Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday(31st December) addressed the nation on the last day of the year. In his ‘Mann ki Baat’ PM Modi remembered Jesus Christ stating that he stressed most about serving the society.
He cited Gurudev Ramkrishna Paramhansa saying, ‘serve living beings as if worshipping the Almighty.” Modi also wished people on 350th ‘Prakash Parv’. Describing Guru Govind Singh Modi said,” Illustrious life of Gobind Singh ji, full of instances of courage & sacrifice is a source of inspiration to all of us.”
Here’s what PM Modi told nation on the last day of 2017.
- People born in 21st century will gradually begin to become eligible voters from 1st of January, 2018. Indian Democracy welcomes these new voters
- New India will be free from poison of casteism, communalism, terrorism and corruption; free from dirt & poverty
- Just now, while talking to you I got an idea whether we could organize a mock parliament in every district of India? I propose it should be around August 15.
- Recently I came to know of the inspiring story of Anjum Bashir Khan Khattak, he extricated from sting of terrorism and hatred and topped in Kashmir Administrative Examination, today he is an inspiration not only for J&K but India.
- Just last week, I had a chance of meeting some daughters of Jammu & Kashmir. I was amazed at spirit that they had, the enthusiasm that was there in their hearts and dreams they nurtured.
- A cleanliness survey will be conducted from 4th of January to 10th of March, 2018 to evaluate achievements in cleanliness level in our urban areas.
- It had come to our notice that if a Muslim woman wants to go on Haj , she must have a ‘Mehram’ or a male guardian, otherwise, she cannot travel, it was discriminatory, we have changed this rule and this year arnd 1300 women applied to go without a male guardian.
- Republic Day 2018 will be celebrated with leaders of all 10 ASEAN countries coming to India as Chief Guests