Rajasthan police took ‘3-hours’ to take Alwar lynching victim to hospital

New Delhi, July 23: The Rajasthan police reportedly took three-hours in taking Alwar lynching victim to the hospital which was around 4 km away from Lalawandi.

According to the FIR, the police received a call at 12.41 am on Saturday from Naval Kishore Sharma, chief of VHP’s Gau Raksha cell in Ramgarh, regarding a suspected case of cow smuggling, they took Sharma along to the incident spot, spotted an injured and muddied Rakbar, washed him, questioned him briefly on the spot, and then took him to the Ramgarh Community Health Centre (CHC), where he was declared brought dead.

Reacting to media reports on a delay by the police in taking the victim to the hospital, Rajasthan minister Gulab Chand Kataria stated: “We will get this information verified and if it is found true, we will take action against those responsible”.

Meanwhile, Cricitsing the state police,  All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen chief Asaduddin Owaisi said “Rajasthan police’s actions are not a surprise to me, they did the same in Tilu khan murder case. Rajasthan police is supporting cow vigilantes. These Gau Rakshaks and police are in this together”.

Following the reports, Rajasthan DGP OP Galhotra on Monday ordered constitution of a team of senior police officials to investigate the case and asked the team to submit a report.

Rakbar Khan alias Akbar, a resident of Haryana and was transporting two cows along with an associate, Aslam Khan, when a group of people allegedly stopped them on Friday. While Rakbar was thrashed on suspicion of cow smuggling and Aslam managed to escape.

Khan told the officers that he and his associate Aslam had purchased the cows from Ladpur and were on their way to their village when they were mistaken for cow smugglers and attacked.

“My limbs are broken,” said Khan covered in mud before collapsing.

On the related note, three persons- Dharmendra Yadav,  Naresh Singh and Paramjeet Singh have been arrested so far.


Related Posts