New Delhi, Aug 7: Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has finally responded to Priyanka Chopra’s sudden exit from Ali Abbas Zafar’s directorial ‘Bharat’.
After refusing to comment on the same at the trailer launch of brother-in-law Aayush Sharma’s upcoming film Loverati in Mumbai, Khan spoke in length about it at the promotion of the movie here in the national capital, reported news agency ANI.
A few days after walking out of the film, it was announced that Priyanka will star opposite Chris Pratt in ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’.
“I am really happy for her. Had we known earlier that she has signed a big film in Hollywood, we would have never stopped her. My shooting had begun. We got to know about her decision of leaving the film at the end moment- just 10 days before her schedule,” said Salman.
He added, “Priyanka had come home and I told her, ‘It’s okay if you don’t want to do it’. At that time, we were given some other reason. Whatever may be the reason – be it marriage or picture or her not being willing to work in India or with me, it’s her reason and we are really supportive about her doing good work. If she does not want to work with Salman Khan, it’s okay; she’s working with a big hero in Hollywood.”
The 52-year-old then thanked Katrina Kaif for coming on board at the end moment.
“So, when Priyanka said it’s not working out because of whatever reason she gave us, we wished her good luck. And then, we went for Katrina. She is already doing ‘Zero’ with Shah Rukh Khan, ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ with Aamir Khan and another film with Yash Raj Films. With all these films, she said yes to ‘Bharat’, because of which we are very grateful to her. She is extremely hard working,” he concluded.
Now, actress Katrina Kaif has been cast as the female lead of the film. In the film, Katrina will play the love interest of Salman. She will be joining the shoot in the upcoming schedule beginning in September.
“Bharat” began production earlier this month and the first look of the film is already out. The film also stars Tabu, Sunil Grover and Nora Fatehi in pivotal roles.
It is a remake of the 2014 South Korean film “Ode to My Father”. Produced by Atul Agnihotri’s Reel Life Productions and Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series, it will hit theatres on June 5, next year.