June 25, Sunday : Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is currently on a three nation tour, began 33rd episode of his monthly radio broadcast show ‘Mann Ki Baat’ by greeting people on the auspicious occasion of Eid.
Modi also shared his thoughts over wide range of issues and recent incidents.
Here are the Highlights of PM Modi’s 33rd ‘Mann Ki Baat’ :
- Modi began his Mann Ki Baat by talking about Ramzan and its importance.
- Also granted his wishes on Rath Yatra, said the poor people of India are attached to Lord Jagannath.
- He highlighted inspiring of Uttar Pradesh’s Mubarakpur village of Bijnor. Where people build toilets by own resources and without taking any financial help from the administration.
- Modi also talked about Emergency, said Democracy is not just a system, but also a ‘sanskar’ (ethos). One needs to be constantly alert about our democracy, that is why we must also keep remembering the events that inflicted harm upon our democracy. June 25, 1975, was a dark night that no devotee of democracy, no Indian can ever forget.
- He referred to Atal ji’s poem, for describing the state of mind during those turbulent times.
- On International Yoga, asserted nearly every country celebrated this occasion and also noted how Yoga was practiced on the Great Wall of China.
- He informed that 55,000 people in Ahmedabad, Gujrat performed Yoga together on this International Yoga Day and created new world record.
- Focusing on Yoga, added its about fitness and wellness.
- Modi also congratulated Indian badminton player Kidambi Srikanth for his achievements.
- Talking about country’s excellence in sports said children should be motivated to take part in sports adding, everyone should dream about Olympics.
- Appreciated ISRO’s achievements, over Mars mission and Satellite launch.