Connect with us

Entertainment

Sara is a born star, says Kareena Kapoor Khan

Published

on

Kareena Kapoor Sara Ali khan

Mumbai, Nov 19: Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan, who was last seen in “Veere Di Wedding”, says that her step-daughter Sara Ali Khan is a born star.

Kareena was interacting with media at Lux Golden Rose Awards 2018 on Sunday.

Kareena share warm bond with her step-daughter Sara Ali Khan who will soon mark her Hindi film debut with “Kedarnath” and at the trailer launch of the film, the debutante said that she wants to imbibe professionalism of Kareena.

When asked about the debut of Sara, Kareena said, “I am quite sure that the film will be a super hit but irrespective of that, I think she is a born star.”

At the award ceremony, all four leading actresses of “Veere Di Wedding” were awarded the Lux Golden Rose Award for the confident beauty of the year,

Talking about her feeling receiving the award, Kareena said, “I think every award is special. When an actor receives an award then it boosts his or her confidence.”

Lux Golden Rose Awards celebrate Indian female actors for their beautiful and indomitable performances on the silver screen. In its third edition, Lux has taken things one step ahead and extended its support to UN for its HeForShe movement.

When asked Kareena whether she is going to attend wedding reception of Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone in Mumbai, she said, “Yes… we will be there.”

“Kedarnath” is a romantic movie set against the backdrop of the devastating deluge that struck the holy shrine in the Himalayas in Uttarakhand in 2013.

It also features Sushant Singh Rajput, Nitish Bharadwaj, Alka Amin, Sonali Sachdev, Pooja Gor, Nishant Dahiya in key roles.

It is directed by Abhishek Kapoor and produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Pragya Kapoor. The film is releasing on December 7.

IANS

Entertainment

Navjot Singh Sidhu sacked from The Kapil Sharma Show for comments on Pulwama attack

Published

on

Navjot Singh Sidhu
Navjot Singh Sidhu met with harsh criticism after he spoke about the Pulwama terror attack.

New Delhi, Feb 16: Cricketer turned Politician Navjot Singh Sidhu has been sacked from the ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ following his controversial comments on the Pulwama terror attack.

“The channel has already started with the process of removing Navjot and will replace him with Arachana Puran singh, news agency ANI quoted the sources as saying.

Reacting on the Pulwama terror attack, which left 40 CRPF personnel killed, Sidhu on Friday had stated “For a handful of people, can you blame the entire nation and can you blame an individual? It is a cowardly act and I condemn it firmly. Violence is always condemnable and those who did it must be punished,”.

The former cricketer’s comments were met with harsh criticism and since then social media has been flooded with posts demanding his exit from The Kapil Sharma Show.

Check out some of the tweets below:

This is not the first time Sidhu has landed himself in soup for his soft stand on our neighbouring country.

Sidhu had triggered a controversy last year when he attended Pakistan Prime Minister, Imran Khan’s swearing-in-ceremony. He was much criticised for hugging Pakistan Army chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa as well.

WeForNews

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Pakistan’s complicity in business of terrorism must end: Hansal Mehta

Published

on

Hansal Mehta

Mumbai, Feb 16: Disturbed after the deadly Pulwama attack, filmmaker Hansal Mehta says Pakistan’s complicity in the business of terrorism should come to an end.

Hansal on Saturday took to Twitter to share his views. He also shared details about his 2017 film “Omerta” starring Rajkummar Rao. It is based on British-Pakistani terrorist Omar Saeed Sheikh’s life.

“While ‘Omerta’ was based on Omar Saeed Sheikh, it was also about the patronage provided to men like Masood Azhar, Omar Sheikh, Hafiz Saeed by the state of Pakistan. Pakistan’s complicity in the business of terrorism must be ended, with brute force if needed,” he posted.

In the worst ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) suicide bomber on Thursday rammed his vehicle packed with explosives into a CRPF bus on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Pulwama district, killing at least 40 troopers on the spot.

After the strike, India rejected Pakistan Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua’s claims denying her country’s links to the attack, saying that JeM, which claimed responsibility for the strike, is based in Pakistan, and the “links are clear and evident and for all to see”.

The attack has left the security establishment stunned as it created the biggest casualty of security personnel in a single day in peace time.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Big B to give Rs 5 lakh to each slain CRPF trooper’s family

The actor is currently finding out “from several government sources where and how the amount will be distributed to ensure it is expedited”.

Published

on

amitabh bachchan

Mumbai, Feb 16 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be donating Rs 5 lakh each to the families of 49 CRPF troppers who died in the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district.

In the worst ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a Jaish-e-Mohammad suicide bomber on Thursday rammed his vehicle packed with explosives into a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) bus on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Pulwama district, killing at least 40 troopers on the spot. The toll rose to 49 on Friday as several injured succumbed.

The actor is currently finding out “from several government sources where and how the amount will be distributed to ensure it is expedited”.

His spokesperson confirmed the news, saying: “Yes, Mr Bachchan will be giving Rs 5 lakh to each of the martyr’s families and is currently finding out the correct process to do so.”

The “Piku” actor on Friday also cancelled his attendance as a special guest of Virat Kohli’s Foundation event, which will now be held on Saturday.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular