Rahul Gandhi2.0 likely in April | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Rahul Gandhi2.0 likely in April – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Published

on

New Delhi, Feb 20 : Rahul Gandhi is set to return as party President in April, said party sources here in New Delhi on Thursday.

It is expected to be after the Budget Session and might coincide with Baisakhi, the harvest festival.

The Congress is mulling on calling a plenary session in April just to formalise Gandhi’s re-appointment.

In 2017, Rahul Gandhi was elected President unopposed following demand from different quarters of the party, but after the drubbing faced by the party in the 2019 General Elections that saw the Congress barely getting over 50 seats, losing out to even being called the Opposition, Gandhi resigned in May taking the responsibility of poll debacle.

Rejecting apprehensions, a party leader said: “The leader must be accepted from Mizoram to Porbandar and the party is considering all the factors in place. The leader has to be a homogeneous entity accepted to all.

“So nobody can guide us to chose our leader. It is the party which will decide who will lead the us. And not somebody from outside.”

The Congress Working Committee (CWC) appointed Sonia Gandhi as interim President in August last year.

While many party leaders have been demanding the appointment of the party president, including Shashi Tharoor, who has been advocating elections to the CWC, said: “I renew my appeal to CWC to hold leadership elections to energise workers and inspire voters.”

The Kerala MP added: “Some have asked who should vote for what. I was referring to my earlier call — eight months ago — for elections among the 10,000 party workers who constitute the ‘AICC plus PCC delegates’ list. These should be for the elected seats in the CWC as well as for the Party Presidency.”

While Congress has reacted sharply to Tharoor and other leaders statements, Randeep Surjewala the chief spokesperson said: “Those who are talking of CWC should go and read the resolution which appointed Sonia Gandhi as Interim head of the party.”

Maharashtra leader, Sanjay Nirupam said: “Its inane discussion. No one from outside the family can lead Congress at this juncture. RahulGandhi is the only leader who can lead the party and can save it. Other leaders are just a group leader & such leaders at the helm will encourage more groupism. Period!”

Nirupam’s reaction came after late Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit’s son, Sandeep Dikshit in an interview questioned the party’s “continued inaction” mode. And also named senior leaders who should contribute “more” in the decision making.

The working Committee will take a call as and when required, it had said.

The Congress has been decimated to its lowest level in the just concluded elections and once more the question of leadership is being raised from within the party.

The Congress leader said that if Rahul gandhi had been President the result could have been better in various state election especially in Haryana and Maharashtra.

Disaster

Yediyurappa to work from home as staffers test positive

“I am healthy. No one needs to worry. I will give advice and issue instructions through video conference,” tweeted Yediyurappa in Kannada.

Published

on

By

Yediyurappa

Bengaluru, July 10 : Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa would work from his official residence in the city centre for a few days, as some of his staffers at his home office tested Covid-19 positive, an official said on Friday.

“Yediyurappa, 78, will work from his official residence ”Cauvery” for some days after some staff members at his home office ”Krishna” tested positive for the virus,” an official of the Chief Minister’s office told IANS here.

The Chief Minister has cancelled all official engagements till further notice and will hold video conferences with officials and ministers on Covid-19 and other issues.

“I am healthy. No one needs to worry. I will give advice and issue instructions through video conference,” tweeted Yediyurappa in Kannada.

Continue Reading

India

Dubey killed to cover up his links: Kapil Sibal

Published

on

By

Kapil Sibal

New Delhi, July 10 (IANS) Congress leader Kapil Sibal on Friday said that the encounter killing of gangster Vikas Dubey was predicted by many persons and questioned if it was done to cover up his alleged political links.

“Killed in an encounter. Predicted by many, wilful incompetence. Or, is it a conspiracy to destroy evidence linking Vikas to certain parties and individuals?”

“Commission to investigate politician-police-criminal nexus in UP,” the Supreme Court lawyer added.

Dubey was being transferred from Madhya Pradesh”s Ujjain when he was killed by police after he tried to flee from their custody in Bhauti area near Kanpur on Friday morning. He was wanted for the killing of eight police officials on July 3 in Bikru village in Kanpur district.

–IANS

Continue Reading

Cities

Opposition slams Yogi govt over Vikas Dubey encounter

Published

on

Akhilesh Yadav

Lucknow/New Delhi, July 10 : The opposition parties on Friday slammed the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government over the encounter of dreaded gangster Vikas Dubey, while being brought back to the state from Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain.

Former Chief Minister and Samajwadi Party Chief Akhilesh Yadav took to twitter and wrote, “Actually. his car has not overturned, but the government has been saved from turning over the secret.”

His remarks came soon after Dubey died on Friday morning after being critically injured in an alleged shootout with the STF officials on Friday morning near Kanpur. The gangster was shot when he reportedly tried to flee, following a road accident in which the vehicle he was travelling in overturned near Kanpur. Dubey was taken to the emergency ward of the Hallett Hospital. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kanpur Dinesh Kumar said that the doctors have confirmed the death of Vikas Dubey.

Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Jayant Chaudhary also slammed the BJP government over the “encounter rule” in the state and urged all the judges to resign. “After Vikas Dubey”s encounter, all the judges of the country should resign. There is no need of court in BJP”s encounter rule,” Chaudhary said in a series of tweets. “All this drama has been created to save the real culprits of killing eight policemen,” the RLD leader said in another tweet.

Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader and Rajya Sabha MP Manoj Kumar Jha also criticised the Uttar Pradesh government over the encounter saying the “black truth” of the entire “syndicate” has also been “encountered” along with Dubey. “If the news of the Vikas Dubey death in the encounter is true, then accept that the black truth of the entire syndicate has also been encountered. The system has saved itself from being naked. How the story is so simple from yesterday”s visuals of Mahakal temple to the story till today morning. Proceed with this as the final truth (sic),” Jha tweeted.

According to reports, as the convoy bringing Dubey from Madhya Pradesh”s Ujjain reached the Bhauti area under the Barra police circle in Kanpur on Friday morning, the vehicle in which Vikas was seated, overturned after skidding on the road due to heavy rain.

Dubey, along with two other police personnel in the vehicle, was injured in the accident. As soon as the gangster was taken out of the vehicle, he allegedly snatched a pistol from the STF team and tried to fire at the police. He was fatally injured in retaliatory firing. Dubey received a bullet injury in the chest which proved fatal. Five members of the Dubey gang have been killed in police encounters over the past seven days.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular