Search operation underway in villages of J&K's Pulwama | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Search operation underway in villages of J&K’s Pulwama – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Search operation underway in villages of J&K’s Pulwama

Published

on

kashmir valley

Srinagar, Sep 22: The security forces on Saturday launched a massive search operation in the villages of Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday. The areas have been cordoned off.

Over a dozen villages in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district are being searched  by troops of the counter-insurgency Rashtriya Rifles, para commandos of the Army, state police.

The Central Reserve Police Force cordoned off Alaipura, Achan, Hajdarpora, Batnur, Lassipora and other villages and began a door-to-door combing exercise.

This comes a day after a dramatic escalation in militancy, as terrorists kidnapped and shot dead three policemen in Shopian district on Friday, stunning the police force.

DGP Dilbag Singh condemned the incident calling it an act of desperation on the part of the terrorists. Terming it an unfortunate incident, the DGP said the cops appear to be soft targets for the terrorists.

“It has been a very unfortunate incident that 2 SPOs and a police constable has been shot dead. It’s an act of desperation on part of militants outfit. They appear to be soft targets to them. It’s highly condemned,” said Dilbag Singh.

Singh said, “police work for the public, not to hurt anyone. Rumours should not be spread about them. If any such incident happens, we will look into it. Our SPOs have been doing their duty very well. They are an important part of our security forces”.

DGP Singh refuted such reports calling them rumours. Singh said, “Police work for the public, not to hurt anyone. Rumours should not be spread about them. If any such incident happens, we will look into it. Our SPOs have been doing their duty very well. They are an important part of our security forces.”

The Centre too denied all reports of Jammu and Kashmir policemen resigning under pressure from militant groups in the wake of Friday’s killing.

Earlier on Thursday night, two Special Police Officers (SPOs) and a constable, went missing and on Friday morning their bodies were recovered. They were allegedly abducted by members of Hizbul Mujahideen. The outfit had earlier sent an audio threat saying SPO’s should resign from their jobs.

Cities

Bollywood drug case: NCB seizes phones of Deepika, Rakul, Simone, Karishma

NCB quizzed actors Rakul Preet Singh, Deepika Padukone, her former manager Karishma Prakash, and fashion designer Simone Khambatta in connection with drug case related to death of Sushant Singh Rajput

Published

on

By

Rakul Preet Singh Mumbai

Mumbai: The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), which quizzed Bollywood actors Rakul Preet Singh, Deepika Padukone, her former manager Karishma Prakash, and fashion designer Simone Khambatta on Friday and Saturday in connection with the drugs case related to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, has seized their mobile phones.

An NCB source said, “The phones of Deepika, Karishma, Rakul and Khambatta have been seized by the NCB under the Indian Evidence Act.”

The development came after the questioning of Deepika and Karishma on Saturday, and Rakul and Khambatta on Friday for several hours.

The NCB questioned Deepika for over five hours on Saturday and Rakul for over four hours on Friday.

Meanwhile, Karishma was questioned for two consecutive days on Friday amd Saturday, while Khambatta was grilled on Friday.

The agency collected their phones as the alleged ‘drug’ chats were made using the same phones, the source said.

The source also said that the NCB has collected the phone of Sushant’s former talent manager Jaya Saha.

Besides Deepika, Rakul, Khambatta and Karishma, the NCB also questioned Bollywood actors Shraddha Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan on Saturday for several hours.

The NCB has registered a case on the request of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) after it found alleged chats of Deepika with her former manager in 2017 discussing drugs.

The phones of Rakul and Khambatta were seized as both of them are close friends of Sushant’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, who was arrested earlier this month after three days of questioning.

Besides Rhea, the NCB has also arrested her brother Showik and 17 others in connection with the case.

Continue Reading

Cities

Rhea Drug Case: Rakul Preet Singh moves Delhi HC seeking Ban on Media reporting

It is from the email dated September 24 from the NCB that the Petitioner learnt that case in which she has been required to appear has been registered as Crime No. MZU/NCB/15/2020, the plea said.

Published

on

By

Rakul Preet Singh

New Delhi, Sep 26 : Bollywood actor Rakul Preet Singh has moved the Delhi High Court seeking urgent interim directions from the court restraining media from running shows or publishing articles against her in connection with the drug probe which emerged out following the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

The matter is likely to come up for hearing in the coming week.

The petition filed through advocates Himanshu Yadav, Aman Hingorani and Shweta Hingorani claims that Rakul Preet has been in Hyderabad for a film shoot and was shocked to see media reports in the evening of September 29 to the effect that the Narcotics Control Bureau, Mumbai has summoned her to appear before it in Mumbai on September 24 in connection with the ongoing investigation in the Rhea Chakraborty’s drugs case.

“…the Petitioner had received no such summons from the NCB at either of her Hyderabad or Mumbai addresses, and accordingly she remained in Hyderabad. The Petitioner’s father, Col. Kulvinder Singh (Retd), decided to take the morning flight on 24.9.2020 to Mumbai from Hyderabad to ascertain the truth of such reports,” the plea said.

“…however, from the evening of 23.9.2020 itself, the media started running fake news to the effect that the Petitioner, who was in Hyderabad, had supposedly reached Mumbai on the evening of 23.9.2020 for the NCB investigation,” it said further.

It added that around 11.20 a.m. on September 24, the Petitioner received summons under Section 67 of the NDPS Act dated September 23 through WhatsApp in Hyderabad which said that she had to appear in person before the NCB, Mumbai at 10 a.m. on September 24.

It is from the email dated September 24 from the NCB that the Petitioner learnt that case in which she has been required to appear has been registered as Crime No. MZU/NCB/15/2020, the plea said.

Earlier this month, Rakul had approached the High Court seeking its direction in order to ask the media not to telecast, publish or circulate on the TV channels, cable, print or social media, as the case may be, any content in context of Actress Rhea Chakraborty’s narcotic drugs case that maligns or slanders the Petitioner or which contains anything defamatory, deliberate, false and suggestive innuendos and half-truths in respect of the Petitioner, or to use sensational headlines, photographs, video-footage or social media links which invade the privacy of the Petitioner.

While issuing notice on the said plea, a single judge bench of the high court presided by Justice Navin Chawla had said, “There has to be some restraint. Media gets to know info even before the officers themselves. Reputations are getting tarnished.”

“It is hoped that media houses and TV channels would show restraint and abide by the Program Code and other guidelines while making any report in connection with Rakul Preet Singh,” the bench had said further.

Continue Reading

India

Shiromani Akali Dal pulls out of NDA over farm Bills: Sukhbir Singh Badal

The decision was taken at a late-night emergency meeting of the party core committee, the apex decision-making body of the SAD, presided over by party chief Sukhbir Singh Badal.

Published

on

Sukhbir Singh Badal

New Delhi: In a politically significant development, the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Saturday pulled out of the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) citing “injustice to farmers, Sikhs, Punjab and Punjabi language” as reasons for snapping its 24-year-long ties with the Bhartiya Janata Party.

The decision was taken at a late-night emergency meeting of the party core committee, the apex decision-making body of the SAD, presided over by party chief Sukhbir Singh Badal.

“The core committee decided unanimously to pull out of the BJP-led NDA alliance because of the Centre’s stubborn refusal to give statutory legislative guarantees to protect assured marketing of farmers crops on MSP and its continued insensitivity to Punjabi and Sikh issues like excluding the Punjabi language as official language in Jammu and Kashmir,” said a statement issued by SAD spokesperson Harcharan Singh Bains after a marathon party meeting lasting three hours.

The SAD, a long-time constituent of the NDA, and the BJP had been allies since 1996 when both forged a pre-poll alliance ahead of the 1997 Punjab assembly elections which brought them to power.

In a statement, Badal said that the SAD will continue to stand by its core principles of peace, communal harmony and guard the interest of Punjab, Punjabi in general and Sikhs and farmers in particular.

He said the decision (to pull out of the NDA) has been taken in consultation with the people of Punjab, especially party workers and farmers.

Last week, SAD’s Harsimrat Kaur Badal, wife of Sukhbir, had resigned as the Union minister of food processing in protest against the three farm Bills that were later passed in the monsoon session of the Parliament.

Badal said that the bills on agricultural marketing brought by the BJP government are lethal and disastrous for the already beleaguered farmers.

He said the SAD was the oldest ally of the BJP but the government did not listen to it on honouring the sentiments of farmers.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.