Pune court to hear NIA plea in Koregaon-Bhima on Feb 6 | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Pune court to hear NIA plea in Koregaon-Bhima on Feb 6 – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Pune court to hear NIA plea in Koregaon-Bhima on Feb 6

Monday’s development comes barely a day after the Maharashtra government extended the tenure of the Bhima Koregaon commission of enquiry by two months before it was scheduled to expire on February 8.

Published

on

Bhima-Koregaon violence

Pune, Feb 3: A Pune sessions court will hear the National Investigation Agency’s (NIA) plea to transfer the Elgar Parishad-Bhima-Koregaon case papers on February 6.

The development came after both the prosecution and defence lawyers sought more time to file their replies in the matter.

On January 29, the NIA had moved the Pune court seeking transfer of the case to the special NIA court in Mumbai, and handing over of all the documents, files and evidences to the NIA by the Pune Police, which investigated the cases since the past two years.

Since over a week, the NIA has been seeking handing over of the cases after the Centre transferred them to the NIA, and it has filed a fresh chargesheet in the Mumbai Court on January 27.

However, the Maha Vikas Aghadi government is examining legal options before taking a final decision in the matter even as the Centre’s move came for severe flak from the leaders of the ruling Shiv Sena-Nationalist Congress Party-Congress alliance.

Monday’s development comes barely a day after the Maharashtra government extended the tenure of the Bhima Koregaon commission of enquiry by two months before it was scheduled to expire on February 8.

The commission head, retired Chief Justice J.N. Patel of Calcutta High Court, had expressed displeasure over three months’ pending salaries of its staff following which the state government swung into action.

India

After Priyanka Eviction, Govt Clarifies that Advani-Joshi allotted bungalows on security grounds

Advani and Joshi have got government accommodation on the instructions of the Ministry of Home Affairs on the basis of threat perception. Both of them also have Z-plus security.

Published

on

By

LK Advani Manohar Joshi

New Delhi, July 3 : The ruling party and the opposition have been at loggerheads ever since the central government ordered Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to vacate the government bungalow allotted to her in New Delhi. The Congress is accusing the government of adopting double standards with regard to the Gandhi family. In such a situation, the government has issued a clarification.

The government said that on the basis of the Public Premises Amendment Bill 2019, Priyanka has been ordered to vacate the government bungalow. This amended law came into force in September 2019.

It has also been said by the government that accommodation is provided for a specified period to those who are in public service. According to this rule, government accommodation cannot be allotted on the basis of security other than to those who are SPG protected. Priyanka had been getting SPG protection since 1997, so she was allotted government accommodation. But now she is not getting SPG protection.

On giving government accommodation to senior BJP leaders Lal Krishna Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi, the Centre has said that the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation has decided to give Advani and Joshi government accommodation as an exception based on security threat perception. Based on this rule, Advani can live in a government bungalow for his lifetime, while Joshi is entitled to a government bungalow till June 25, 2022.

Advani and Joshi have got government accommodation on the instructions of the Ministry of Home Affairs on the basis of threat perception. Both of them also have Z-plus security.

The Urban Housing Ministry has asked Priyanka to vacate the Lodhi Road government bungalow within a month or by August 1. Besides, she has also been asked to pay the outstanding rent of Rs 3.46 lakh for the bungalow. The Ministry has said in the notice that due to withdrawal of SPG security, she cannot live in a government bungalow now as per the rule.

In an official release, the Ministry has said that if she does not vacate the bungalow in a month, she will have to pay a fine.

Continue Reading

India

Rahul Gandhi on Kanpur firing: Another proof of hooliganism in Uttar Pradesh

A massive search operation has been launched to nab Vikas Dubey. The police are also using electronic surveillance. The police have recovered cartridges of AK-47 from the site of the incident.

Published

on

By

Rahul Gandhi

New Delhi, July 3 : Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday raised questions about the safety of the common people in Uttar Pradesh after eight policemen were shot dead in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district.

“Another proof of hooliganism in Uttar Pradesh. When the police are not safe, how will the public be?” Rahul Gandhi said, quoting a news report.

He also extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased police personnel and wished a speedy recovery to those injured.

Eight police personnel, including a circle officer, were shot dead and six policemen seriously injured when a local criminal Vikas Dubey and his gang sprayed them with bullets in Kanpur.

Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has expressed grief over the incident and offered his condolences to the families of the deceased.

A massive search operation has been launched to nab Vikas Dubey. The police are also using electronic surveillance. The police have recovered cartridges of AK-47 from the site of the incident.

Continue Reading

Cities

Eight policemen killed by gangster in Kanpur

Vikas Dubey, meanwhile, is wanted in over 100 criminal cases. He had shot dead a minister rank leader inside a police station a few years ago.

Published

on

By

Eight Police Men Killed Kanpur

Kanpur, July 3 : In a shocking incident, eight police personnel, including a circle officer, were shot dead and six policemen seriously injured when a local criminal, Vikas Dubey, and his gang sprayed them with bullets in Vikru village under Chaubeypur police circle in Kanpur in the wee hours of Friday.

The deceased include circle officer Bilhaur and station officer of Bithoor.

The injured policemen have been admitted to the hospital.

According to reports, the police team comprising about 50 police personnel had gone to the village around 3.30 a.m. after receiving a tip-off about the presence of Vikas Dubey there.

Dubey and his men had stationed a JCB to block their way and then started firing from the terrace of a house as soon as the police team entered their lane.

The gangster and his men later looted the arms of the policemen who ran away to save their lives.

All senior police officials including ADG Kanpur, IG and others have reached the spot.

UP DGP H.C. Awasthi and ADG law and order Prashant Kumar are also reaching the spot.

Vikas Dubey, meanwhile, is wanted in over 100 criminal cases. He had shot dead a minister rank leader inside a police station a few years ago.

Police is launched search operation for Vikas and his team as they are now absconding.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular