WeForNews | Latest News, Breaking News, News Updates Rewari gangrape: Tubewell owner arrested, Main accused still on the run | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Rewari gangrape: Tubewell owner arrested, Main accused still on the run

Published

on

Sep 16 : The Haryana Police has arrested one person in the 19-year-old Rewari girl gangrape case.The man has been identified as Deen Dayal,the owner of the place where the girl was gang raped on September 12. The mother of the gangrape survivor said that some officials had come to her on Saturday to offer her a compensation cheque of Rs 2 lakh.

She returned the compensation cheque on Sunday while demanding justice and not monetary relief.

“Some officials came yesterday to give me a compensation cheque. I am returning it today, as we want justice & not money. It has now been 5 days & none of the accused have been arrested till now, ” Mother of Rewari gangrape victim.

It had been five days and none of the accused had been arrested until the time she spoke to the agency.

Police sources said on Sunday that raids were being conducted at various locations to arrest the three accused involved in the crime.

The police were questioning relatives, friends and fellow villagers of the accused to know their whereabouts.

On Saturday, the police had detained two persons for questioning in the gang-rape of a 19-year-old board examination topper in Mahendragarh district.

Special Investigating Team (SIT) chief Nazneen Bhasin told media in Rewari that the rape of the young woman had been confirmed in the medical examination. She said that anyone giving information about the accused would get a reward of Rs 1 lakh.

“Around 60 people have been questioned and the crime scene has been identified. The forensic report, which is likely to provide a key breakthrough, is likely to come by this (Sunday) evening,” said Superintendent of Police (Nuh) Nazneen Bhasin. Bhasin is heading the Special Investigation Team commissioned by the Haryana Police.

A Special Investigation Team released the photographs of the three prime accused from the same village as identified by the survivor. The three suspects have been identified as Manish, Nishu and Pankaj. The main accused -Pankaj happens to be a defence personnel serving for the Indian Army in Rajasthan.

As raids are being conducted to nab the three accused, Haryana DGP BS Sandhu said, “Main accused is a serving defence personnel stationed in Rajasthan. We are getting a warrant against him. The other two accused will be nabbed soon.”

A special investigation team (SIT) has been formed under Nuh Superintendent of Police Naazneen Bhasin to investigate the alleged kidnap and gang-rape of a 19-year-old woman in Haryana’s Rewari while main accused is a serving defence personnel stationed in Rajasthan.

A nineteen-year-old CBSE topper from a village near Rewari in Haryana has alleged that she was kidnapped and gang-raped by 12 men.

As the accused continued to evade arrest two days after the incident, the Haryana Police has constituted a SIT  that would be headed by Mewat Superintendent of Police (SP) Naazneen Bhasin, the police said.

A 19-year-old woman was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped by four to five people at Kanina in Haryana’s Mahendergarh district, the local police said.

Nuh Superintendent of Police Naazneen Bhasin visited the 19-year-old gangrape victim at a district hospital in Rewari.

“I have spoken to the victim today, her condition is stable. The main accused have been identified. We are investigating every aspect of the case, “Naazneen Bhasin said.

The victim’s parents have alleged that the local police refused to take their complaint and file a First Information Report or FIR. The parents claimed that they went to several police stations but everyone refused to take the complaint as accused threatened them.

Meanwhile, police said that a “zero FIR” has been launched based on their complaint and investigations are going on. Zero FIR is when an FIR is lodged with a police station that is remote to the area of crime and can be referred to the local police station later.

The police conducted raids to nab the three men accused of raping the girl two days after she was allegedly abducted from Kanina bus-stop while on her way to a coaching centre. She was drugged and driven around the three districts of Haryana before being gang-raped.

According to reports,three people kidnapped her in Kanina from where she was taken to a farm in Jhajjar district, where she was gang-raped by around 12 people. The report also claims that the accused belong to the same village as that of the survivor.

The National Commission for Women has also written to the Haryana DGP seeking updates on the case.
The survivor, who hails from Kosli in Rewari, had recently made national headlines due to her academic achievements in 2016.

Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar on Friday, 14 September said that the law would take its course, and whoever is found guilty would be punished.

The survivor, a second-year college student with a strong academic record, was kidnapped on her way to a coaching centre near her village in Rewari. She has reportedly informed the police that all the rapists were from her village.

The victim’s mother demanded justice for her daughter and questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi citing the slogan – ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’. “My daughter was rewarded by Modi ji after she topped the CBSE board exams. Modi Ji says ‘Beti Padho, Beti Bacho’, but how? I want justice for my daughter. Police has taken no action yet,” she said.

Cities

Farmers’ protest: Heavy police deployment at Ghazipur protest site

On Thursday afternoon, there was a heavy deployment of Delhi Police, Uttar Pradesh Police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the Rapid Action Force in the area.

Published

on

Delhi Police Ghazipur

There was heavy deployment of security personnel at the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh’s Ghazipur border, where farmers from Uttar Pradesh have been protesting against the three farm laws for last two months.

Meanwhile, Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) spokesperson Rakesh Tikait, who has been named in the Delhi Police FIR for the January 26 violence during the ‘Kisan Gantantra parade’ also made his appearance at the site and said that he will raise the issue of snapping of water and electricity supply at the site with the administration.

On Thursday afternoon, there was a heavy deployment of Delhi Police, Uttar Pradesh Police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the Rapid Action Force in the area.

The police also pressed drones for surveillance at the Ghazipur protest site, where the farmers have been sitting on protest against the three farm laws since November last year.

Addressing media, Tikait said: “I will meet the police and administration as they have cut the electricity supply and also stopped the drinking water facility since last night. And when there is no electricity and water supply, then it will affect our movement.”

The Ghazipur protest site has seen several people leaving the protest site after the January 26 violence at several places in the national capital.

On Thursday, there were around 500 farmers and over 100 tractors, against the thousands there for last two months.

Continue Reading

Cities

SP demands FIR against Delhi Police, top BJP leaders for R-Day violence

Even after this big conspiracy, farmers did not lose patience. I salute the patience of the farmers and once again demand from the Centre that it should withdraw the farm laws, the SP leader said

Published

on

Ram Govind Chaudhary

Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Ram Govind Chaudhary on Thursday said instead of farmers, an FIR should be registered against the Delhi police commissioner and top BJP leaders for the violence in New Delhi on Republic Day.

“The chaos and the unfurling of a religious flag at the Red Fort on January 26 is a conspiracy of the Delhi police, which is under the home ministry and the top leadership of the BJP, to weaken the farmers’ agitation. For this, the Delhi Police and the leadership of the Bharatiya Janata Party should be condemned. Instead of farmers, an FIR should be registered against the Delhi police commissioner and the BJP leaders, whose names have surfaced in connection with Deep Sidhu…,” the Samajwadi Party (SP) leader said in a statement.

“Even after this big conspiracy, farmers did not lose patience. It is not a minor thing. I salute the patience of the farmers and once again demand from the Centre that instead of weakening the farmers’ agitation, it should withdraw the farm laws. The farmers of the entire country are shocked by the conspiracy and attitude of people occupying top positions,” he added.

The SP, under the leadership of its president Akhilesh Yadav, is and will remain in support of the ongoing farmers’ movement, Chaudhary said.

Continue Reading

Cities

CJI cites Internet shutdown on Jan 26 amid Tablighi Jamaat hearing

“It’s as important as providing lathis to policemen…and deploying barricades. It’s an important preventive part of the law and order situation,” said the Chief Justice, drawing an analogy.

Published

on

By

Mobile tower

New Delhi, Jan 28 : The Supreme Court while hearing a Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind petition against fake and motivated news during the Nizammuddin Markaz incident, cited the Internet ban as a preventive measure to contain violence, taken by the authorities during farmers protest in Delhi on January 26.

A bench headed by Chief Justice S.A. Bobde emphasized that at some point in time the government has to control news and cited the shutting down of Internet in various parts of the capital following violence on streets on Republic Day.

The Chief Justice said the government shut down the Internet over mobile because of the farmers visit to Delhi and so “couldn’t it do the same when it finds certain news channel indulging in bad reporting, which may lead to violence or targeting a certain community”.

“I’m using the non controversial term… You have shut down internet mobile…These are problems that can arise anywhere…,” said the Chief Justice.

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, representing the Centre, objected to the word ‘visit’ used by the Chief Justice.

To which, Chief Justice replied that he “deliberately was using a non-controversial word”.

After making this reference to the January 26 incident, when farmers rampaged through the national capital, the top court got back to the hearing on the matter in hand in which various petitioners had objected to the motivated reporting by various media houses against the Muslim community post the Markaz incident that was regarded as a superspreader of Covid in March 2020.

The Chief Justice emphasized that “fair and truthful reporting is normally not a problem, but the problem begins when it is used to agitate others and target a particular community”.

The Chief Justice stressed that “controlling the flow of information, which may cause damage is extremely important and it should be done through preventive measures”.

“It’s as important as providing lathis to policemen…and deploying barricades. It’s an important preventive part of the law and order situation,” said the Chief Justice, drawing an analogy.

The top court said that the government is not doing its bit to control new channels showing programs which instigate a community.

“There are programs which instigated or impacted a community. But as a government, you do nothing,” the Chief Justice told Mehta.

The Chief Justice also told Mehta: “Control over some news is as important as some preventive measure and check law and order situation. I don’t know why you are blind to this. I don’t mean anything offensive but you are doing nothing about it.”

The court has posted the matter for further hearing after three weeks.

Jamiat and others have moved the top court citing bad reporting by various media houses, which demonized the Muslim community in the backdrop of the Nizamuddin Markaz incident.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular