Several flights cancelled at Amritsar, Chandigarh airports | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Several flights cancelled at Amritsar, Chandigarh airports – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Several flights cancelled at Amritsar, Chandigarh airports

The cancelled flights included Indigo Airlines (five flights), Jet Airways (three), Go Air (one) and Air India (one).

Published

on

Amritsar: Airport closed for commercial services

Amritsar, Feb 27 (IANS) Commercial flight services were affected at the Amritsar and Chandigarh airports on Wednesday but authorities said that normal flight operations had been resumed and will continue normally on Thursday.

Commercial flight operations were suspended on Wednesday from the Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport in Amritsar amid rising tensions between India and Pakistan.

Commercial flights resumed services at all the Indian airports where they were suspended earlier in the day on Wednesday, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) said.

Over 15 flights to and from Amritsar airport were cancelled, delayed or diverted. Passengers who were in the Amritsar airport terminal to catch flights for various destinations were asked to leave the building.

Personnel from the Army, Indian Air Force (IAF) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) took control of the airport complex.

“We were inside the airport to catch an international flight. We were asked to leave. We do not know the fate of our flight. No one is telling us anything,” said a young woman who was scheduled to leave for Dubai.

At the Chandigarh International Airport, which is under the command of the IAF, at least 10 flights were cancelled on Wednesday.

The cancelled flights included Indigo Airlines (five flights), Jet Airways (three), Go Air (one) and Air India (one).

“Today, Chandigarh airport was open for flight operations for the full day and it will open at its normal time tomorrow onwards also,” Chandigarh International Airport Limited (CHAIL) spokesperson Deepesh Joshi said.

The airports at Halwara near Ludhiana and Adampur near Jalandhar, which are both with the IAF, were also put on high alert.

Cities

No manual cleaning of sewage chambers in Rajasthan, says CM Gehlot

Published

on

By

Ashok Gehlot

Jaipur, July 7 : No sanitation worker should be forced to enter into sewage chambers to clean the sewer lines, said Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot while addressing a video conference with public representatives and urban bodies.

The entire cleaning work should be done by machines and there should be no deaths during cleaning of sewerage lines, he instructed all district collectors and civic authorities on Monday.

Gehlot said that the sanitation workers, who have been risking their lives to keep us safe, played a strong role in keeping the city, streets and neighbourhood free from the deadly coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The government was able to check the spread of the pandemic due to the dedication with which the sanitation workers and the public representatives of the urban bodies worked, he added.

The CM said that Rajasthan”s pride “increased” in the nation owing to hard work by doctors, nurses, anganwadi workers, police, sanitation workers and urban bodies. In fact, Rajasthan was the first state to provide insurance cover of Rs 50 lakh to government and non-government personnel engaged in Covid-19 battle, he said.

The CM also took suggestions from the civic body mayors, chairpersons, councillors and others and released two posters to create awareness among the people against the virus.

Continue Reading

Cities

Delhi’s remote teaching-learning initiative receives overwhelming response

Around 23,000 students watched the live lessons on YouTube. Till the writing of this report, the videos have been accessed by more than 1.35 lakh people on YouTube.

Published

on

By

Manish Sisodia

New Delhi, July 6 : Delhis Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Monday congratulated the teachers and parents on the successful launch of Delhi governments remote teaching-learning initiative.

On July 2, the initiative was announced in the wake of the closure of schools till July 31. The Directorate of Education has devised an alternate plan to reduce the academic loss of students in classes KG to XII of all government and aided schools of Delhi.

On the first day of the programme, students from KG to Class XIII received their first worksheet. It contains engaging and syllabus agnostic activities to promote reading, writing, basic numeracy and happiness among children.

Similarly, students in Class IX and X received worksheets for Hindi, Science and Mathematics. Henceforth, they will receive 2-3 worksheets daily.

Around 4.15 lakh students have accessed the worksheets on the first day, said the government in a statement. All the worksheets were shared with the students by the class teachers through a WhatsApp group created at the class level.

The students will now be working on the worksheets and share them with their teachers in the respective groups.

“For those students who do not have access to WhatsApp, the teachers will get the printouts of the worksheets and hand them over to their parents on a weekly basis,” the city government stated.

Sisodia said, “Our teachers have worked very hard in creating and distributing the worksheets so that the learning does not stop for the school students.”

For the Class XII students, shortlisted teachers of Delhi government schools took online classes in English and History.

The classes were streamed live on YouTube and students were asking their doubts through comments, which were solved by the teachers.

Around 23,000 students watched the live lessons on YouTube. Till the writing of this report, the videos have been accessed by more than 1.35 lakh people on YouTube.

Sisodia said that it is very important to engage creatively with the students on digital platforms and the teachers have created a very engaging content.

“This has raised the confidence of the teachers who are working hard to reach out to every child,” he said.

Continue Reading

Cities

MP Police to help UP counterpart in hunt for gangster Vikas Dubey

Madhya Pradesh police are said to be scanning phone call details of some of them to check if Dubey had any associates operating in Madhya Pradesh.

Published

on

Vikas Dubey.

Gwalior, July 7 : Madhya Pradesh Police will help its Uttar Pradesh counterpart in the hunt for absconding gangster Vikas Dubey, who along with his gang had gunned down eight police officials in Bikru village in Kanpur district on June 3.

Deputy Inspector General of police, Gwalior range, AK Pande said the Madhya Pradesh police are offering all help to the Uttar Pradesh police to nab the fugitive.

The development comes after the Uttar Pradesh Police sought the MP police help in hunting down Dubey.

The possibility of Dubey slipping into the infamous ravines of Chambal can not be ruled out. Posters of the most wanted criminal have already appeared in public places in Gwalior, Bhind and Morena districts. The award on Dubey”s head has been raised to Rs 2.5 lakh.

Madhya Pradesh Police teams have been combing areas under their jurisdiction.

The Uttar Pradesh Police had inputs that Dubey could try to enter Madhya Pradesh via Rajasthan too.

Director General of Madhya Pradesh Police Vivek Johri on Monday ordered screening of all vehicles crossing the MP-UP border at all points.

The search started in the ravines of Chambal as Vikas Dubey had spent time in Gwalior in the past while absconding from Uttar Pradesh.

ADGP (Gwalior Range) Rajababu Singh says his batchmate in Kanpur, ADG Jaynarayan Singh had suspected the gangster could seek help from the network of criminals operating in both states.

Madhya Pradesh police are said to be scanning phone call details of some of them to check if Dubey had any associates operating in Madhya Pradesh.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular