Connect with us

Entertainment

Sanjay Dutt plans legal action against ‘unauthorised’ biography

Published

on

Sanjay-Dutt

Mumbai, March 21: Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt is planning legal action against the writer and publisher of “The Crazy Untold Story of Bollywood’s Bad Boy” as he had not authorised anyone for his biography. He says his “authentic” autobiography will be out soon.

Sanjay issued a statement via social media about the book penned by Yasser Usman and published by Juggernaut.

“I have not authorised either Juggernaut Publications or Yasser Usman to write/publish my biography. Our lawyers had sent them a legal notice, in response to which Juggernaut Publications said that contents of the proposed book are based on information available in public domain from authentic sources.

“However, from the excerpts that are appearing in the newspaper are partly based on my old interviews, but rest all seemed to be based on hearsay, 1990s’ tabloids and gossip magazines, most of which are figments of imagination and not true. I have consulted with my legal team on the next course of action,” the actor wrote.

In an accompanying post, he also gave fans something to eagerly look forward to.

“I hope better sense will prevail and there will be no further excerpts that will hurt me or my family. My official autobiography will be out soon which will be authentic and based on facts,” Sanjay added.

“The Crazy Untold Story of Bollywood’s Bad Boy” traces Sanjay’s life starting from how his parents — Sunil Dutt and Nargis Dutt met and got married, his birth, how he coped with life in boarding school, the tragedy of his mother’s death, his relationship with his father and sisters, his drug addiction and de-addiction.

Several parts of the book shed light on his very public love life and breakups, his interactions with the underworld, the tryst with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case and his present image as the ‘reformed goon’ much like his role in his beloved role as “Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.”.

IANS

Entertainment

‘Kesari’ set gutted 10 days before film’s completion

Published

on

kesari fire

Mumbai, April 25: A fire broke out on the sets of Akshay Kumar’s film “Kesari”, destroying the whole set just ten days before the film was expected to wrap up. However, no one was injured.

A source in the know of developments told IANS that Akshay had already left for the day when the incident took place at the set in Wai, over 200 km away from here by road.

“They were shooting a crucial war scene when everyone heard a blast sound, which triggered the fire. The mishap occurred just 10 days before the team was about to wrap the film’s schedule after shooting the climax.

“The explosion was a massive one, but not a single person from the crew was injured,” the source said.

It is not known yet what the makers will do now that the set has been destroyed. While the cause of the fire remains unknown, the quantum of loss they have incurred has also not yet been revealed.

Akshay has teamed up with filmmaker Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions for the movie, being directed by Anurag Singh. The film is said to be based on the Battle of Saragarhi of 1897.

“Kesari”, which is slated for a 2019 Holi release, also features Parineeti Chopra.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Playing Manmohan Singh most difficult role of my career: Anupam Kher

Published

on

Actor Anupam Kher Manmohan Singh in "The Accidental Prime Minister
Anupam Kher as former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in "The Accidental Prime Minister".

Mumbai, April 25: Industry veteran Anupam Kher, whose career has spanned over three decades and over 500 films, says playing the role of former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been the most difficult one in his career.

Anupam spoke to the media on the sidelines of the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan Awards 2018 held here on Tuesday.

Asked whether he has completed shooting of ambitious film “The Accidental Prime Minister”, Kher said: “No… Only 40 per cent of the film shoot has been completed. I have studied the character of Manmohan Singh for four months and it is the most difficult role that I have done. I hope the audience will see his journey on-screen really soon.

A video of Anupam in the midst of the film’s shoot was met with appreciation for how well the actor has tried to mould his walk and demeanour to match Singh’s distinct style.

At the awards ceremony, Anupam received a special honour for his contribution to Indian theatre and cinema.

“I have come straight here only to receive this award from England after completing my shooting (schedule) for ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’. I am really honoured and fortunate to receive this award.

“The kind of contribution that the Mangeshkar family has in the world of music is really unbelievable. They have not only won our hearts with their music, but with voices of Mangeshkar sisters, they have united the nation and that is their achievement. It’s a great feeling to receive an honour by them.”

Anupam dedicated the award to youngsters from rural parts of India.

“Whenever I receive an award for my work, it motivates me to do even better. I always say that it s not my lifetime achievement award because I feel like I have started my career just now. This award I have dedicated to youngsters from rural parts of India who come here (to Mumbai) and work hard towards achieving success.

“I just want to advice them that if a boy like me who was son of clerk from forest department of Shimla can receive this award, then they can also achieve many things in their life.”

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Salman Khan meets Mehbooba Mufti in Kashmir

Published

on

SALMAN KHAN Mehbooba Mufti

Srinagar, April 25: Superstar Salman Khan and producer Ramesh Taurani, who are currently busy here with the shoot of the third instalment of the “Race” franchise, met Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.

Salman and the film’s team reached the picturesque Sonamarg hill station in the state for a two-day shooting schedule of Remo D’Souza directed movie “Race 3”.

A photograph of their meeting was shared by Taurani on his Twitter account.

“We thank Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for welcoming us in Kashmir for the final lap of ‘Race 3’ with Salman Khan,” Taurani tweeted with the image, in which he has posed with Mufti, Salman and the actor’s bodyguard Shera.

Besides Salman, “Race 3” will also feature Anil Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Jacqueline Fernandez, Daisy Shah and Saqib Saleem. The film scheduled to be released coinciding with the Eid festival on June 15.

IANS

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular