Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was said to be electrocuted during a road show in Agra. The reports asserting the same have been set aside and are untrue.
The earlier reports stated that Rahul Gandhi experienced a minor shock on Saturday from a live wire during the road show in Agra.
Stating the reports untrue, news agency ANI asserted that “News that Rahul Gandhi got electrocuted in Agra (UP) is incorrect; the wire which fell on Gandhi was not a live wire.”
News that Rahul Gandhi got electrocuted in Agra (UP) is incorrect, the wire which fell on Gandhi was not a live wire.
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) October 1, 2016
This incident happened when Rahul was felicitating the statue of Agrasen at the Fountain Square in Agra.
Congress leader subsequently asked supporters to stay alert and not throw any flowers on the statue.