A day after Jawaharlal Nehru University students union president Kanhaiya Kumar returned to JNU campus after 20 days on charges of sedition and gave a speech to the audience, the student union leader on Friday addressed the media saying, “There is a conspiracy to defame JNU institution.”
- As for allegations against Umar and Anirban, let the court decide the verdict.
- The students have chosen me as their representative and I am not thinking more than this.
- If you ask me, Afzal Guru is not my icon, Rohith Vemula is my icon.
- Will defeat those who are destroying the soul of our Constitution.
- Let me make it clear that I’m not a politician. I am only a student, so I will not run away from your questions.
- Students of JNU are patriotic not anti-national.
- Sacrifice of Rohith Vemula will not go in vain.
- Those who stood up for JNU, stood up for Rohith Vemula.
- We have no personal grievances but ideological conflict.
- Britishers made sedition law to suppress people’s voice.
- Whenever a revolution started, establishment tried to suppress.
- There are a few dark clouds and we will get rid of them soon.
- I strongly condemn the events that happened on February 9, however, if it is sedition or not, the court must decide.
- Constitution of India is not a video that can be doctored.
- There is a conspiracy to defame JNU and other educational institution.
- I want to assure the taxpayers of this country that a JNU student can never be anti-national: Kanhaiya Kumar.