Salman leaves Jodhpur Central Jail, will reach Mumbai soon

Salman Khan
Image: HT

Jodhpur, April 7: Superstar Salman Khan has left Jodhpur jail after being granted bail by a Session Court in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case on Saturday.  

He has reached Jodhpur Airport and will soon reach Mumbai.

District and Sessions Court Judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi gave bail to the actor on a personal bond of Rs 50,000.

The Bishnoi community will move the Rajasthan High Court challenging the bail granted to Salman Khan, reports India Today.

Speaking to news agency ANI the Bishnoi community’s lawyer Mahipal Bishnoi said that the 52-year-old actor cannot leave the country without the court’s permission.

The Bollywood superstar will also have to be present on 7 May for the next hearing in the case.

Khan was found guilty under Section 9/51 of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 for killing blackbuck species, hunting of which is prohibited by law.

Following this, the actor was sentenced to a five-year jail term and a fine of Rs 10,000 had been also imposed on him.

The Jodhpur court had acquitted co-accused Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Neelam and Tabu due to lack of strong evidence against them.

The trial of the case was in progress since the last 19 years and the judge in a court here had reserved the order after the final arguments on March 28.

Jeev Raksha Bishnoi Sabha has protested against the decision of acquitting the other accused stars.

Their acquittal will be challenged in the high court, said Shivraj Bishnoi, state president of the organisation.

Salman Khan was accused of killing two blackbucks on October 2, 1998 in Jodhpur’s Kankani village during the shooting of ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’.

On March 25, the Jodhpur Chief Judicial Magistrate Court under Jodhpur District Presiding Officer Devkumar Khatri issued the date for the judgment in the 20-year-old case.

WeForNews 

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts