After facing uproar in Parliament over Kashmir Unrest, on Wednesday Rajya Sabha is set to hold the discussion on the issue.
Further continuing GN Azad said:
- Militant is Militant, no matter he is from Kashmir or from Punjab.
- Everyone in Kashmir is a victim of militancy. Many of us have lost their near and dear ones due to this militancy in Kashmir and added that there is a difference between communal ism and separatism.
- Law & order is not sole responsibility of Kashmir police, paramilitary forces are also involved.
- You call Jammu and Kashmir an integral part of India, but there needs to be integration of heart? Between people of India & J&K?
- There needs to be integration between Centre and State Government. That is not seen, else what PM said would not have come from MP but Parliament.
- Jammu and Kashmir has a curfew, many people have been injured. Civilians have faced losses. And as Parliament is on, we all need to share their pain.
- There should be an All Party Delegation and a meeting that needs to be sent to J&K, should be announced during the Parliament.
Replying Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad, Union Minister Arun Jaitley said Jammu and Kashmir is facing a sensitive situation today, there is a need for all of us to speak in one voice.
Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad in Rajya Sabha over Kashmir Unrest:
- I want to thank Home Minister on behalf of the opposition for allowing discussion on Kashmir issue.
- We did not hear Prime Minister’s statement on Dalit issues here in the Parliament. We got to hear about his views from Telangana.
- We have been repetitively demanding that PM should come and make statements on such issues (Kashmir & Dalit issues) in the Parliament.
- Don’t just love Kashmir for its beauty, love Kashmir for its people, love the children and people who lost their eyes in protests.