Shahid Kapoor watches PADMAAVAT with Fans | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Shahid Kapoor watches PADMAAVAT with Fans – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Published

on

Mumbai: In Padmaavat, Shahid essays the role of Maharawal Ratan Singh. His character is determined, fierce, and stands tall in the film. The actor has taken a lot of effort to get into the skin of the character. After its release, the actor was at a theatre in Mumbai where the show of “Padmaavat” was going on. It is based on 16th-century poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi’s poem “Padmaavat”, was caught in a row after protests from Shri Rajput Karni Sena.

Entertainment

Mahesh Bhatt to take legal action against Luviena Lodh over video alleging harrassment

The statement, posted on the verified Instagram account of Vishesh Films, is signed Naik Naik & Co., legal counsel for Vishesh Films.

Published

on

By

mahesh bhatt-wefornews-min

Mumbai, Oct 24 : The legal counsel of Vishesh Films, on behalf of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, has issued a statement in response to an Instagram video uploaded by actress Luviena Lodh, alleging that Bhatt has been harassing her and her family.

“With reference to video released by one Lavina Lodhi. We, on behalf of our client Mahesh Bhatt, refute the allegations. Such allegations are not only false and defamatory but have serious consequences in law. Our client will take such action in accordance with law as advised,” said the statement issued on behalf of Bhatt.

The statement, posted on the verified Instagram account of Vishesh Films, is signed Naik Naik & Co., legal counsel for Vishesh Films.

Earlier, on Friday, Luviena Lodh posted a one minute, 48-second video on her verified Instagram page claiming that Mahesh Bhatt has been harassing her. She also claimed that she had been married to Bhatt’s nephew Sumit Sabharwal, adding that she had filed for a divorce on getting to know that he supplies drugs to actors like Amyra Dastur and Sapna Pabbi. She also alleged that he was into supplying women and that Mahesh Bhatt was aware of the fact.

Speaking in Hindi, Luviena says in her video: “Namaste. My name is Laviena Lodh, and I’m filming this video for the safety of my family and myself. My marriage took place with Mahesh Bhatt’s nephew Sumit Sabharwal and I have filed for a divorce on getting to know that he supplies drugs to actors like Amyra Dastur and Sapna Pabbi etc. His phone contains images of numerous girls that he shows to directors, and so he also supplies women.

“Mahesh Bhatt is aware of these things. Mahesh Bhatt is the biggest don of the industry. He operates this entire system and if you don’t play by their rules they make life miserable for you. Mahesh Bhatt has destroyed many lives — he has ensured many actors, directors and composers lose their jobs. He makes a call and people lose their jobs, and they don’t even get to know about it. He has destroyed many lives in this manner, and since the time I filed a case against him he is after my life. He has tried to enter my home in different ways and has also tries his best to get me thrown out of my house.

“When I try to file an NC (non-cognisable complaint) at a police station, no one is willing to lodge the complaint. If at all an NC is filed, no action is taken. If something should happen to me and my family, the only people who are responsible are Mahesh Bhatt, Mukesh Bhatt, Sumit Sabharwal, Sahil Saigal, and Kumkum Saigal. People should at least get to know of how many lives they have destroyed behind closed doors and the things they can do, because Mahesh Bhatt is extremely powerful and influential. Thank you.”

Luviena Lodh had a role in the 2010 release “Kajraare” starring Himesh Reshammiya and Sara Loren. The film was written by Mahesh Bhatt and directed by his daughter Pooja Bhatt.

Continue Reading

Cities

Bengaluru: Cinema theatres open – Dearth of audience hurts owners

Published

on

By

Cinema theatre

Bengaluru, Oct 24: The cinema theatres in the state had stopped operations seven months back because of coronavirus-induced lockdown enforced by the government. The theatres were allowed to operate from October 15 subject to certain conditions. Accordingly, films began to be screened in various towns and cities including this city.

During a week which went by thereafter, the audience response has been disheartening. The theatres have been waiting to receive the audience but the movie-goers seem to be keeping a distance from the theatres.

Films like ‘Love Mocktail’, ‘Shivaji Suratkal’, ‘Shivarjuna’, ‘Mayabazar 2016’ and ‘Kaanadanthe Maayavaadanu’ had been released in single screens and multiplexes during the last week. A few more films were added in between. More films are in the line to be screened in the coming week. The films that will be exhibited this week will be ‘Kurukshetra’, ‘KGF’, ‘Tagaru’, ‘Rajkumar’, ‘Kotigobba 3’, ‘Damayanthi”, ‘Diya’ and some more.

No audience: Even though many movies are getting released, there has not been any appreciable addition to the number of audiences as compared to last week. Most of the films are being released in multiplexes where only one or two shows have been arranged. There were cases in which a few shows were cancelled for want of audiences.

Old films a problem: Some exhibitors feel that the audience response has been better but not to the extent expected by them. They point out that the films being screened now are the old ones which have already been seen by the people on OTT and television. They feel that the audience response would have been far better if new films of stars were released.

President of Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce, K V Chandrashekhar, admits that the audience response so far has been lukewarm but expects the collections to increase once new films are released. Producer of ‘Shivarjuna’, Shivarjuna, says that his film was exhibited in 40 theatres in the first week and 20 more theatres have been added this week. He feels that with the release of new films, more and more audience will get attracted towards the theatres.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sanjay Dutt defeats cancer, issues statement with health update

Published

on

By

sanjay dutt

Mumbai, Oct 21 : Actor Sanjay Dutt, who recently confirmed that he was fighting cancer, on Wednesday shared a health update saying he has come out victorious in his battle with the disease.

Dutt posted a statement on Instagram expressing joy while making the announcement.

“The last few weeks were very difficult time for my family and me. But like they say, God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. And today, on the occasion of my kids’ birthday, I am happy to come out victorious from this battle and be able to give them the best gift I can-the health and well-being of our family,” the statement read.

The actor thanked his family and doctors for taking proper care of him. He also expressed his gratitude to well-wishers for showering him with love.

“This wouldn’t have been possible without the unwavering faith and support from all of you. I am eternally grateful to my family, friends and all the fans who have stood by me and been my source of strength through this trying time. Thank you for the love, kindness and the countless blessings that you have sent my way. I am especially grateful to Dr. Sewanti and her team of doctors, nurses and the medical staff at Kokilaben Hospital who have taken such good care of me in the last few weeks. Humbled and grateful,” he concluded.

Dutt’s fans and colleagues are extremely happy.

“One of the best news,” a user commented.

“So happy to hear this. Stay healthy,” wrote another.

A few days ago, Dutt had addressed his battle with cancer in a video posted by his friend, celebrity hairstylist Aalim Hakim.

In the video, the actor showed his scar mark, saying: “Good to be back in the salon. Got a haircut. If you see this, this is a recent scar in my life, but I will beat it. I will beat it, I will be out of this cancer soon.”

On August 11, Dutt, who was hospitalised a few days before that due to breathing problems and chest discomfort, shared that he was taking a break for medical treatment.

Although the actor or his family members did not reveal anything officially at that point, trade analyst and film industry insider Komal Nahta subsequently confirmed that the actor had been diagnosed with lung cancer.

“Sanjay Dutt diagnosed with lung cancer. Let’s pray for his speedy recovery,” Nahta had tweeted.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.