Police complaint lodged against Dilip Ghosh | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Police complaint lodged against Dilip Ghosh – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Police complaint lodged against Dilip Ghosh

Published

on

Dilip Ghosh

Kolkata, Jan 14 : A police complaint was lodged on Tuesday against BJP West Bengal unit president Dilip Ghosh for his threat to “beat up” and “shoot’ ” anti-CAA protesters, whom he called “infiltrators”.

The complaint was registered in Ranaghat police station of Nadia district by a Trinamool Congress worker Krishnendu Banerjee, who alleged that Ghosh was inciting communal passion.

Addressing a party rally on Sunday in Ranathat, about 80 km from Kolkata, Ghosh went ballistic, saying the governments in BJP-ruled Assam, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh have shot dead “like dogs” those protesting against the new Citizenship (Amendment) Act.

Alleging there were one crore infiltrators in the state, Ghosh had accused them of destroying public property worth Rs 500-600 crore during the violent protests against the CAA last month.

“Friends, please know these people who are opposing Hindus and Bengalis. In whose interest are they doing this? There are one crore infiltrators. They are having their meals and staying here on our money”.

He accused the state’s Mamata Banerjee government of remaining silent a spectator to the violence.

“This (violence) happened because there was neither any baton charge, nor firing, nor was any FIR filed. Why? Didi’s (elder sister, as Mamata Banerjee is popularly called) police did not arrest anybody… because they vote for her”.

He then referred to the three states ruled by the BJP.

“In Assam, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh, our governments have shot dead these devils like dogs. They were taken elsewhere and then again cases were filed against them. They will come here, eat, stay, and then destroy property. Do they think this is their zamindari?”

He had said once a BJP government was installed in Bengal, “We will hit them with sticks, shoot them and also send them to jail. Our governments have done exactly that. Mamata Banerjee doesn’t have the guts to do anything”.

However, his incendiary comments did not meet the approval of sections in the party.

Union Minister Babul Supriyo came out with a tweet slamming Ghosh and distancing the BJP from the comments.

“Very irresponsible of Dilip Da to have said what he said. It is a figment of his imagination… BJP governments in UP and Assam have never resorted to shooting people for whatever reason,” he tweeted.

Supriyo’s tweet was retweeted by nominated Rajya Sabha member Swapan Dasgupta, considered close to both Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah.

But Ghosh did not budge,and aggressively asked whether the party was being run by Shah or Supriyo.

“People comment according to their understanding. What I feel is that our governments have done it, and so I said all that. If we get a chance we will also do such things,” he said, sticking to his earlier comments.

Supriyo also hit back. “Just as he has remarked ‘whatever Babul Supriyo has understood he has said’, similarly I am saying this is Dilip da’s personal opinion, and it has no connection with the party”.

Cities

International prostitution racket busted in Bengaluru

The accused first brought a Bangladeshi girl here, rented a home and started exploring the city for flesh trade. The second girl was brought here later.

Published

on

By

Kolkata spa sex racket

Bengaluru, Jan 24: A human trafficking and international prostitution racket was busted here by the city’s Crime Branch and three people arrested, an official said on Friday.

“Two Bangladeshi girls, aged around 20, have been rescued and sent to a women’s care home,” DCP, Central Crime Branch, Kuldeep Jain to IANS.

The arrested persons were identified as Lipi, Mondal and Hussain, he said, adding Lipi and Hussain are from Bangladesh while Mondal is from Delhi.

The accused first brought a Bangladeshi girl here, rented a home and started exploring the city for flesh trade. The second girl was brought here later.

The three were produced before a local court, which sent them to judicial custody, Jain said.

Continue Reading

Cities

2G internet on mobiles will be restored in Kashmir from midnight

An order issued on Friday said that access will be limited to whitelisted sites only, not any social media applications.

Published

on

Postpaid Mobile in Kashmir

New Delhi, Jan 24: In a major decision by the Jammu & Kashmir government, 2G internet services will be thrown open across all the 20 districts in the Union Territory effective Saturday.

This is the biggest breakthrough in internet connectivity in the region since August 5 last year when the government imposed restrictions on mobile internet in J&K after the abrogation of Article 370.

With 2G internet services set to be restored in all 20 districts of J&K from Saturday, all post-paid and prepaid subscribers will get access to internet. However, access will be limited to 301 whitelisted websites.

An order issued on Friday said that access will be limited to whitelisted sites only, not any social media applications.

Data services will be available on post-paid and prepaid mobile connections where the credentials have been identified.

The communication facilities provided by the government by way of internet kiosks and e-terminals apart from special arrangement for tourists, students and traders will continue.

The directions will be effective from Saturday and will be in force till January 31 unless modified earlier, said an order issued by Shaleen Kabra, Principal Secretary, J&K government.

The Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) shall continue with the process of verification of credentials of prepaid sim holders as per the norms applicable for post-paid connections, the order said.

The internet restrictions are being relaxed by the government in stages. On January 14, the government had announced that low-speed 2G mobile internet services shall be restored in two out 10 districts of the Kashmir Valley — Bandipur and Kupwara — and all the 10 districts of Jammu region for 153 whitelisted websites.

The move came after the Supreme Court asked the government to review the internet ban in J&K, calling it a part of Freedon of Speech as mentioned in the Constitution.

Continue Reading

Cities

Madras High Court dismisses case against Rajinikanth

Published

on

By

Rajinikanth

Chennai, Jan 24 : The Madras High Court on Friday dismissed the case filed against actor Rajinikanth for his comments made about a rally led by Dravida Kazhagham (DK) founder E.V.Ramaswamy popularly known as Periyar.

The case was filed by Dravidar Vidhuthalai Kazhagam (DVK).

While hearing the case the court wondered why the petitioner had approached it within 15 days of lodging a police complaint.

At this state the counsel for the petitioner sought the court’s permission to withdraw the petition and the court dismissed the same.

At the Tamil magazine Thuglak’s 50th anniversary function, Rajinikanth had said that “in 1971, naked images of Lord Rama and Sita were allegedly displayed in a rally led by Periyar in Salem”. He said that whatever happened in that rally was reported by the media at the time.

The followers of the social activist, who started the ‘self-respect movement’ and founded DK, said that Rajinikanth’s comments were an insult to Periyar.

While some groups have demanded an apololgy from Rajinikanth, the actor has categorically refused to do so.

Speaking to reporters outside his residence recently, Rajinikanth showed some photocopies of media reports in support of his comments and said that he will not apologise.

The DVK has registered a complaint with the Coimbatore police against Rajinikanth for defaming the DK founder.

The DVK complained that Rajinikanth’s statement was false and urged the police to file a case against him.

The DVK also threatened protests outside the theatres showing the actor’s latest movie “Darbar” if he did not apologise.

The DK followers does not agree with Rajinikanth’s statement that naked images of Lord Rama and Sita were allegedly displayed in a rally led by Periyar in Salem.

On the other hand, they agreed that the image of Lord Rama was beaten with a slipper that was allegedly thrown at the rally.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular