Delhi, 14 Nov: After the Narendra Modi-led Central government announced to scrap the old currency to curb black money in the country, people are facing a lot of struggle and problems for getting new currency.
Another major problem for the laymen is how to check the new currency. As many cases of cheating have been reported where people have been duped with fake currency notes in exchange of old currency.
A farmer was duped with a fake Rs 2,000 banknote in Karnataka’s Chikkamagaluru district.The farmer, identified as Ashok, was at the APMC market on Saturday to sell onions. A buyer reportedly bought some his produce and paid with the fake note. Afterward, Ashok showed the note to his friends, who found that the note is a mere photocopy of the original note.
In a hurry to get the new currency keep in mind the guidelines issued by Reserve bank of India to check your Rs 2,000 currency note.
Here is the 17 points you need to know about the security features
1. The denomination numeral 2000 can been seen when held against light.
2. Latent image of the numeral 2000 can be seen on the back of the note keeping at 45 degree angle to the eye.
3. Numeral 2000 written in Devnagari script.
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the centre.
5. Micro letter ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’.
6. RBI, Bharat in Devnagari and 2000, on the security thread. Colour changes from green to blue.
7. Guarantee Clause, RBI Governor’s signature with promise clause and RBI emblem towards right.
8. Watermark of Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait and electrotype 2000 watermark
9. On the number panel, numerals growing small to big on top left and bottom right.
10. Denomination with rupee symbol in colour changing ink on bottom right.
11. Ashok Pillar emblem on the right.
For visually impaired
Raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashok pillar, bleed lines and identification mark.
12. Horizontal rectangle with raised 2000 printing on the right
13. Seven raised angular bleed lines on the right and left side
14. Year of printing note.
15. Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan.
16. Language panel towards centre.
17. Motif of Mangalyaan.