Popular Malayalam actress Kalpana dies at 50 | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Popular Malayalam actress Kalpana dies at 50 – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Popular Malayalam actress Kalpana dies at 50

Published

on

Malayalam actress, Kalpana, dies

Popular Malayalam film actress Kalpana passed away on Monday in a Hyderabad hotel, film director Sibi Malayil said.

The actress, after found in an unconscious state in the hotel, was rushed to a hospital where the doctors declared her brought dead. She is believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest, Malayil said.

The 50-year-old actress had acted in more than 300 films and was in Hyderabad to attend a private function.

She had bagged the National Award for the Best Supporting Actress for her performance in “Thanichalla Njan”.

Popular actress Urvashi and Kalaranjini are her siblings

Wefornews Bureau

Entertainment

Urvashi Rautela attends Natalie Portman’s online master class

“It’s a first time, first women in class. There is unlimited access. She will be giving all her experience, all her insights from her 25-year long career,” Urvashi added.

Published

on

By

Red hot Urvashi Rautela

New Delhi, May 27 : Actress Urvashi Rautela has been attending an online master class by Hollywood star Natalie Portman.

“This pandemic has taught me to explore more about myself and now I have been taking an online master class from Natalie Portman, she is an Oscar-winning actress and she was part of my favourite films ‘Black Swan’ and ‘Jackie’,” Urvashi told IANS.

“It’s a first time, first women in class. There is unlimited access. She will be giving all her experience, all her insights from her 25-year long career,” Urvashi added.

The actress, who has worked in films like “Great Grand Masti” and “Pagalpanti”, calls acting a joyful experience.

“Acting is a very joyful experience for me and I think she (Natalie) the best choice. It’s all about learning the technicality, she will be sharing all the direct approaches towards acting including how to build a character map, how to research for the character, how to work with the director, how to build the physicality and consciousness to each character,” she said.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ayushmann replies to Mumbai Police’s ‘Gulabo Sitabo’ inspired meme

This is not the first time Mumbai Police has used a reference from a Bollywood film to create awareness.

Published

on

By

Gulabo Sitabo

Mumbai, May 27 : Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana has replied to the COVID-19 meme inspired by his upcoming film, “Gulabo Sitabo”, which has been shared by Mumbai Police.

Mumbai Police on their official account tweeted a still from the film, featuring Ayushamann with his co-star Amitabh Bachchan.

The caption, in Marathi, read: “Home is yours, land is yours, choice is yours, but for going out, permission is ours, for your safety. The safest place to stay away from Coronavirus is your haveli. Do not go out without any reason. Stay safe”

Ayushmann replied to the tweet: “Agdi barobar @DGPMaharashtra Police Gharat Surakshik, baher sadhya nahi (absolutely true Maharashtra Police, home/staying indoors is safe, outside isn’t).”

This is not the first time Mumbai Police has used a reference from a Bollywood film to create awareness.

Previously they have tweeted with stills and dialogues from films like “Main Hoon Na” and “Stree” among many others.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Italian music icon Andrea Bocelli survives COVID-19

Last week in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the singer revealed his family had been sick with COVID-19.

Published

on

By

Andrea Bocelli

Los Angeles, May 27 : Italian music icon Andrea Bocelli has confirmed that he had tested positive for the coronavirus in March, adding that he made “full recovery” before his historic Easter Sunday webcast at the Milan cathedral.

In a Facebook post shared on Tuesday, the opera singer explained he did not reveal his diagnosis earlier because he wanted to protect his family’s privacy, reports variety.com.

The 61-year-old added that he hid the news because he didn’t want to “unnecessarily alarm” his fans, saying that he has donated his blood to help researchers find a cure for coronavirus.

“The pandemic which has shaken the world has also affected — albeit mildly — me and certain members of my family,” Bocelli said, adding: “I certainly didn’t want to unnecessarily alarm my fans and also wished to protect my family’s privacy.”

He continued: “We were fortunate enough to have a swift and full recovery by the end of March. Given the chance to donate blood to help find a cure for Covid, my response was an immediate ‘yes’. A modest — but fundamental — gesture, through which I am playing my small part.”

Last week in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the singer revealed his family had been sick with COVID-19.

“I was able to be with my entire family and we all got infected. We had a fever, then we were cold, and then we got a little bit of a cough,” he said.

Bocelli, who has been blind since age 12, broke YouTube records last month on Easter Sunday with his “Music For Hope” concert. The performance was viewed by more than 28 million people worldwide in its first 24 hours and has currently been viewed more than 40 million times.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular