Bollywood has stopped giving me offers since I started speaking out against Modi: Prakash Raj

Prakash Raj

New Delhi, May 5: National Award-winning actor Prakash Raj claims that Bollywood has stopped offering any role to him since he started criticising Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

The 53-year-old actor told The Print that since October last year, when he first criticised the Prime Minister for his “chilling” silence on the murder of journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh, the Hindi film industry has sidelined him.

Raj has launched a broadside against the top BJP leadership, and is now campaigning against the party in the Karnataka assembly elections.

Rai, who has acted in over ten Hindi films, is unfazed by the development as he still gets offers from southern films, including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada. “There is no problem (with the film industry) in the south, but there has been no offer from the Hindi film industry since I started speaking out,” the actor told The Print. Prakash Raj, however, says he’s not worried because he has “enough” (money).

Gauri Lankesh was shot dead outside her house in Bengaluru by unidentified assailants in September last year. Raj, a long-time friend of Lankesh, said that her death had left him disturbed. The actor also accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of attempting to silence him.

“Gauri’s death disturbed me a lot… She was asking questions. When she was silenced, I felt guilty. Did we leave her alone in her fight? The more I question, the more attempts to silence me, be it (by) character assassination, threat or (by) trying to stop my work… it’s the BJP,” Raj quoted as saying.

WeForNews

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts