Pulwama-like tragedy averted in Kashmir, IED-laden car timely seized | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Pulwama-like tragedy averted in Kashmir, IED-laden car timely seized – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Pulwama-like tragedy averted in Kashmir, IED-laden car timely seized

However, the driver, who is said to be a Hizbul Mujahideen militant, managed to escape after initial firefight in the cover of drakness.

Published

on

Jammu and Kashmir Shopian Indian Army

Srinagar, May 28 : A major terror plot was averted in Jammu and Kashmir after the security forces recovered a car laden with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district. The explosive laden car was said to be placed at a strategic location to target a security forces convoy or a defence installation.

The explosive was kept in a blue drum inside the car. A bomb disposal squad reached the spot on Thursday morning. People were asked to move away from the vicinity. The bomb disposal squad then instead of defusing the explosive, exploded the vehicle.

The Jammu and Kashmir Police tweeted: “A major incident of a vehicle borne IED blast is averted by the timely input and action by Pulwama Police, CRPF and the Army.”

As per the reports, late on Wednesday night, a car was intercepted by the security forces from Rajpora in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district. The police had a specific input about a lone car, which was tracked to Shaadipura, (Rajpura road) in Pulwama.

However, the driver, who is said to be a Hizbul Mujahideen militant, managed to escape after initial firefight in the cover of drakness.

Investigationn so far have revelaed that the white colour santro car had a number plate of a two- wheeler, which was registered in the name of a resident of Jammu’s Kathua.

In February 2019, 40 CRPF soldiers were killed in a similar IED laden car driven by a Adil Ahmed Dar, a Jaish terrorist. Later in April last year, a similar failed attempt of exploding IED happened in Banihal in which Hizbul terror module was said to be involved. Both cases of terror conspiracy are being investigated by NIA.

India

Mayawati for SC inquiry into Vikas Dubey’s death

Published

on

By

Mayawati

Bahujan Samaj Party national president Mayawati has demanded an inquiry by the Supreme Court into the death of gangster Vikas Dubey in a police encounter in Kanpur on Friday. He was the main accused in the murder of eight policemen in Kanpur.

Mayawati tweeted, saying, “The overturning of the police vehicle and the subsequent death of gangster Vikas Dubey in the ensuing encounter following his attempt to escape from the UP police custody must be investigated under the supervision of the Supreme Court.”

“The high-level inquiry is also necessary to deliver justice to the families of the 8 policemen killed in the Kanpur massacre. The inquiry must also unravel the nexus between the police and politicians and punish all those found guilty,” Mayawati added.

Kanpur SSP Dinesh Kumar has confirmed the death of Vikas Dubey in the encounter. According to him, after the vehicle overturned, Vikas Dubey tried to flee with the weapons of the policemen. When the police tried to stop him, he fired and was killed in the retaliatory fire by the police.

–IANS

Continue Reading

India

KCR promises to build mosque, temple in new Secretariat complex

Published

on

K Chandrashekhar Rao

Chief Minister Telangana K Chandrashekhar Rao on Friday announced that Government will re-build the places of worships that were demolished in the ongoing demolition work at Secretariat.

The demolition of two Masjids and a temple during the ongoing demolition work at secretariat has caused outrage with many religious bodies lashing out the Chief Minister’s decision.

In a press released Chief has expressed his regret and pain over some inconvenience caused to the temple and Mosque in the Secretariat premises due to the demolition works taking place there. The CM declared that in the new Secretariat premises itself, a new temple and Mosque would be constructed in a more spacious site, at the government’s cost.

“The government has began to construct a new Secretariat Building Complex by demolishing the old buildings. I came to know that, while demolishing the multistoried old buildings, the temple and mosque adjacent to the old buildings were damaged due to fall of the debris on them. I felt sorry about the incident. It should not have happened.

The government’s intention is to build a new complex by demolishing the old buildings without causing any damage to the temple or the Mosque,” the CM clarified.

“We will construct a temple and Mosque in the Secretariat premises in a more spacious way even it means spending of crores of rupees. We will construct the temple and Mosque at the government cost and handed them over the people concerned. I will have a meeting with the Temple and Mosque organisers on this matter very soon.

After discussing with them, along with the new Secretariat, places of worship will also be constructed and handed over to the concerned. This is my promise,” the CM declared.

“Telangana State is a secular State. We will continue the secular spirit come what may. This incident happened unexpectedly. Everyone should understand this properly without prejudice,” the CM urged. Categories



Continue Reading

India

Cancel exams, pass students on past performances: Rahul

Published

on

By

Rahul Gandhi Video Conf

Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Friday questioned the University Grants Commission (UGC)’s decision to hold examinations during the Covid-19 pandemic, calling it “extremely unfair”.

With #SpeakUpForStudents, Rahul tweeted, “It is extremely unfair to conduct exams during the Covid19 pandemic. UGC must hear the voice of the students and academics. Exams should be cancelled and students promoted on basis of past performance.” (sic)

The UGC has decided to hold final-year examinations for college and university students compulsorily. 

Former UGC chairman Sukhadeo Thorat, who remained in his office between 2006 and 2011, has called the UGC’s move as “unfortunate”.

“The UGC’s latest advisory on examinations is unfortunate because it takes us backwards rather than forward. It effectively extends the period for holding of exams (for final-year/semester cohorts) until September, the second such postponement. And it creates fresh uncertainty for states that had already decided to cancel exams,” Thorat wrote in a letter to current UGC chairman Dhirendra Pal Singh on Thursday as reported by The Print.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular