer

Published

on

mohammed-shami

New Delhi, Sep 9 (IANS) The order by the Alipore Court in Kolkata that needed India pacer Mohammed Shami to surrender within 15 days from September 2 no longer holds good as his lawyer Salim Rahaman has managed to get a stay from a higher court.

Speaking to IANS, Salim said that the move was in any case against the legal process and there was no way that Shami could have been asked to surrender. The first move had to be that of summoning either Shami or his representative.

“The order didn’t hold much ground because while you can summon a person, you cannot issue a surrender notice. We have got a stay on the matter from a higher court and the rest of the plan of action you will get to know tomorrow,” he said.

Shami might have left for the US from the tour of the West Indies, but he has been in constant touch with his lawyer as well as the BCCI.

A case of domestic violence filed against him by his wife, Hasin Jahan, had seen the Alipore court in Kolkata order the India pacer to surrender within 15 days.

Speaking to IANS, a senior Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) functionary had said that the fast bowler would return to India on September 12, and till then he was in touch with his lawyer Salim Rahaman.

“Shami has gone to the US after the tour of the West Indies got over and he will be back in the country on the 12th. He has been in constant touch with his lawyer on the court matter and has also spoken to the relevant people within the board on the matter,” the functionary had said.

The BCCI had on September 2 — the date of issuance of the court order — made it clear that no action will be taken against the bowler till they see the charge sheet. While it was initially thought to be an arrest warrant, his lawyer had clarified that it was a note of surrender.

Sports

Warne banned from driving for 12 months

The former Australian spinner already had 15 penalty points to his license for five speeding offences from April 2016.

Published

on

New Delhi, Sep 23 : Australia legend Shane Warne has been banned from driving for 12 months after picking up his sixth speeding offence in two years. Warne pleaded guilty at the Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court for driving at over 75 kmph in a zone where the speed limit was 65 kmph.

According to BBC News, the former Australian spinner already had 15 penalty points to his license for five speeding offences from April 2016.

The 50-year-old, who was not present at the hearing, is also required to pay 900 pounds as fine.

Warne, regarded as one of the best spinners in cricket history, scalped 708 wickets in 145 Tests between 1992 and 2007.

Continue Reading

Politics

Sprinter Dutee Chand wants to join politics

Earlier this year, Dutee openly announced that she was in a same-sex relationship.

Published

on

Bhubaneswar, Sep 23 : Ace sprinter Dutee Chand has expressed her interest to enter the political fray after finishing her athletic career.

“I have always wanted to join politics since childhood. My family has also been involved in grassroots politics, with my mother being the SARPANCH of our village,” Dutee tweeted on Monday.

Dutee, however, said there is no plan to join politics as of now and she will wait till the completion of her career as an athlete.

“Now, I am focusing on my sprinting career. There is no plan to join politics now,” said India’s fastest woman.

Earlier this year, Dutee openly announced that she was in a same-sex relationship.

The 23-year-old athlete, who holds the national record in the women’s 100 metres event, is preparing for the World Championships scheduled to begin on September 27 in Doha.

Continue Reading

Sports

India vs South Africa 3rd T20I: Unchanged India bat first in Bengaluru

Published

on

By

India vs south africa women

Bengaluru, Sep 22 India have elected to bat first at the M. Chinnaswamy stadium here on Sunday in the third and final T20I against South Africa.

India lead the three-match series 1-0 following their victory in Mohali on Wednesday while the first match in Dharamsala was washed out without a ball being bowled on September 15.

India skipper Virat Kohli said the hosts have gone in with an unchanged XI from the second T20I in Mohali. South Africa have made one change to their side with Beuran Hendricks replacing Anrich Nortje.

“Looks like a nice wicket. I know this is a ground where teams have chased well. But going into the T20 World Cup, we want to improve on a few things as a team. Batting first is an area we want to improve upon. Batting first is something we’re also looking to strengthen.

“Results are always a priority, but we need to get out of our comfort zone also. Come the World Cup, toss is not in your control, you should be able to perform whether batting or bowling first. Have a few plans in mind, will be looking to executing those,” Kohli said at the toss.

South Africa skipper Quinton de Kock said that the Proteas will be looking to make improvements upon their performance in the second T20I that ended in a seven-wicket loss for them.

“It will be a good wicket anyway, whether we batted or bowled. We will have to try and compete, be the best players we can be. Last match was up and down for the team. We will try to learn from our mistakes,” de Kock said.

Playing XI
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(c/wk), Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi

India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular